• Halloween
    • Dollhouse of the Damned
    • Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
  2. 2. Favorite Scare Zone of HHN24

• MASKerade: Unstitched
    • The Purge: Anarchy
    • Bayou of Blood
    • FaceOff: In the Flesh

Vote on your favorite House and Zone of HHN24. I personally found the house lineup to be surprisingly strong this year. The only sort of dud is Dracula, but that may just be due to timing. We'll see as the event progresses.

Houses:

1. Dollhouse of the Damned

2. Halloween

3. The Walking Dead

4. AvP

5. Giggles

6. Roanoke

7. From Dusk Till Dawn

8. Dracula Untold

Zones:

1. The Purge (Metal in a zone at HHN? That's all you need to win me over. The zone is insane with energy. Probably my all time favorite scare zone.)

Didn't really see the rest so won't comment on those. But Purge is freaking INSANE.

Edited by foREVer56

Even though Halloween and AvP are both very detailed and intricate, HOTY seems to be leaning in Dollhouse of the Damned's favor. Most, if not all reviews say only positive things about this house, and even if you only had maybe a couple scareactors "get you", the overall tone of this house is mostly where this house's fear factor comes from. It's attention to detail is on par with the other big names, but there are some errors with AvP, and others aren't satisfied with a house where mostly all the scares take place in the same building and is from one character. Every room in this house is based off of a different type of doll, each being very well-planned. Nobody can complain about variation in this one! Also, the scareactors in Dollhouse are some of the best we've seen, even if they don't necessarily have to pop out super fast, because the ones that don't hide are probably the most unnerving. There doesn't seem to have been any problems with this house, from what I've read so far, and it's the most disturbing one we've had in ages. The other houses could definitely fill this spot, seeing as how they're all very well-designed this year, but Dollhouse just seems to be a step above the rest.

My line up would have to be:

1) Dollhouse of the Damned.

2) Halloween
3) Giggles & Gore
4) Roanoke
5) Dracula
6) From Dusk Till Dawn
7) Walking Dead
8) AvP

Bayou is easily my top SZ.

The lower ranked houses could easily be changed around depending on the day/cast but I think my top three will always be my top three and my top house will always be Dollhouse this year.

Edit: 5-8 changed places after two more run throughs. I had a feeling they would. I think 7&8 will always be interchangable depending on what casts/timing etc etc

Edited by Luna1428

1) AvP

2) Dollhouse

3) Halloween

4) FDTD

5) Giggles

6) Dracula

7) TWD

8) Roanoke

3-6 are all really close in my book. 1 and 2 really stood out to me and 7 and 8 flopped. This might change when I go back. Especially what everyone is saying about Roanoke, could have had a bad cast.

Scarezones:

1) Bayou

2) The Purge

3) Face off

4) MASKerade.

I don't see these changing too much. I got a really good look at all of these, but we'll see

I didn't really state this, and I am going to get such weird....looks?

1. Dracula Untold-Got scares basically every room I could and sets look beautiful.

2. Dollhouse of the Damned-Less scares than Dracula even with two runs, but everything about this is still awesome.

3. The Walking Dead-Yes, hang me from the ceiling. Sure, zombies are overdone, but everyone felt aggressive when I went through and the sets were really good and accurate.

4. Giggles and Gore-Two runs, both very good. Love the concept in general. Scares are good, as well as some of the rooms are very cool (especially the finale scene).

5. From Dusk Till Dawn-Love the show, so this was good to me. All the vampires look and sound very aggressive. I like how loud it is. Sets were a bit meh, but the actors made up for it.

6. Halloween-This low does not mean bad. Still really loved this house. Got some good scares and I can't deny the sets look good, but you can't deny it's suburbia, which ain't the most interesting thing. Also, two girls behind me that nearly pushed me over, though that's not the house's fault.

7. Roanoke- Sets are awesome, if not a bit repetitive and like Halloween stop being interesting. The finale was cool, if not actually scary. That's the problem, I never was really scared, except for one time.

8. AVP- Went through on Saturday after the Cardiac Arrest closing. Yeah no, my experience wasn't that good. Everything looked good, Predators are awesome looking. Problem is, I didn't see the Alien puppets, the facehuggers are lame, and even the crouching section was down, at least when I went through.

Remember this is from the opening two days, and doing one run through of each house, except Dollhouse and Giggles got two. This will probably change by next week.

EDIT: Forgot zones.

1. The Purge-Very intense and aggressive. Noises everywhere and the truck and bus mini shows are awesome.

2. Face-Off/Bayou of Blood- These two have opposite problems to me. Face-Off had meh sets, but I got pretty good scares. Bayou has pretty cool sets (THAT SHACK), but I got no scares. Haven't seen the ritual either.

3. Maskerade-Love the candles and such, but no scares are coming. This get last since the candles are really the only "set" pieces.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 2

*TOP 3 HOUSES*

1. Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood- I was targeted by actors everywhere! It's a beautiful house yet can be very scary if you hit the scares at the correct timing!

2. Halloween- ITS SCARY. Nuff said.

3. AVP- Cool sets, scary puppets, and large predators make this a must see house!

4. Roanoke: Cannibal Colony- I must have hit this house at a good time. Me and my friends literally walked in with nobody in front of or behind us...All the actors targeted us.

5. Dollhouse of the damned- Its just a very weird and creepy house. THE SMELL IS JUST AWFUL!

6. From Dusk Till Dawn- Its a unique concept but not good enough to provide a lot of scares. The only scares I got was from the more creature looking scareactors.

