Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

To keep us grounded and keep us from I do and do not want's I'll start this up early

Things that at least a little bit of weight so far

Insidious Chapter 3- Insidious is now a Universal Property and was advertised all over the park. John Wants to work with James Wan, Leigh Whannel, and Jason Blum again.

Sinister- Sinister is now a Universal Property. Jason Blum and John want to work together again so with Purge 3 and Insidious it could be Year of the Blum and could lead back to some sort of theme that does not involve total Walker take over. Has a Producible Villain. IS NOT A GHOST OR DEMON.

The Purge 3/Purge Terror Tram- Need for New Terror Tram theme, Purge 3 being owned by Universal and is hot right now. Again could be year of the Blum.

Dark Christmas Maze- Huge hit consider being a SZ, mythological villain (Krampus).

The Walking Dead- Duh!

Things that need to be discussed....

From Dusk Till Dawn returning- Season was promoted, John enjoyed working with Wilmer and Robert.

Bill and Ted

The fate of NY street barkers

AHS being worth making into a maze

Shows

Fast and Furious being open for HHN

• Like 1

I would be so disappointed if FDTD came back that was easily my least favorite maze and one of my least favorite properties at the event. Yeah richie gecko outside the maze was awesome, and the facade was pretty cool to look at sans the Titty in the name. But the maze itself was so lackluster for me I got scared maybe once out of both the times I went through and a sequel maze seems even worse. Enough with the hispanic theme mazes it takes up a spot every year where we could have so many cooler properties (TrT,Hellraiser). Just make a hispanic theme scare zone like La Llarona to fill that demographic.

• Like 1

To keep us grounded and keep us from I do and do not want's I'll start this up early

Things that at least a little bit of weight so far

Insidious Chapter 3- Insidious is now a Universal Property and was advertised all over the park. John Wants to work with James Wan, Leigh Whannel, and Jason Blum again.

Sinister- Sinister is now a Universal Property. Jason Blum and John want to work together again so with Purge 3 and Insidious it could be Year of the Blum and could lead back to some sort of theme that does not involve total Walker take over. Has a Producible Villain. IS NOT A GHOST OR DEMON.

The Purge 3/Purge Terror Tram- Need for New Terror Tram theme, Purge 3 being owned by Universal and is hot right now. Again could be year of the Blum.

Dark Christmas Maze- Huge hit consider being a SZ, mythological villain (Krampus).

The Walking Dead- Duh!

Things that need to be discussed....

From Dusk Till Dawn returning- Season was promoted, John enjoyed working with Wilmer and Robert.

Bill and Ted

The fate of NY street barkers

AHS being worth making into a maze

Shows

Fast and Furious being open for HHN

Insidious-Pretty sure It'll return. Pretty popular property

Sinister-I still think Murdy would do either or to be honest

Purge- The Scarezone will probably come back hopefully TT as well but at this point it's more wishful thinking than anything

Dark Christmas-There seems to be a high demand for it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it returned as a maze

Walking Dead-yea

FDTD Return_ Pretty doubtful to be honest. They really wouldn't me saving any money since the new season takes place is different locations, and there's not that much of a demand although the maze was great.

B&T-also doubtful since the extra money went towards the 7th maze, and we need it more than ever now that theres no more HOH overlays.

NY Barkers-pretty sure that'll blow over. It doesn't seem like this incident was as public as the B&T incident

AHS-Theres a couple of new things that could be used now

like Edward Mondrake and his group as well as the snuff film chainsaw guys

F&F-I hope it'll be open so it can eat up some of the crowd IDK where'd they load people though

Edited by Ridesandstuff

The budget grows every year one of the biggest thing helping it grow is TWD.

I don't think the 7th was entirely due to the absent of Bill & Ted yes it freed up some of the budget but I don't, Plus we need a show to help with crowds this was the worst year at least from my visit ironically the most fluid part was where they were doing construction.

Budget wise it's super smart to just do the Year Of The Blum Universal owns all three (Purge, Insidious Ch. 3, and Sinister) Blum will be backing them so it's a great 1...2...3 Punch.

The budget grows every year one of the biggest thing helping it grow is TWD.

I don't think the 7th was entirely due to the absent of Bill & Ted yes it freed up some of the budget but I don't, Plus we need a show to help with crowds this was the worst year at least from my visit ironically the most fluid part was where they were doing construction.

Budget wise it's super smart to just do the Year Of The Blum Universal owns all three (Purge, Insidious Ch. 3, and Sinister) Blum will be backing them so it's a great 1...2...3 Punch.

ehh they crowds weren't any worse than they usually are...not to me at least

I agree with the blum thing though, wouldnt pe surprised if Lazarus showed up too.

NY Barkers-pretty sure that'll blow over. It doesn't seem like this incident was as public as the B&T incident

This was pretty widespread actually, and covered on mainstream news and websites where even my regular friends were posting links to it. People then ask me about it since they know I'm a fan. However, for B&T, I had to reach out and inform people about what happened, while this already has the awareness.

• Like 1

I was in the lower lot a little later then usual and that was bad the biggest line I waited in was for soda.

Anyways The year of the Blum is a good way to not rely too much on TWD, we can have a TWD without TT and theme.

This was pretty widespread actually, and covered on mainstream news and websites where even my regular friends were posting links to it. People then ask me about it since they know I'm a fan. However, for B&T, I had to reach out and inform people about what happened, while this already has the awareness.

