Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Putting my 2 cents in: Have we already considered or shot down the possibility of TitE being the premise for the new show? Sounds like that could work. Maybe the leak list was for everything and not just mazes?

I just find it hard to believe that Murdy would choose TitE to be a maze because of his love for The Exorcist. There are a ton of other, more suitable exorcism movies floating around out there, one of them with a release date coming up. I mean... if it were me and I wanted 28 Days Later but couldn't have it, my first thought wouldn't be to try for Shaun of the Dead. But maybe that's just me.

Face it bro, its a maze! I never said that was the only reason he chose Tite. The movie has big name actors and HHN has never had a maze based on a legit horror comedy so of course there's more important deciding factors. The fact that Tite SPECIFICALLY spoofs on the first exorcism movie was probably just the cherry on top.

We won't know for sure until the maze is announced and he says he'll be including that scene. If he does than I'm sure he'll be doing some of the ideas that he thought up for The Exorcist, since he won't ever get the rights to it. It's foolish to think he'd let them go to waste.

Were you talking about the Vatican Tapes? That movie sucked (IMO), had no big stars, bombed at the box office and I'm sure all the religious aspects don't help any. 

Ps- Not to sound like a horror afficianado/nerd but 28days features fast/infected zombies while Shaun features Romero type zombies. My first thought would be, 28 Days Later = Zombieland. I don't see how that is so crazy either. Different movies but can pull off similiar elements/situations.

An alien theme seems like a reasonable guess for Zone 1 but what do you guys think the whole "start up company" means? Like a human harvesting company or something similar to Daybreakers just without the vampires ? 

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the company that produces the vehicle that they're modifying for the scare zone. A guess would be a vehicle produced by these guys... http://www.thefuturepeople.us/future-cycles.html

They hate people because the vehicles are man powered. 

Depends how you interpret the posts I guess... Is the vehicle's company the actual company that produces it, or is it the company made up for the scare zone?

1. I guess you could say it's a business, a new start up. I certainly wouldn't want to do business with these guys! They hate humans!

13 retweets45 favorites
     Retweet13
     Favorite45
    More

The voice you hear isn't exactly human. So it's going to take some processing to get the sound right. The vehicle belongs to a company...

11 retweets43 favorites
     Retweet11
     Favorite43
    More

This element includes a vehicle that we have to prop out to fit the theme. I want it to sound like someone is inside the vehicle...talking

Here is a video of one of their vehicles in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0zZ2d0Xdnjg

I'd imagine that it would be much safer to use one of these vehicles at HHN versus driving around in a gas powered vehicle.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

^I don't think he meant like that honestly. The startup is probably made up for the scare zone and he probably means getting a picture car they can modify to look different. Anybody hoping for aliens with spaceships powered by human flesh?

A few questions...

Does he usually use moving vehicles (not motorcycles) for added effect in scare zones? Will this vehicle just be parked in 1 location, or will it be on the move? Are all the scare zones this year original concepts? 

What type of creature drives a vehicle, dislikes humans, and has a voice that doesn't sound human (yet probably speaks English)?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Closest to a moving vehicle we get are the wall vehicles like the train in AWIL. Stationary vehicles are all we get in scarezones. From what I've heard from the leaker, all but one of the zones are original. And roaming zones are more Orlando's thing. We have our separate and stationary zones. Unless that changed for this year. 

It would be cool if they brought back the Terror Tram being the theme that glues the event together element this year with The Purge, I think it's doable. Would love to see Crimson, TWD, Michael Myers (again) and Insidous stuff on the trails. 

• Like 1

It would be cool if they brought back the Terror Tram being the theme that glues the event together element this year with The Purge, I think it's doable. Would love to see Crimson, TWD, Michael Myers (again) and Insidous stuff on the trails. 

Myers could probably work with the purge. I can't see how any of the other three could be meshed with it to be honest. 

Face it bro, its a maze! I never said that was the only reason he chose Tite. The movie has big name actors and HHN has never had a maze based on a legit horror comedy so of course there's more important deciding factors. The fact that Tite SPECIFICALLY spoofs on the first exorcism movie was probably just the cherry on top.

