Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Wishful Thinking

Anyone see tonight's password? (;

Totally subliminal messaging.

Hehehe

There you go. The 2015 film = Crimson Peak. Since it's also Legendary, why not do Trick r Treat. AWiL was so successful so that would be the next creature/werewolf house. Walking Dead, Crimson Peak, and Trick r Treat actually seem likely next year!

Imagine if Murdy would be able to score the Exorcist, Hellraiser, and his Classic Monsters maze he's wanted to do. THAT would be worthy of a ten-year anniversary line-up. Here's my wishful line-up for the ten year anniversary, trying to be realistic:

-Silver Screams

-Dark Christmas (No 3D)

-The Asylum: Resurrection

-The Exorcist

-Hellraiser

-Trick r Treat

-Crimson Peak

-John Carpenter's The Fog

-The Purge Terror Tram

That would be eight houses. Plus, I want to see Bill and Ted back and a new show inside of Shrek. Rocky Horror could go in Shrek and that would be another great way to celebrate the tenth. It would also be cool to see a remake of the Asylum. It was the maze that started it all.

• Like 1

H

That would be eight houses. Plus, I want to see Bill and Ted back and a new show inside of Shrek. Rocky Horror could go in Shrek and that would be another great way to celebrate the tenth. It would also be cool to see a remake of the Asylum. It was the maze that started it all.

The irony in this is one show was dropped for being homophobic but the other was dropped for being "Too Gay".

The system is flawed.

• Like 2

The irony in this is one show was dropped for being homophobic but the other was dropped for being "Too Gay".

The system is flawed.

Honestly how was B&T homophobic? I never saw it but I heard it was because of gay superman. Really? Is that homophobic? Arguably the most powerful superhero being gay? In my opinion that would be empowering, if anything.

Honestly how was B&T homophobic? I never saw it but I heard it was because of gay superman. Really? Is that homophobic? Arguably the most powerful superhero being gay? In my opinion that would be empowering, if anything.

He wasn't just gay, he was stereotypically gay, which people take a lot of offense to nowadays, since gays don't act like that.

it was a too over the top with the stereotype.

It was not the fact superman was gay....honestly that's not where the joke went south it was latter when he was acting kinda creepy and rapey towards Ted and was deemed weak and useless against Zod and was forced to "Man Up" with steroids. If Superman was turned Gay and was able to kick Zod's ass without "Maning Up" I don't think it would of escalated so fast.

Also, on a another note Insidious Posters EVERYWHERE!

• Like 1

So I have this weird idea of there being an original maze next year based off of the Chupacabra and I think it could work!

Reasons why it could work:

1)AvP and AWiL have now gone down as best 2 HHNH mazes ever, and they could redo the AWIL werewolves to be chupacabras (dog-like evil creatures, kinda like werewolves)

2)Mexican themed maze appeals to demographic

3) Chupacabra is a fairly well known mexican myth

And I think this is reasonable to ask for for our 2015 HHN lineup:

1) TWD

2) AHS (please god please)

3)The Evil Within (looks creepy, they could reuse some silent hill stuff and alien puppet style creatures for the larger creatures)

4)Chupacabra original

5) Dark Christmas original

6) Some shit rocker 3D maze

7)Trick'r'treat (sequel in 2015, fans ask for it, fits murdy's criteria)

*8)Some Universal Property Movie because promotion promotion promotion

The Purge Terror Tram

Some PG/PG-13 show to replace B&T just to let the tension loosen

Some smaller scale show that is draws a bigger crowd than the barker on NY scarezone (just an idea but like they could redo the whole freakz scarezone and actually have a freakshow that is kinda like Chucky's insult imporium but draws even more guests just to distract crowds.

So I have this weird idea of there being an original maze next year based off of the Chupacabra and I think it could work!

Reasons why it could work:

1)AvP and AWiL have now gone down as best 2 HHNH mazes ever, and they could redo the AWIL werewolves to be chupacabras (dog-like evil creatures, kinda like werewolves)

2)Mexican themed maze appeals to demographic

3) Chupacabra is a fairly well known mexican myth

It's not gonna happen, they've already done two Hispanic legends and both kinda flopped IMO. While it might appeal to the demogrhic of LA, I just don't see it happening.

And as far as I'm concerned with 2015, Trick r Treat better be in there, and dear god, NO MORE WALKING DEAD! Bring TT back to it's old days of awesome with one single "storyline" that tied a bunch of themes/characters at the event together (I.e. Scream/Stab, Chucky, back in 07 with The Director).

So are there any other video games that could work for next year? Resident Evil and The Evil Within are the 2 main possibilities in my eyes. But what I would LOVE (again, this is wishful thinking and not actual spec) would be BioShock. Imagine walking through the plane wreck with water on the sides, kind of like La Llorona and ED, with Welcome to Rapture playing as the facade audio.

• Like 1

More of my wishful thinking:

-I would say no more Walking Dead, but that's not going to happen. AMC is advertising their season six premiere at LA for 2015. If it does return, PLEASE do not make it the Terror Tram. Everyone is over that.

-Two shows. Bill and Ted and Rocky Horror. They both have anniversaries next year. Rocky would be perfect in Shrek. We. Need. Shows. They have to get people off the streets.

-Since it's the tenth anniversary, I hope they celebrate it. 2010 was our five-year anniversary and they didn't give a single crap. I want to see Murdy do that Julian Browning Usher/Universal Monsters maze that we were supposed to get last year. Put it in the Globe Theater.

-Doing the Exorcist and Trick r Treat would not be bad ways of celebrating ten years of HHN either;especially if it's John's last year.

-For Pete's sake, have a theme! I know Murdy hates this, but have an overall Halloween-ish theme. Is that really too much to ask for!?

-Have Silly Swirly open for HHN. We NEED all of the extra capacity we can get and people will ride it out of irony. Have a tram in addition to the two shows that goes to Fast and the Furious; like how they did one for Kong when it first opened.

-If it doesn't hurt the quality, then maybe add an eight house? The event is selling out like crazy so I would feel comfortable spending more in jacking up capacity.

-Expand the footprint on the backlot. There needs to be more space for foot traffic.

All I really want next year is more shows/more capacity. I really want to see that Usher maze come to fruition.

• Like 3

How do you know there was supposed to be a Usher maze? :0 That would be perfect for our 10th year.

I kept hearing rumors about it from several people. One of the insiders on here confirmed when 2013 spec was closing that it was supposed to go inside of 28. They were going to go all-out with Jullian's backstory. It's a shame it didn't happen.

Oh, I would also LOVE to see John Carpenter's the Fog be turned into a house. There's so much cool stuff to work with. The Lighthouse, the church, the morgue the house over the water...just so much to work with. Next year is the 35th anniversary of that film.

• Like 2

The Fog is a great property. I remember thinking the same when I saw it about 2 years ago. However, if it came, I wouldn't get too excited it for it. Then again, we'll have 7 mazes now, so there's some leeway for diversity in types of properties we get. Do you really think we need 8 mazes though? Next year we're getting a full 7 without HOH, I think that's reason to celebrate enough. Plus I don't wanna thin out the budget -- me thinks the transitions in AWIL, the reuse of the prison in TWD, and the home haunt ending to Dracula were evident of that happening enough already. Next year should be pretty damn good with 7 full on mazes and hopefully mostly new properties. I can't imagine Dracula or Clowns coming back. FDTD and TWD would have to be completely new. AWIL seems like a long shot to return.