Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Wishful Thinking

yeah even third year of Walking Dead was very popular....

seriously Freak did the terror tram run over your cat or something?

I honestly think that 10th Anniversary is his FINAL year... Would be shameful if He and Chris have a massive, epic HHN planned for 2015 but then Corporate nixes it all for more Walking Dead and Advertising.. C'est la vie...

What did they advertise besides TV shows and Dracula?.... AVP and AWIL were totally irrelevant this year

So you're saying the only people who attended HHN this year who have been there before is us?

• Like 1

What did they advertise besides TV shows and Dracula?.... AVP and AWIL were totally irrelevant this year

Not really, almost all the radio ads talked about AVP and AWIL first then TWD. I didn't hear or see ads for anything else besides those three (other than bus stop posters) Edited by Ridesandstuff

seriously Freak did the terror tram run over your cat or something?

So you're saying the only people who attended HHN this year who have been there before is us?

The Terror Tram wouldn't let me smoke weed with my girlfriend that's why. I'm going to make it pay! Terror Tram will regret being friends with Murdy!
  • Like 3

Well... They were giving out copies of Alien: Isolation...

But did you see anything promoting it? I think it was just coincidence that a game came out this year, If the game didn't happen we still would of had AVP, in fact if the wanted to promote the game they would of done the maze based off of Isolation since they could of gotten around the rights Disney owned by doing the maze based off the game and not any of the movie just how they got around it by basing it off of AVP and not Alien(s)

^ Wouldn't count in it. Murdy openly said on Twitter that he thinks those characters should stay in Orlando.

I honestly find that sad... We have these wonderful characters that are Universal created that we could use in Hollywood and He decides NOT to let them in Hollywood... And what's his deal with no storyline/thematic unity? Does he really think a mixed bag of random horror IPs makes a better event than actually creating a backstory ala Orlando?

Universal did not create them Orlando's creative team created them. I hate to tell you even all of Orlando's mazes are not connected in a year, the only years were 2005 (Terra Queen) and 2006 (Sweet 16) while every other year while having a story did not really bothered connecting the houses together unless with some lame gimmick (all of 2008 were connected because they were all fears). Honestly it's not that big of a deal.

But did you see anything promoting it?

Yup. Weren't you watching the large screens on the backlot? There was a commercial and I believe a making-of documentary about some comic-book tied to it. Which was really lame by the way, because you couldn't hear a damn thing they were saying. Pick a better video next time, jeez.

I saw nothing the weekend I was there and I was in line for a good 15 minutes for AVP all they did was show various Universal horror clips, the Tram horror monatge and the "Come between a battle between two races of aliens" bumper for the maze.

The video loop was long. It may have even been a few different video loops. Either way, 15 minutes was not enough to see the whole thing (But 140 suuure was. :( )

On this note, I'll add another wishful thinking thing:

I really commend them for giving us in line entertainment. That was a big wish of ours for years. Then they started it, but would add it late in the run and wouldn't be ready for opening night. Then they added scare patrol. Sometimes its cool, sometimes its annoying, but at least they're trying to do a positive thing. I think the idea could use some tweaking. Anyway this year, from what I could see, all in line entertainment was ready for opening weekend. The only one that got an addition later was the Dracula Untold TVs in the queue. Now that we've touched on that, here's my complaint: the in line entertainment can get very monotonous. There is no good fucking reason that we should be subjected to the gosh damn trailer for Dracula Untold 40 fucking times while in line for the maze. For God sake, that is inhuman. Not to mention, it plays on other loops for other mazes. A making-of featurette, interviews, long exclusive clips, old scenes from past Dracula movies would've been awesome. But I can not tell you how turned off I am now by Dracula Untold since I've seen that trailer so many times. I was interested in the movie before, but have zero interest now. Who's bright idea was this? We're already going through the maze as promotion, why force this shit down our throats further by replaying it that many times? The other loops for other mazes were okay. I think the best loop was probably FDTD. It's totally false advertising since they only showed the Twister stuff, which is literally half way into the season, but at least it wasn't the same damn thing over and over again. And the AVP - TWD screens were kinda lame too, with that long AVP making-of the comic book thing. Like, who seriously cares about that?! Show us Sigourney Weaver, show us James Cameron, show us clips from the movie or the game... and then once you show us something good, turn it up so we could actually hear the damn thing.

• Like 1

On this note, I'll add another wishful thinking thing:

I really commend them for giving us in line entertainment. That was a big wish of ours for years. Then they started it, but would add it late in the run and wouldn't be ready for opening night. Then they added scare patrol. Sometimes its cool, sometimes its annoying, but at least they're trying to do a positive thing. I think the idea could use some tweaking. Anyway this year, from what I could see, all in line entertainment was ready for opening weekend. The only one that got an addition later was the Dracula Untold TVs in the queue. Now that we've touched on that, here's my complaint: the in line entertainment can get very monotonous. There is no good fucking reason that we should be subjected to the gosh damn trailer for Dracula Untold 40 fucking times while in line for the maze. For God sake, that is inhuman. Not to mention, it plays on other loops for other mazes. A making-of featurette, interviews, long exclusive clips, old scenes from past Dracula movies would've been awesome. But I can not tell you how turned off I am now by Dracula Untold since I've seen that trailer so many times. I was interested in the movie before, but have zero interest now. Who's bright idea was this? We're already going through the maze as promotion, why force this shit down our throats further by replaying it that many times? The other loops for other mazes were okay. I think the best loop was probably FDTD. It's totally false advertising since they only showed the Twister stuff, which is literally half way into the season, but at least it wasn't the same damn thing over and over again. And the AVP - TWD screens were kinda lame too, with that long AVP making-of the comic book thing. Like, who seriously cares about that?! Show us Sigourney Weaver, show us James Cameron, show us clips from the movie or the game... and then once you show us something good, turn it up so we could actually hear the damn thing.

1. I could hear everything in the queue for AVP and 2. There were no TV's for Dracula on Saturday when I was there, I did not see any TV's and I was in that line for 50 minutes.

You know what would of benefited from a video in line? Clowns...would helped made the maze make more sense have Sweet Licks commercials... explain who his kids were, All I would of knew was there was free Ice Cream if it was not for me being an avid fan.

• Like 1

1. I could hear everything in the queue for AVP and 2. There were no TV's for Dracula on Saturday when I was there, I did not see any TV's and I was in that line for 50 minutes.

The TVs in the queue for Dracula weren't there opening weekend, but they were by my second visit on the 16th. Then, on my third visit of the 25th, one of the TVs was off/broken. Maybe by Nov, the other TV broke and they took them both out.

Honestly, that line is more bearable without that god forsaken trailer playing over and over again. Consider yourself lucky.