Front of the Line Pass in September

I don't think you'll need the passes on Thursdays or Fridays, but weekends are pretty crowded. That's been my experience thus far, and I've been able to get into every house. Just pay attention to where most of the crowd is, and avoid it if possible, and you'll be fine!

Note: I do go to Uni Orl, but the patterns of the public should be very similar between parks. I am not at all sure how the terror tram works, however, so I can't say anything about that :T

Edited by duh1011

I mean, it might differ depending on location, but Fridays are very, very calm at Orlando during Sept., with lines maxing at "30" minutes long (meaning 15-20 mins). I expect it to be very similar at Hollywood though, since people are still people, no matter the state

Edited by duh1011

How have the crowds been? I am still going friday.

The crowds were pretty heavy. But that was for opening weekend so I'm not sure how they will be next weekend. But if you are able to get an express pass I would highly recommend you get one. The longest I waited with an express was 20 mins and that was for TWD.

I gotta tell ya, I went Saturday Sept 20th...with a positive attitude that perhaps, since Halloween is a whole 40+ days away, maybe the crowds would be lighter....WRONG!

And even WITH AP early entry, I managed to eek out all 8 houses & B&T (no way could do Rocky Horror), but it wasn't the funnest experience considering at one point I had to run across the park to do the 10pm B&T, then walk back to the front of the park to do the last 2 houses, Walking Dead and AVP (AVP had gone "down" earlier in the night and we literally WASTED 45 minutes on line smack in the middle of the event....really ruined the mood for my party that night).

I'm heavily considering doing an express pass next year, if I can upgrade to Premier passes and get the HHN tix for free...I buy for 4, so can't flat out afford 4 tickets AND 4 express passes....but if you can do it, DO IT!!!

Ahh damn, the only reason Im going september is for lighter crowds..can't afford a express pass. I just really want to do AvP, Dollhouse, and the clown house. Don't really care about the others. I am hoping to at least do those three and I'll be happy, along with the Mummy ride!

The crowds were pretty heavy. But that was for opening weekend so I'm not sure how they will be next weekend. But if you are able to get an express pass I would highly recommend you get one. The longest I waited with an express was 20 mins and that was for TWD.

Busch Gardens opening weekend is this weekend...so hopefully that will attract most of universals crowds

Ahh damn, the only reason Im going september is for lighter crowds..can't afford a express pass. I just really want to do AvP, Dollhouse, and the clown house. Don't really care about the others. I am hoping to at least do those three and I'll be happy, along with the Mummy ride!

Busch Gardens opening weekend is this weekend...so hopefully that will attract most of universals crowds

The Mummy is never a long wait so that won't be an issue lol I would do AvP, Giggles, then Dollhouse. AvP is always going to be a long wait. Wear good shoes :P

Never have I seen such lines. Opening night I did all the houses but just barely... and when I say just barely I mean I made it to G&G with them cutting the line off 10 people after me. I had to sprint for FDTD just to make it. That is with the AP party, in a constant rain, seeing no scarezones or shows, and no food or bathroom breaks.

It's like the AP party is filled with every single AP in existence. You should be able to comfortably do every house by about 9 with the AP party... not anymore. Every night the event has been open so far the waits have been well up over 60 min most of the night.

And everyone is talking about Express pass... Which burns my butt even more. It should not be the norm to have to add $60.00 to an already expensive ticket. Plus when everyone does Express Pass... nobody does express pass... all you have is $60.00 extra gets you a normal line and the other people get shafted. With Universal getting 60 extra dollars a head and laughing all the way. I refuse to line Universal's coffers anymore than I have to... greedy pigs.

I waited in line for AVP 75 min. Not that the line was that long... But because they were letting the normal line in 5 to every 25 express passers.... and they just kept comming.

• Like 1

Yeah, I always thought that the point of having an express pass was just to have a second line that functions basically like the first, but you have to pay to get inti that line, essentially making it shorter. I got mad during the Halloween wait when they flooded the house with express pass-users, and us normal people had to wait five minutes just to get a MAX of twenty people to go. I feel like the sign outside saying "90 minutes" would have been accurate if the Express line moved the way it should have.

