HHN 24 Scareactor Appreciation Thread

figment1988

Since it hasn't been put up yet, here's the thread to post shout-outs to various Scareactors for unique scares and their hard work.

With that said here's mine from yesterday (Opening Night).

*Over at DotD, one of the Cast A babies who gave me and Duffy an odd look.

*At Dusk Till Dawn the agent in the end who called out Duffy

*several scareactors from the purge who targeted Duffy and I

*over at TWD 3, one of the walkers beyond the store scene which targeted me because of Duffy.

Off the bat, I have to give kudos to the Turkish Soldier in Dracula to whispered "Right Here" when I instinctively turned away from him. Scott from Dusk Till Dawn was good, as well as Chainsaw Kate and the vamps in the curtains at the beginning. The clown at the beginning of Giggles who when I questioned what he was doing, simply shrugged. The entire cast of Dollhouse. The trick or treaters in Halloween, as well as the Myers combo at the beginning. That one guy in Bayou who used advantage of me being blinded by the light. The first movie mask guy who followed me for about a minute in The Purge. Also there, though I don't know if this counts, the Universal cameraguy who decided to lunge at me after the former. XD

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

Around 6:45 Opening Night in the Roanoke house, someone asked our group "Did you put the Devil in your mouth?" and that gave us quite a laugh. In Dollhouse of the Damned 20 minutes later, I'd like to appreciate the ballerina lurking right behind the curtain the lines go through, and the Burlap-scarecrow-fabric thing that got me real good.

Let's see. Every walker disguised in the bush walls. The shower walkers who double teamed me. The one Terminus resident with a knife. The guy being burned alive in Roanoke (the only scare I got in that house.). The girl near the Beast in Face-Off who banged the things together who literally chased me across the street. The pirates in Face-Off who triple-teamed me. The Teddy Ruxpin in Dollhouse, as well as the high-chair guy. The fox mask with the knife in the Purge. The auctioneer for letting me get a photo with her and then telling me to have a "Happy Purging"!

Here we go:

Dude with arrows in him in TWD who waited for my family to discuss who Daryl Dixon was until the last person (me) walked by to scare the s*** out of

Every disembodied person in Roanoke- amazing scares

The Michaels were very quick and in-your-face

Every single person in Dollhouse. Amazing acting, very creepy!

People who stayed in the scare zones, because that rain must've been hard in them

BIGGEST shout-out to one ballerina in Dollhouse, when she wasn't scaring anybody, or "off stage", I guess you would say, I looked to where she would pop out, and she wasn't just standing idly by; she was standing in a very still ballerina pose, one leg up and everything. I thought that was a super cool little thing to do, even if most people wouldn't notice her back there. That alone tipped the scales for Dollhouse overpowering Halloween as my favorite house.

One actor in particular I would like to give props to. In Dollhouse, I'm sure he's in cast A of B. I hit the house around 8 opening night. At the end of the crib room, there was a guy in a high chair and he was the happiest man baby I've ever seen. He gooed in my face before using that effect and spitting up on me. Then giggled. All of this happened as he looked me in the eyes. That made this house for me. I was talking about that all night. The dedication was above and beyond. I commend that man

• Like 2

I'm liking this year...well, when I'm actually somewhere where there are scareactors. Jeesh, the dead space is as bad as it usually is. Anyhow, mad props to Maskerade for their performance tonight. On opening night, it seemed like you all were just prancing about. I enjoyed it, and loved the ambience to it, but there really weren't many scares. THEN tonight, my whole perspective of that zone changed. I especially love the girl who meowed at me (I still carry around my stuffed cat from Cats n' Combs) and the dude who literally just stopped and would look at me, then the cat, and then back again. Made my night. Several actors actually got me in this zone.

Bayou...The one guy at the entrance of the walkway, closer to the cabin, you got me really good. Pretending to pose for a picture with some other random people, and them BOOM. Probably best street scare of the night.

Face Off....Thumbs up to the scarecrow guy who kept singling me out, and used his sickle on my cat.

Off of the top of my sleep-deprived head, I cannot think of any more street shoutouts.

As for the houses...I'll definitely forget to mention a few great moments. In Dracula, the "I miss the Vault!" guy made my night. Only verbal recognition of my shirt so far this year...I used to get a lot of "The Vault is dead" but not even that much anymore :(.

Roanoke really upped the ante. I think I got a shirt point from the lady eating a corpse, but I couldn't be too certain. Kudos for Roanoke for actually adding more energy to the house and making it more enjoyable. Opening night it was very bland.

Giggles....thanks to our own April for distracting me while I got a scare that made me throw myself into a wall!

Dollhouse....oh Dollhouse. Fantastically creepy house, very reminiscent of Nightshade toy factory at HoS which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kudos to the entire cast.

Well, that's everything off the top of my head. Looking forward to next time! Now to get a whole 3.5 hours of sleep for my 16 hour shift!

shout outs for 9/26:

*Over at Roanoke, the ceiling cannibal, and the judge guy who said that "I had the devil on my head" (in reference to my Duffy Mickey Ears).

*Walking Dead's strobe sector (the one following the Big Spot) which had one walker point out at Duffy.

*Some of the purgers who targeted me and Duffy. As well as one of the white gown women who complimented Duffy who was dressed as a purger (which was basically an outfit with a hoodie, and the Shredder helmet which is from his Shredder outfit), as well as his mini nunchakus.

* Dracula Untold which had one of the dagger users point his dagger at Duffy.

Shoutouts from 9/25

• Dollhouse: The first crib on the left baby got me so good when I was distracted by the other one on the right. Best scare of the night.
  • Giggles: The first female clown with the hanging body, had really good interaction.
  • From Dusk til Dawn: The facade character was probably the most hilarious actor I had experienced at HHN. He was tormenting the couple in front of us and I couldn't stop laughing. Really made the house for me.
  • MASKerade: The Blonde girl without stilts closest to the Shrek exit was awesome. Went through the zone about three times and each time we have a good interaction/moment.

