HHN 24 Scareactor Appreciation Thread

figment1988

Had a great night last night, lots more interaction than usual.

Special kudos to Face Off for going from the most boring to the most interesting in one night. Much love to the tambourine girl who gave my cat a surname (now instead of just George it's "George Satan" lmao). You were highly entertaining. Even went as far as to try and feed my cat to the wolfman, though he was "too serious" lmao. Also much love to the scareactresses that stole my cat and chased each other around with it making cat and dog noises....that was epic....especially the one later on in the night that actually took the cat and scared guests with it and stated "There! Now your cat is officially a scareactor!" You, ma'am, totally made my night. I almost didn't come last night too, and I'm very happy that I did.

Also love to the other Face Off scareactors that messed with me after that and/or stole the cat.

<3 to the Bayou people for the interaction and scares.

<3 to the chick in the seat at the beginning of Giggles reaching for me and/or my cat...next time I'll get closer lol.

<3 to the Masquerade crew for seriously upping the ante and rocking a great zone. Several great scares I saw and even experienced...keep it up!

Purgers....you all were great but it was too crowded for much to really happen lol.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm typing this on the fly with only 2 hours of sleep and I have to get back to work lol. Looking forward to next time!

• Like 1

some acknowledgements from last Friday.

- AvP's Cast A predators who gave me and Duffy the "Michael Myers head tilt" upon seeing Duffy, as well as the USCM soldier in the incubation sector (since he was added last week).

- Face/Off's Gypsies who homed in on Duffy.

- Bayou of Blood's Mamba (a.k.a. the Voodoo Queen) who recognized me and said I was at the "Land of Marvel" earlier that day.

- Dr. Loomis at the end of Halloween who gave Duffy a stare (since he was dressed up as him).

- One of the clowns in Giggles and Gore who spotted Duffy and tried to "attack" him.

- Everyone at the purge including the chainsaw fox lady and the chainsaw wielding purger in the white mask.

• Like 1

some acknowledgements from last Friday.

- AvP's Cast A predators who gave me and Duffy the "Michael Myers head tilt" upon seeing Duffy, as well as the USCM soldier in the incubation sector (since he was added last week).

- Face/Off's Gypsies who homed in on Duffy.

- Bayou of Blood's Mamba (a.k.a. the Voodoo Queen) who recognized me and said I was at the "Land of Marvel" earlier that day.

- Dr. Loomis at the end of Halloween who gave Duffy a stare (since he was dressed up as him).

- One of the clowns in Giggles and Gore who spotted Duffy and tried to "attack" him.

- Everyone at the purge including the chainsaw fox lady and the chainsaw wielding purger in the white mask.

You bring a Duffy to HHN? Not trying to judge or anything I'm more curious on how Security feels about putting that in the bowl xD

Off the bat, I have to give kudos to the Turkish Soldier in Dracula to whispered "Right Here" when I instinctively turned away from him. Scott from Dusk Till Dawn was good, as well as Chainsaw Kate and the vamps in the curtains at the beginning. The clown at the beginning of Giggles who when I questioned what he was doing, simply shrugged. The entire cast of Dollhouse. The trick or treaters in Halloween, as well as the Myers combo at the beginning. That one guy in Bayou who used advantage of me being blinded by the light. The first movie mask guy who followed me for about a minute in The Purge. Also there, though I don't know if this counts, the Universal cameraguy who decided to lunge at me after the former. XD

I know this was quite a while back, but would you remember roundabouts what time you made it through Halloween? I'd like to pass the love onto the cast members.

I don't worry about the bowl since I often use Stay and Scream.

Returning to the topic at hand, here's some shout-outs from yesterday (10/19)

* At Face/off, the women in with the dead animals who targeted Duffy, along the colleague of Axe Girlfriend who has the bucket

* One of the girls from Bayou of Blood who remembered Duffy when he was in purge mode a few weeks back and said that she liked him when he had his Nunchakus (which were part of his Purge setup).

* At Roanoke, they were doing the cast change, and the judge from the penultimate room who noticed me (and my Nemo hat), Duffy, and Pal Mickey, and called me and my scareactor targets as "sinners".

* At Dollhouse of the Damned, one of the last "baby dolls" who took a swipe at the Nemo hat, and the amputating doctor who spotted Duffy.