Never have I seen such lines. Opening night I did all the houses but just barely... and when I say just barely I mean I made it to G&G with them cutting the line off 10 people after me. I had to sprint for FDTD just to make it. That is with the AP party, in a constant rain, seeing no scarezones or shows, and no food or bathroom breaks.

It's like the AP party is filled with every single AP in existence. You should be able to comfortably do every house by about 9 with the AP party... not anymore. Every night the event has been open so far the waits have been well up over 60 min most of the night.

And everyone is talking about Express pass... Which burns my butt even more. It should not be the norm to have to add $60.00 to an already expensive ticket. Plus when everyone does Express Pass... nobody does express pass... all you have is $60.00 extra gets you a normal line and the other people get shafted. With Universal getting 60 extra dollars a head and laughing all the way. I refuse to line Universal's coffers anymore than I have to... greedy pigs.

I waited in line for AVP 75 min. Not that the line was that long... But because they were letting the normal line in 5 to every 25 express passers.... and they just kept comming.

You're talking about Express like its the devil. Its not too bad when you add it to a Frequent Fear or Rush of Fear. I went 2 nights with my FF w/ Express and already got my money's worth. A regular FF is 80 bucks. Adding express makes it 180. That's 100 dollars for 16 nights of express. People going one night are getting shafted if they get express.

You're talking about Express like its the devil. Its not too bad when you add it to a Frequent Fear or Rush of Fear. I went 2 nights with my FF w/ Express and already got my money's worth. A regular FF is 80 bucks. Adding express makes it 180. That's 100 dollars for 16 nights of express. People going one night are getting shafted if they get express.

It is the devil... Seriously it's in "A Field Guide to Demons, Fairies, Fallen Angels and Other Subversive Spirits".... well not THE devil... but A devil... um... anyway

You talk about it like it is a perfectly acceptable thing to have to pay more than my actual ticket costs to ensure I see the event and enjoy it.

• Like 1

It is the devil... You talk about it like it is a perfectly acceptable thing to have to pay more than my actual ticket costs to ensure I see the event and enjoy it.

Are you saying that they should take out express all together? I get express clogs up the lines and line waits wouldn't be that bad. But I would rather pay the extra money than stand for hour to go into a house. Personal preference I guess.

I personally think that a second, "exclusive" line is needed, but they treat that line like royalty. It's horrible for those of us peasants who can't afford it, because they let a lot of them into the house, then a couple of us, and repeat. Normal line takes longer than it should because they don't treat the express line the way it should be treated; as a SECOND LINE, not more. If both lines let people out in a 1:1 ratio, both lines would still go fast, and us normal line folk don't have to wait forever.

It's a double edged sword. I feel entitled to enjoy the event because I paid for it. Otherwise why go? They feel entitled to step on me, push me aside and do the houses whenever they feel like it because they paid double what I did. What's really bad? they weren't even scanning the express opening night. Anyone could just keep using their passes over and over. While the standby line sat in the rain for 75 min. I have to think this was intentional even if they refuse to admit it. What better way to get people to upgrade when you see people constantly going in why you sit there? I even heard them say towards the end of the night:

"Just let as many EP through as you can because it's getting late". Why? they weren't scanning. So it isn't like the EP had to hurry and use them. They could keep using them.

I get that if there is an "extra" option people will always take it.. because they want to feel privlidged. I just think they should still have it but treat it as just a second line. By that method, sure they have to wait longer. But it's fair. Of course UO will never see it that way. Allowing me to have a good time means longer waits for EP and shorter waits for the cheap tickets... which means the artifical demand for EP they have so carfeully created would be completely destroyed and they wouldn't be making the rediculous profits they are on EP.

It seems like no matter what is done. The other two parties are being hurt by it. Cutting out express and people with express and Universal get screwed. If it goes evenly Universal and express holders are again screwed for having to wait longer and demand for express goes down like JDW said. Also keeping things the same the majority of people are affected.

As someone who flies across the country to visit for a night or two, Express Pass is invaluable to me. The real problem is how much they oversell it. If I were in charge, I'd put a low cap on the number of passes sold, raise the price even more, and allow them to be used all night - not just one entry per house. That way Universal gets to still make a good profit, people who can afford it get a true VIP experience, and the EP lines remain small. Hollywood puts a seriously low cap on their two-tiered EP, and even when the park is packed, the EP lines are only a couple of minutes.

• Like 1