7. Giggles & Gore- I must have hit this house at the wrong time because I didn't get any scares. I was kinda mad.

...And as for The Walking Dead, I have yet to see that house. I will be returning to the event soon and I will make sure to see it. Though it probably won't make my Top 3.

Scarezones

1. FaceOff- This is such a fun and energetic zone! Which is why its my favorite! BTW I Love the music!!

2. The Purge- Insane. Jaw-dropping. Scary.

3. Bayou of Blood- Beautiful props and sets. But I havent really recieved or seen any scares.

4. MASKerade:Unstitched- Its mostly just a bunch of glamorous scareactors dancing to freaky masquerade ball music. Not so scary, more pretty and fun.

1.) HALLOWEEN- HANDS DOWN BEST HOUSE I'VE EVER BEEN IN, EVER. Scary as fuckk from start to finish. Non stop in ur face action from Myers. Its a beautiful house. GREAT JOB UNIVERSAL! :)

2.) Walking Dead- the last 2 TWD houses were okay. but this one was absolutely KILLER. I know people are tired of zombies, but go in this house alone, no one in front or behind you, fresh cast change, and lemme know if you pissed ur pants or not, cuz i almost did haha.

3.) Giggles&Gore- FINALLY a clown house, this house was amazing. shortest house of the year? my ass it was, it was never ending. Great energy from the casts, i'm not scared of clowns, but they sure know how to change that for those 5 minutes ur in the house, lol.

4.) From dusk Til Dawn- i talked mad shit about this house. It sucked the first time i went in, sucked the 2nd time. But my third time was incredible. Got the entire house to my self, i even got cornered by two vamps! i couldnt move haha, it was great!

5.) Roanoke- MEAT!!!! The word meat gets annoying, but since opening night this house hasnt really disappointed much,so yea. definitely top 5 for me!

6.) Dollhouse- Dolls dont scare me much, but this house reallllly knows how to get deep in ur head, very creepy. I've only done this 3 times. So i definitely will try again, shoutout to those mannequins at the end tho for giving me a good scare!!!

7.) Dracula- uhmm.... yea, beautiful house and all, but i got one scare at the very end, and i was nearly alone the entire house, so yea, very lazy cast.

8.) Bum ass AVP- this house sucked. I'm sorry but it did NOT do any justice to the wolves from last year. great scenery, but super predictable scares. Once again, nearly alone the whole house, sooo. The puppets are to visible and obnoxious. They dont LUNGE at you or anything the way the wolves did last year. And the predators just come out and stand their. They dont do anything productive. What was in my top 3 before going, is now my least favorite house. Probably not going back in this house the rest of the month :/ sorry AVP, could have done better, Way better...

1.) PURGE- Whats better than Metal + chainsaws? I'll tell you, NOTHING. I only wish sting alley was being used during it, but oh well :P

2.) Maskerade- i love the music, and lighting and costuming, but scares could be a bit better if this area wasnt so damn crowded :/

3.) Bayou- Very dark and eerie scarezone, But no more sacrifice show brought this down to number 3 instead of 2nd place. Hope to get more scares when i go back tho! Love the weird tall skull creatures btw.

4.) Face off- yea no, this sucks, sorry but i was hoping for something like "7" but oh well. Probably the first Terminator area scarezone to ever disappoint me :(

After tonight, this about sums it up so far. I'll revise if needed before the event ends.

Houses

1. Halloween

2. Giggles And Gore Inc.

3. The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

4. Dollhouse Of The Damned

5. AVP: Alien vs. Predator

6. Roanoke: The Cannibal Colony

7. From Dusk' Till Dawn

8. Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

2-7 are really incredible close to each other in scares and quality. It's a high 1 and a low 8.

Scarezones

1. Purge : Anarchy

2. Face Off

3. Masquerade

4. Bayou of Blood

• Like 1

Houses:

1. Halloween (No questions asked, one of the greatest houses I've ever been in)

2. Alien vs. Predator

3. Dollhouse of the Damned

4. From Dusk Till Dawn

5. Roanoke

6. Giggles and Gore

7. Walking Dead

8. Dracula Untold

Scarezones

1. Masquerade Unstitched

2. Bayou of Blood

3. The Purge

4. Faceoff

Houses:

1. AVP

2. DotD

3. Halloween

4. TWD:EotL

5. Giggles and Gore

6. Roanoke: Cannibal Colony

7. From Dusk Til' Dawn

8. Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

Scarezones:

1. Bayou of Blood

2. The Purge

3. Masquerade Unstitched

4. Face Off: In The Flesh

• 2 weeks later...

Houses:

1. Halloween

2. Dollhouse of the Damned

3. The Walking Dead

4: Dracula Untold

5: Giggles and Gore

6. From Dusk Till Dawn

7. Alien vs Predator

8. Roanoke

Scarezones:

1. The Purge [sO good!!!!!!!!!!]

2. Blood on the Bayou [Wish I could of seen the show]

3: Face Off

4: MASKerade

Houses:

1a. AvP

1b. Halloween

3. Roanoke

4. Giggles

5 Dollhouse

6. Giggles

7. TWD

8. From Dusk til Dawn

Scarezones:

1. Bayou of Blood

2. Purge

3. Masquerade

4. Face Off

All of the houses were very well done this year! The scarezones were still lacking, but it was definitely a step in the right direction from the previous year.

Houses:

1. Giggles & Gore Inc.
  2. Halloween
  3. Dollhouse Of The Damned
  4. From Dusk 'Til Dawn
  5. Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
  6. The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  7. AVP: Alien VS Predator
  8. Dracula Untold: Reign Of Blood

Scare Zones:

1. MASKerade; Unstitched
  2. The Purge: Anarchy