* One of the usher characters at RHPS who noticed Duffy doing the time warp.

* Everyone at The Purge who spotted Duffy and my Nemo hat..

Wow, what an awesome night last night!

Face Off continues to go up on my list. <3 to the Gypsy Girl, Pig-Head-Girl, the bald-cat-girl, the red-beard-dude with the bucket, the pirate dudes, and the sandbag-head-dudes. Other than you guys seriously needing stage names, I'm in love with this zone now. Also, much <3 to the guys at the beginning of Face Off (the side farthest from Mel's/ Bayou) for tag teaming me. The one girl who stared at me and made eye contact, as the other snuck up behind me and made that creepy as all hell inhuman noise. I may or may not have shoved my shoulder into your chin, whoever you are...so sorry about that if I did! You guys were great, that was a pretty damn good scare.

<3 to my favorite wheelchair scareactor in Purge. You targetted me multiple times, and seriously had me thinking you were going to plow right over me! <3 to the other Purge people that actually got a scare out of me.

<3 to the chick in Bayou who loves playing with the cat.

Houses....

FINALLY I ran into "The Jock" in TWD, toward the last of the house. You were awesome! Also, <3 to your co-person for shouting "The Vault Is Dead." I love it when zombies speak to me lol. I'm glad that you were there on the final runthrough of the house, totally made the night for me.

<3 to the statue scareactor in Dracula that stole my cat then threw him back at me. I would've let you keep him if I thought you could get him back to me (Some scareactors love to take it backstage then make it "appear" in another room). I definitely wasn't expecting that...now I need to do Dracula more often! <3 to the rest of the Drac crew for seriously making the house rock. Feels like the fog was upped a good bit too. Also, <3 to the vampire that was either trying to make eating motions at my shirt or my cat....either way, it was creepy, effective, and awesome.

<3 to the Giggles crew! You guys are freaking amazing! <3 to the doctor at the beginning for trying to give the cat to who I'm thinking was the same girl that tried getting him last week, but then just giving a simple "Oh well!" <3 to the mirror scareactor for making it look like you hung yourself. That was pretty epic, I was almost scared for real for a second there. <3 to the guy hiding behind the barrels that shook your head "no" at me and gave me a "vault is dead" callout. Similarly, much love to the "discarded" clown that continuously pointed at my shirt. I feel like there's more to add with this house, but I've already forgotten. Sleep deprivation will do that to a person!

Halloween crew....<3 for being awesome as usual.

<3 to Roanoke crew for making the house seriously much better than it was opening night. You guys have come a very long way.

And finally, <3 to the Dollhouse crew, and to my new favorite Teddy Bear that "wants my stuffed cat on his wall" haha. You are awesome, as well as your fireplace counterpart. I think close to the final night I might just bring some duct tape for my cat to temporarily be on the wall! I think that this house provided a lot of missed opportunity for another stuffed animal fad. Oh well, I like being one of the few that comes with a stuffed animal. Also <3 to the amputating doctor who came out around and targeted me/the cat.

I'm 100% certain that I missed a few people, so my apologies. Hopefully my memory is better for these final nights!

• Like 1

Giggles & Gore: Thank you to the awesome surgical clown in the first room for fist pumping me!

The Purge: "Young Ghoul Face?" The actor with the cross on his head and the striped jacket, thanks for watching me and my friend leave without us knowing then running up to us and saying "Leaving so soon?" and shaking our hands.

Roanoke: Pilgrim in the room by himself that says stuff to everyone who walks by, thanks for scaring the hell out my friend by telling her that the devil is in her mouth.

This past Friday night....<3 to my favorite Face Off peeps, the guy in Giggles that stole George, everyone in Dollhouse for being exceedingly awesome but especially the Bears, the totally awesome purgers, the chick in the bayou that "fed " my cat a fake mouse (you made my night!)and <3 to the ones I've forgotten about!

This year turned out pretty good. Here's to making the last few nights awesome!

• Like 1

I would like to thank the actor in Dracula who got right in my face and booped me on the nose with his dagger. I'm not sure if you meant to but that was hilarious and made my night :P

An actress in Bayou of Blood did this to both my wife and I on separate nights at different times. It was the same actress both times so major props to her.