I'm kinda hoping the article the Vice dude wrote lighten up the situation of B&T with both how Knott's handled it and that the dude was just looking for attention. I'm mean the dude compared himself to Jesus for Christ's sake....no pun intended.

hire new writters explains the no-no's and we should be fine.

Definitely >99%-

TWD

Most likely 75-90%-

Purge will come back in some way

Dark Christmas maze

Insidious returns with Ch 3 now

Somewhat likely 40-60%-

Maze involving puppets

Halloween or FvJ: I'm surprised FvJ hasn't been done yet

AHS

Trick r Treat

Unlikely 15-30%-

Sinister: If Insidious returns Murdy won't do Sinister

The Conjuring: Probably Saving it for 2016

Repeat of AWiL/AvP

Shows returning (B&T, RHPS, etc)

FDTD returns

Celebration of 10th Year

Alice Cooper Returns

Extremely Unlikely <10%-

The Exorcist

Scream

Icon (especially an Orlando Icon)

Aliens

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek
  • Like 1

Sinister sucks. Ugh. Please no. It wouldn't make a good maze either. At least the first film's stuff. And I don't think people request it that much now either. I think at the time it was just because people request whatever is out right than. But I haven't seen much desire for it on FB or Twitter.

• Like 1

Murdy said he'd do it if the movie actually comes out. So...we have to wait on that.

It will be interesting to see what the most popular maze was this year. I that it was a close race between Face Off, AWIL, and AVP. Now while Face Off does have some chance with a new non-HOH maze since there's always more characters and the environments would be new by nature of not being in the HOH. AWIL is also possible. AVP seems to be the most likely, seeing as it has the biggest draw of the three. I think Orlando reused their AWIL puppets for AVP this year, so they could use the old puppets and some new ones. Change things around a bit since the maze is mostly original. Personally, I'm calling AVP coming back.

• Like 2

Murdy said he'd do it if the movie actually comes out. So...we have to wait on that.

It will be interesting to see what the most popular maze was this year. I that it was a close race between Face Off, AWIL, and AVP. Now while Face Off does have some chance with a new non-HOH maze since there's always more characters and the environments would be new by nature of not being in the HOH. AWIL is also possible. AVP seems to be the most likely, seeing as it has the biggest draw of the three. I think Orlando reused their AWIL puppets for AVP this year, so they could use the old puppets and some new ones. Change things around a bit since the maze is mostly original. Personally, I'm calling AVP coming back.

I'd actually like to see a Face-Off original maze in Parisian Square... Maybe theme it as an art museum that's been abandoned and the Face-Off characters are the exhibits?

What puppets from Orlandos AWIL did they reuse into AVP I don't think they would mix.

They reskinned the puppet mechanism. If you look at the way the xenomorphs move vs. how their AWIL puppets moved, they seem to have a similar mechanism. Mechanisms get reused all the time.

Sinister sucks. Ugh. Please no. It wouldn't make a good maze either. At least the first film's stuff. And I don't think people request it that much now either. I think at the time it was just because people request whatever is out right than. But I haven't seen much desire for it on FB or Twitter.

If they do it, it will not be the first one since I'm sure they only use whatever is in the second one since Universal is Distributing it. But like most things just wait till it gets released then everyone will bring it up like most mainstream horror.

With TWD I don't see anything else coming back to be honest if is was not for that I think you'd be right.

Since I don't come from this coast, I can't really speculate on what's going on: but I am going to make a statement for 2016, hear me out: With The Mummy remake/boot "officially" launching the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe in 2016, I could easily see a case of duel coast synergy on that part. Perhaps not putting Dracula in HOH was a test to see if the Cinematic Universe could be well recieved as full houses, with the mostly action orientation. Obviously, the opinion has been mixed on both coasts, but hey when did that stop anything?

• Like 1

From Twitter:

Having lunch today with a legend, to see if we can work together on HHN 2015. Never would've predicted this one! Life is strange!

Maybe Del Toro?

John Carpenter is also a possibility. If it was Del Torror, that would be predictable if he's working on Crimson Peak.

Also from Twitter:

What I predict they are:

1. Walking Dead

2. Crimson Peak (2015 film/Legendary)

3. Trick 'r Treat (Legendary)

4. The Fog (Lunch with the legend/Carpenter? Film's annicersary)

My predictions

1. The Walking Dead (of course its coming back just look at the tv ratings for season 5 so far)

3. Trick R' Treat (sequel in 2015 and fans have been asking for this maze for years)

3. Insidious CH3 (the first maze was considered one of best mazes of all time and the gen pop loved it)

4. Dark Christmas (This is gonna be like a La Llarona case first it was a scare zone then a maze)

Interesting tweet I still think Trick r Treat is too far of a long shot at this point and won't happen unless we get news that the sequel will actually release next year, The Fog might also be a possibility but correct me if I'm wrong don't Murdy work with Carpenter for Halloween back in 09' or did he do it on his own? If he worked with him then it's most likely not him. At first I thought Del Toro but Crimson Peak is a given anyway I think so I think and hope it could be Doug Bradley or Clive Barker.

Here's what I think the 4 mazes Murdy was talking about are...

1. The Walking Dead

2. Insidious

3. Sinister

4. Crimson Peak

Here's what I think the rest of the line-up is...

5. Hellraiser

6. Friday the 13th (or FvJ)

7. Dark Christmas