We won't know for sure until the maze is announced and he says he'll be including that scene. If he does than I'm sure he'll be doing some of the ideas that he thought up for The Exorcist, since he won't ever get the rights to it. It's foolish to think he'd let them go to waste.

Were you talking about the Vatican Tapes? That movie sucked (IMO), had no big stars, bombed at the box office and I'm sure all the religious aspects don't help any. 

Ps- Not to sound like a horror afficianado/nerd but 28days features fast/infected zombies while Shaun features Romero type zombies. My first thought would be, 28 Days Later = Zombieland. I don't see how that is so crazy either. Different movies but can pull off similiar elements/situations.

I didn't write that in response to whatever it was you said. I'm also not sure why you decided to pick up a two week old conversation that has changed in the time since it started.

Ps - no worries, bro. You do not sound like an aficionado/nerd. ;) 

• Like 1

A few questions...

Does he usually use moving vehicles (not motorcycles) for added effect in scare zones? Will this vehicle just be parked in 1 location, or will it be on the move?

What type of creature drives a vehicle, dislikes humans, and has a voice that doesn't sound human (yet probably speaks English)?

No, not that I can remember. I think with how small USH is and how packed HHN usually gets, it's kinda pointless to use moving vehicles if we had room like Orlando that would be cool.

Vampires, Demons, Mutants, Robots, Aliens hell you can go the "Legion" route and say angels. but regardless of what they are...they will have chainsaws! lol 

No, not that I can remember. I think with how small USH is and how packed HHN usually gets, it's kinda pointless to use moving vehicles if we had room like Orlando that would be cool.

Vampires, Demons, Mutants, Robots, Aliens hell you can go the "Legion" route and say angels. but regardless of what they are...they will have chainsaws! lol 

Lol so true. I'm sure the humans fighting off whatever monster is attacking will be the ones with the chainsaws. 

Hello everybody I am to curious as to what mr murdy has in store for us with this non human in a vehicle, please don't bite my head off for the maybe non topical post but I think the ticket prices might be up 

http://m.halloweenhorrornights.com/tickets

That definitely is quite an increase... As high $190 for FOTL pass? That's pure robbery. Still won't affect with crowds lol.

Were you guys aware that a show called South of Hell existed? 

http://deadline.com/2014/11/south-of-hell-directors-ti-west-rachel-talalay-jennifer-lynch-jeremiah-chelchik-eli-roth-jason-blum-we-tv-1201281716/

I can't find it's premiere date anywhere, but it definitely sounds like a show I'd be interested in. Eli Roth, Jason Blum and Jennifer Lynch are a few of the directors involved with this show, yet somehow I just found out about it today... odd.

Looks like you guys are getting 2 announcements pretty much back to back. There is 1 coming this weekend at ScareLA (Rock Festival) and then...

Filming another announcement video this morning. Will hopefully be released next week...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

anyone else working on rock festival? I think I get it but fall short every time I tweet John. I'm determined to solve this. 

All I think is that the song has to be performed by either Jefferson Airplane or Crosby, Stills, & Nash. I thought it could have been TWD, but obviously that is not the case.

I'm very sure it's Halloween which is why I keep using Crosby Stills and Nash. I think I have 5/6 correct but the freaking Star Wars hint!!!!

It almost has to be a shared name... right?

1. Clarification...the person from the Star Wars franchise is an actor, not a character....

7 retweets23 favorites
     Retweet7
     Favorite23
    More

Another hint, something a person from the New and Old Testament and the Star Wars franchise has in common (the original 3 films)...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

That's how I've been connecting it. I've done twice with Michael. 

Michael the archangel old/New Testament. 

Michael bell who voice acted in A New Hope. Then Michael Carter who was Bib Fortuna in Return of The Jedi. Albino dude in Jaba's palace. 

But john shut down both of them so I'm at a loss. 

Edit: I might've found something. 

John (Carpenter) 

john Hollis who played Lobot in Empire Strikes Back

And John the Baptist is the prophet who links the old and the New Testament. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13