My memory is a bit foggy after going to hhn last week, but I could have sworn that a vampire from dusk till dawn popped out, got up in my face and said "hey how's it going?" lol... Also, in dracula while I was looking in another direction, I heard a scare actor make my friend scream and hold onto me, and by the time I turned around I realized he followed us for a bit and made me jump as well. Before that a guy was pretending to stab us, but I didn't notice him until someone mentioned it to me. This was also my first year at hhn and it was pretty fun. :)

I'm definitely going to miss a few things. Whew, what a night.

So, much <3 to the Face Off crew. The sandbag head guy, whoever you are, the cloaked guys at the beginning of the zone, the redhead with the bucket, the drunk pirate, Travis the Pirate, Estacia, Karloff the Cruel, the witches and pig-head-girl (though pig-head-girl wasn't there tonight :( ), and pretty much everyone. Face-Off went from a very boring zone to a very interesting one.

<3 to my masquerade peeps, especially the one guy who chased a gaggle of girls while screaming at the top of your lungs. You were great.

<3 to the Bayou peeps, especially the girl that always "feeds" George.

<3 to the Purgewrs, and good ol' King for really catching me off guard after I Got out of the Legendary Truth experience.

Houses....

Drac: <3 to the ones who stabbed at me and/or the cat.

FDTD: "RAMBLERS, LET'S GET RAMBLIN'!" best thing I've heard in my life in a house. Yes, I know it's a direct quote from the movie, but it cracked me up nonetheless. I also have to say that you guys really upped the ante, and are a hell of a lot more energetic than day 1.

Giggles: HO-LEE-SHIT. You guys seriously turned it up to 11 tonight. FAR more energy than usual, and way more aggressive. First off, <3 to the clown at the beginning for pulling up your victim and making her do things for the line. You were freaking amazing. Seriously, your interaction is some of the best I've encountered in a house, at least once we've initiated it. <3 to April, thank you so much for the gift...I'll treat it as a toy for George haha. <3 to my glasses-clown who I finally learned the identity of! <3 to the mirror clown, your interaction is always fun too. <3 to all of the discarded for actually becoming scary for once! The hallway discarded was especially fun for reaching across the barrier at me.

Halloween: <3 to the Michael that reached for my cat.

Dollhouse: You guys are awesome. <3 to my favorite bear, and the priceless reaction he gave when I gave him a picture of George. It totally made my night when I actually got to meet the bear in plain clothes on the way out of the park! Dollhouse is definitely toward the top of my list. <3 to the man-baby....MAMA! <3 to the "doctor" girl that always likes to get in my face.

Well that's all I could remember for now. I am very sleep deprived, and am supposed to leave for work in about 2 hours haha....so I'm sorry for those of you that I forgot.

It was a hell of a year! I'm considering calling out of work just to get one more night, but if I don't well then it was a great final night, and a good end to another great year.

• Like 1

First off thank you to ALL of the actors who made the event so great this year!

Streets

Maskerade: Brooke you were amazing in Maskerade! It was always a great time watching you throughout the zone and I got some awesome pictures too! For the actor with the wooden stake and the ribbon. You were my favorite actor in that zone. You were always full of energy and got some pretty amazing scares.

Face-Off: I don't know their name but for the girl with the tambourine that recognized me each time I was there on the 26th thank you for personalizing the zone for me! Also the scareactors with the maid you did a great job freaking out my friend "kitty" that night!

The Purge: Damian it is always great watching you. You are always full of energy!

Bayou: The voodoo queen was always fun to talk to in the zone. One day we will get the sacrifice back!

Houses

Dollhouse of the Damned: The final cast on the final night was great! To the actor that "makes" the doll "pretty" you were always fun to watch and it was great having you recognize me when I go through. The ballerina you were my one of the best actors in all of the event! Even when I knew you were there you would still get a scare out of me which many people can not do! The actors that are wrapped up in the wall with the doll also one of the best this year. Opening weekend you made my friend practically jump out of her wheelchair!