Dollhouse: Anyone in the ballerina room. Both times I went through I definitely felt like this was the most intense part of the house.

Halloween: All the Michaels, but especially the one behind the sheet and the one who sticks his hand through the wall towards the end.

Also, the girl in the car.

Giggle: The clown behind the mirror. Got me with the mirror gag, then again when I turned the corner.

FDTD: Anyone in the finale. When I went through it felt so fast paced and energetic. Awesome job.

Roanoke: The dude with no head got me good.

Dollhouse: Ballerina as soon as you enter. Scareactor(s) of the Year. Please don't leave. Ever.

Roanoke: Wendingo Man. So high in the sky.

Halloween: Kitchen Myers. So fierce.

Giggles and Gore: Clown behind the mirror. You zinged me good last Sunday.

Dusk til Dawn: Chainsaw lady. My sweet Caroline.

Tonight was quite decent...highlights include:

Girl in purge petting George (the stuffed cat)

Masquerade people, lady who followed then got me right at the end of the zone

Face off,the one guy at tge beginning grabbing george, totally awesome bag head dude actually getting a scare out of me right as I was walking out of the zone

FDTD: the guy in the suit close to the end shouting "keep it moving keep it moving THE VAULT IS DEAD keep it moving!"

shoutouts from yesterday (10/3/14)

*FDTD: The bar guy at the first scene who noticed my Nemo hat, as well as Duffy and guaranteed I was going to have a good time, only to give me the quick "weirdo" comment, and the agent guy near the end who kept saying "Get Duffy out of here quickly", and Caroline the chainsaw chick for quickly targeting me.

*TWD3: most of the walkers, especially in the strobe section. Not to mention one of the orange shirt crew members who noticed the hat and said "We found Nemo!"

*Face Off: The Gypsy lady who kept saying "Bye, Duffy. You're going to die!"

The actor in this zone with the black combat gear, green mask, and chainsaw deserves a raise. He was leaping in the air with chainsaw in hand and landing right in front of people, scaring the living hell out of them. He was getting some of the best scares I've EVER seen in a zone. Well done sir!

• Like 1

So many great actors!

Roanoke: The skinless dude that jumped through the wooden wall and told me "YOU SMELL LIKE SKIN!" lol

FDTD: The barker in front of the facade! Made me laugh a lot.

The Purge: Not sure if you guys noticed her, but there was a non-purger actress. She had some blood on her and she would run around, hiding from the other purgers, trying to survive. She was a great actress, and I actually thought she was a person who was just scared shitless. She actually ran up to me and told me to help her. I got it on video.

The Purge: Also in the purge, the amazing purger with the green mask who would full on jump in the air at people with his chainsaw. Got me a bunch of times.

Maskerade: The dude with the gold mask who was holding a candle and would go up to peopleand shout "candle!!!"

Bayou Of Blood: The voodoo queen. She seriously deserves SAoTY! I had an entire converstaion with her and she never EVER gets out of character. She's funny, smart, and deadly. All around an AMAZING actress!

• Like 1

On Sunday night in the Purge scarezone. There was a guy with a chainsaw and when I turned around to see what my friends wanted to do. All i see is this guy jumping in between me and the group in front of me. Scared the shit out of everyone involved. Almost made the old guy have a heart attack in front of me xD

In Dollhouse: Bear dude pointing at my stuffed cat and comparing it to a stuffed animal on the wall....and in the process setting me up for a great non-e-prompt scare from the bear in the fireplace.

TWD: Jail walker snatching my stuffed cat, or at least trying

Bayou: scareactress interacting with my cat...petting him and saying something and running off (sorry memory is foggy!)

Vaulter sign from the lady eating the guy in Roanoke

Purge chainsaw dude with the white mask toward the beginning if the night...<3 for getting right in my face lom

Drac: Vampire dude stabbing at George

Giggles: April stabbing George and being overall awesome, and mad kudos to the clown at the beginning for being hilarious and creepy all at once.

Halloween: Michael myers after end of the house...the last few times doing the house I never saw him hiding in the bushes. Mad props for giving me the best scare of the night.

Last Sunday (10/5), I received the best scare in years while in Dracula Untold (Orlando). I love the check out the house details and have fun immersing myself in the property. During the first half of the maze, the scareactor playing Vlad/Dracula popped out in front of me while I was looking in a different direction and he actually scared me to the point I had a chill down my spine! I was impressed with how ominous he appeared, the costume was impressive, and he made some kind metallic sound as he bared his fangs. He even looked like Luke Evans. Give this man some kind of award! Edited by AsylumSB

Haha, yeah I was taking a friend to the event for her first time....usually George is in my right hand, so she totally threw me off that night by putting a death grip on my right arm. You definitely gave us both a jump lol. I knew I recognized your face in there! And every time I come across the impaled walker scene I think of you lol.

• Like 1

Saturday night (10/11)-Sunday morning (10/12) around 1:55am in Giggles and Gore a huge shout out and thank you to the clown in the blue with the really tall hat that followed my fiance out of your room and whispered "I'm right behind you". Best scare for her and best laugh for me. Much appreciation! Same house, same time, clown that came out of the wall and completely blocked the turn and froze my sister, awesome

• Like 1

I gotta show some appreciation for Candleman in Maskerade. I've seen him several times before, and I've always found him entertaining but last night took the cake. I was walking through Maskerade, and I saw him walk by. I casually say "Hey look its Candleman!" and he turns right around, and says "THATS ME!" as excited as possible. It was fantastic. Bravo, Candleman.