Giggles & Gore: First off BIG shout out to April! You always made my experience going through unique. Now time for every other actor that closed the event in Giggles. The man operating and the girl thank you for a great entrance to the house! I am glad you two got to see the Giggles & Gore shirt I made! April and your friend down the hallway you two definitely made the last few run through amazing even more so when you gave the other actor my name! To the clowns behind the mirror. You two "both casts stayed" were amazing! the balloon with the light inside added so much to the last few runs. Glad you two got to see the shirt too! The tall clown in the grinder room thanks for the high fives! You also had such a great scare to the guy in front of me to the point he was on the ground! The clown in the shelf room you did such a great job! I loved you tell a group to shut their mouths as they went through the house. The female clown in the overalls I loved you! Thank you for making the house a great experience for me! Not sure what you are called in the house but all of the gray clowns. I loved all of your scares last night you did great <3. The final room for both clown I loved going though there! Especially the clown with the maracas You were one of my favorites through out the house you always got me to smile going through. The chainsaw clowns were both great! I loved I think it was cast A who went inside the mirror room waiting for a hug not only did I get one there but got a 2nd one in line! Sorry if I missed anyone in the house but ALL of you made that house not only my favorite this year but one of my favorites of all time!

To all the other houses. I may not have had a completely unique experience going through but I loved all of your performances! I can not wait to see some of you scare in the future!

Sorry for the late post....I had to work directly after closing night :(. And on that same note, I apologize ahead of time for the people I forget. My job is very soul sucking and I'm sure I forgot a few of the many awesome experiences last night.

Anyhow, thank you to all of the scareactors for making the event what it is. Yet again you all took what you were given and ran with it making the event into an amazing experience.

I tried to give a little note with a picture of my stuffed cat to all of my favorite scareactors, though some of them only printed the picture, and on top of that I ran out so I wasn't able to give one out to every single awesome scareactor that deserved one....but please know that if you got the picture without a note, it's basically saying that you made a lasting impression on me and that your'e one of my favorites.

Face Off: You guys are all simply amazing! <3 to the cloaked scareactors at the end opposite of Mel's, <3 to everyone working for the witch with the umbrella....especially to my favorite pig-head-girl, but the one with the rat and the one with the....idk what it was lol....were also very very awesome. It was fun having the cloaked guys "kiss" my cat with their skulls, and it was awesome seeing pig-head-girl with a piece of some prop in her mouth for most of the night. <3 to the gypsies, especially Stacia (I think I spelled it right that time!) aka the tambourine girl, <3 to all of the bag heads ( I really wish I could see your faces, I feel like I know you guys but I have no clue who any of you are!), <3 to the pirates especially the one that had the Johnny Depp walk DOWN, much <3 to Pirate Travis who hated me so much haha, <3 to the blonde female pirate that I'm pretty sure I recognize from a previous year for always getitng in my face, and <3 to the people in suits especially the redhead with the bucket.

You guys seriously made your zone amazing given that your only real appeal in the first place was the costumes. Thank you guys so much. My favorite part about closing night was that several of you had your makeup done so you were progressively "aging" as the night went on. I loved hearing "Hurry back! I'm aging so fast...." and seeing my favorite redhead scareactor with a gray beard really was interesting and quite awesome. It made me remember the 7 zone where the characters changed throughout the night. You guys were fantastic, and are my #1 Scarezone. I feel like if you all were given more to work with, you'd have won out over Purge.

Masquerade: You guys also are quite awesome. You all went from creepy but fun to watch to quite aggressive and intense. <3 to the meowers, and the ones that pet my cat. <3 to the one male who was dancing on a guest....not ballroomy type dancing mind you, but some kind of weird modern dance haha. That was one of the funniest things I've seen. Much <3 to all of you, especially the ones that got a jump out of me.

Bayou: You guys are quite awesome too, though definitely lacking in resources for scares. If you all had better props and opportunities for scares, I feel like this zone could've been a whole lot better. Much <3 to the girl who always "fed" my cat with the mouse, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you one of my pictures! <3 to the stiltwalkers for being quite awesome. Of course <3 to the Voodoo queen, who actually did bring back the sacrifice for that night with an awesomely hilarious improv sacrifice routine where she recited the script from the original show (at least as much as I can remember) and "slit" the throat of an actor who did a perfect roll right onto his back. <3 to the one dude with the wood book that got a decent scare out of my friend and I.

Purge: HO-LEE-SHIT. You guys rocked last night. For most of the event I was hardly ever targeted in this zone, except for a few awesome chance encounters. However, last night I got a LOT of attention. Now, to be fair, I did have my friend with me who's a very short girl that looks easy to scare, so maybe that's what made the difference. Anyhow, much <3 to the blonde chainsaw chick that sought me out, MUCH <3 to the chainsaw dude with the green mask that started walking side by side with me, carried on a casual conversation, and the proceded to scaring again....THAT was amazing. <3 to Armando, <3 to the announcer chick for talking with us, <3 to the various knife wielders and other chainsaw people that came at me....I remember one of the fox-masks actually getting a jump out of me. Chainsaws always make me jump, and that was my first street chainsaw scare for the entire event.....and last but certainly not least <3 to Damien for being freaking amazing as usual. I'm almost 100% certain that I've forgotten someone from last night.

Now, houses

FDTD: I'm going to miss that barker at the front! MUCH <3 to the bat-person that stole George and popped him out the other boo-hole! I had no idea I knew one of you guys in this house....that was unexpected and awesome. <3 to Pigtails for hanging out in the open. And of course <3 to the ones that I'm forgetting!

TWD: All of the walkers behind the curtains for being super aggressive. That's a fantastic part of the house, and I love it. <3 to the strobe walkers in the forest area, especially "The Jock" who took George for one last time. All of the actors were great this year in this house, and they all went above and beyond what I expected of them.

Drac: <3 to the guys that always stab George, and <3 to the finale Drac that seems to always get me.

Giggles: <3 to the entire crew for being particularly awesome on the final night, and hell for the entire run. <3 to the opening clown and his girl yet again.....you guys are just simply awesome. <3 to April for being completely off the chain last night! Going pretty much nuts...it was hilarious. One last George-Stab. <3 to the mirror clowns that pet George, and gave one last wave. <3 to the super tall tophat clown that pet George for one last time. <3 to all of the discarded, especially the one that was leaning over the barrier to the hallway, all of the ones that pet the cat, <3 to Michaelz who gave me another one of the best moments of the nice by reciting word for word in the EXACT voice the line from The Mummy 'Are you insane? Get out of here! The curse is real! This whole place is a trap!" <3 to the shocker clowns as usual, and especially to the girl that shocked George....I've had the clown sitting on that spot shock my cat before, but I don't know if it's the same one....either way, you guys are freaking awesome. Last but not least, to the chainsaw clown simply for having "Free Hugs" written on your chest.

Roanoke: I went through this house earlier in the night, and managed to go through with nobody in front of or behind me other than my friend that was accompanying me. I have to say, the house was actually quite decent. It definitely is understaffed, I noticed MANY areas where there could've been scareactors that were just empty. When you're in a conga line it's harder to notice, but when you're by yourself and hypervigilant you notice all of the little spaces. It would've been a great house overall and would've gotten far better reviews had it had more staff in it. <3 to the guy who was eating the cloth from the ceiling, that was hilarious....<3 to the guys that were cooking for being particularly on point. <3 to the very aggressive boarded hallway scareactors, and <3 to the ever aggressive Wendigos.

Halloween: I've always liked this house, but never really got a whole lot of scares other than in the trick or treat section, till Halloween night and then last night. MUCH <3 to the Michael in the second room that did the normal e-prompt scare, then came out and began stabbing at my cat and sliced his throat. THAT was awesome and a pretty decent scare, simply because I was not expecting a scare outside of the e-prompt. Also <3 to the Michael close to the end that had a staring contest with me all the way out. You guys were great.

And lastly, Dollhouse: My favorite house, easily my #1. <3 to the entire cast last night, it felt like almost everybody pointed at me, pet my cat, gave me some sort of gesture....you guys are all fantastic, and that was probably one of my best runs through the house. There were people pointing at me or petting George that I didn't even know I knew! That was an amazing run through. Lots and lots of <3 to my favorite bear, the mummies, the chick that plays doctor, the camoflaged stuffed animal dude, the man babies and the giant baby, and the ballerinas, especially the one with the slit throat.

I didn't go through AVP on the last night.

So, that's it. Thank you everyone for an amazing year! I'm sorry for the ones that I forgot to mention. I had a blast this year, and had a great final night. I'm really looking forward to next year, and I hope that we give more power to our scareactors (less e-prompts, more opportunity for scareactor interaction), I hope that we can get more scareactors in the houses in general, and I hope that we can get rid of the dead space in the parks. Other than those things, the event was fantastic.

First off thank you to ALL of the actors who made the event so great this year!

Streets

Maskerade: Brooke you were amazing in Maskerade! It was always a great time watching you throughout the zone and I got some awesome pictures too! For the actor with the wooden stake and the ribbon. You were my favorite actor in that zone. You were always full of energy and got some pretty amazing scares.

Face-Off: I don't know their name but for the girl with the tambourine that recognized me each time I was there on the 26th thank you for personalizing the zone for me! Also the scareactors with the maid you did a great job freaking out my friend "kitty" that night!

The Purge: Damian it is always great watching you. You are always full of energy!

Bayou: The voodoo queen was always fun to talk to in the zone. One day we will get the sacrifice back!

Houses

Dollhouse of the Damned: The final cast on the final night was great! To the actor that "makes" the doll "pretty" you were always fun to watch and it was great having you recognize me when I go through. The ballerina you were my one of the best actors in all of the event! Even when I knew you were there you would still get a scare out of me which many people can not do! The actors that are wrapped up in the wall with the doll also one of the best this year. Opening weekend you made my friend practically jump out of her wheelchair!

Giggles & Gore: First off BIG shout out to April! You always made my experience going through unique. Now time for every other actor that closed the event in Giggles. The man operating and the girl thank you for a great entrance to the house! I am glad you two got to see the Giggles & Gore shirt I made! April and your friend down the hallway you two definitely made the last few run through amazing even more so when you gave the other actor my name! To the clowns behind the mirror. You two "both casts stayed" were amazing! the balloon with the light inside added so much to the last few runs. Glad you two got to see the shirt too! The tall clown in the grinder room thanks for the high fives! You also had such a great scare to the guy in front of me to the point he was on the ground! The clown in the shelf room you did such a great job! I loved you tell a group to shut their mouths as they went through the house. The female clown in the overalls I loved you! Thank you for making the house a great experience for me! Not sure what you are called in the house but all of the gray clowns. I loved all of your scares last night you did great <3. The final room for both clown I loved going though there! Especially the clown with the maracas You were one of my favorites through out the house you always got me to smile going through. The chainsaw clowns were both great! I loved I think it was cast A who went inside the mirror room waiting for a hug not only did I get one there but got a 2nd one in line! Sorry if I missed anyone in the house but ALL of you made that house not only my favorite this year but one of my favorites of all time!

To all the other houses. I may not have had a completely unique experience going through but I loved all of your performances! I can not wait to see some of you scare in the future!

Definitely forgot both the clown with the intestines and the jumper cable clowns. You guys always looked so amused with your props and the people going through the house. I definitely enjoyed watching you guys through out the house!

To all the scareactors this year, you all did a spectacular job, thanks for all the great and memorable interactions! Also a huge thank you to everyone who interacted with my wife ( the girl in the tardis hat), especially after she ended up with her arm in a sling for the second half of the run. You made her forget about the pain every night and were so sweet to carefully only scare her on the uninjured side-with one notable, chainsaw-wielding exception, who doesn't do "subtle" :). You are all exceptional performers, and genuinely wonderful human beings, who see this as so much more than just a job. Hope to see you all next year, and we'll do it all over again! Happy Purging!

Edited by Hawthorn
  • Like 1

Apologies for the late post, but here's my final shoutouts for this year from my final visit on Halloween Night.

* Walking Dead - One of the walkers on Cast A who popped up in the vines section.

* Roanoke - The Ceiling guy who tried to take a swipe at my sorcerer's hat

* Face Off - From Cast A, the gypsy chick and the Asian pirate guy for targeting Duffy, as well as the scarecrow guy who put some straw on Duffy. In Cast B, the dead animal head wielders, namely one who noticed I had Pal Mickey with me.

* Dusk Till Dawn - Chainsaw chick

* Giggles and Gore - One particular clown who shows up in two adjacent scenes who "stabbed" Duffy.

* RHPS - One of the female ushers who winked at Duffy and I.

and that's it.

One thing I forgot to mention was that in one previous week, I neglected to acknowledge the Purge's Cast for having Duffy win his first purge auction (he was dressed up as Bill from Bill and Ted, while wearing a luchador mask which was his "purge" mask, along with his TMNT katana and sai).