Long time fan of HHN I am going in september instead of october. Question.

Alright, I have always been going on wednesdays and thursdays in October (mainly first week in october and towards end of october), however the crowds have been bad. Long lines and drunken idiots have slowly ruined it for me. Now, I really want to go this year and my friend and I are planning on going Friday the 26th of september. Do you think the crowds will be heavy? He can only do fridays and saturdays because of school. We can't really afford the fast pass for the houses. Sorry for my english, im not native english speaker!

Guest kiwisoup

That's one of the days I've gone the past two years and the crowds were not awful at all. The Saturday the day after though, they were almost unbearable...big difference in just one day!

Edited by kiwisoup

Hey... just do the stay and scream, hit one or two soundstage house then run...RUN over to the parade building then do the event counter clockwise, you shouldnt have any probiem. A lot of people would still kinda be getting off work so the crowds wont be that bad at first...

It has been confirmed with Universal that there will be no "Scream early" or "Stay and Scream" discounted tickets sold for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando this year, BUT if you buy a day ticket your HHN ticket is greatly discounted. PLUS there will still be a holding area in park

Alright, I have always been going on wednesdays and thursdays in October (mainly first week in october and towards end of october), however the crowds have been bad. Long lines and drunken idiots have slowly ruined it for me. Now, I really want to go this year and my friend and I are planning on going Friday the 26th of september. Do you think the crowds will be heavy? He can only do fridays and saturdays because of school. We can't really afford the fast pass for the houses. Sorry for my english, im not native english speaker!

If you had issues with the drunks on Wed/Thur in mid to late October...unfortunately you'll probably have the same issues earlier in the event. Crowds are smaller, but every single queue sells drinks and shots so people like me those who choose to drink will be doing so quite a bit :)

Having said that...in Sept the crowds should be a lot shorter. It won't be deserted by any streach of the imagination...but it will be less. Also, if you can stay until closing, the nightly "lines dying down in the less popular houses" starts a lot earlier. The Walking Dead might get a 90min wait...but some "lesser" houses will probably not get much above 30min at the max and usually be like 15min.

• Like 1

I'm actually going Sept 20th...and also taking advantage of early entry for Annual Passholders (but NO express passes), so I really got my *fingers crossed* I'm able to see ALL the houses + Bill & Ted with time to do the Halloween house again! :mmyers: Last year, we managed to do this (did the Llorana house again, which we personally LOVED and scared the crap out of my daughter both times we walked through). But even in September, the houses in the front studios manage to get up to 30-45 minute waits early on...very frustrating. My son really wanted to do AWIL again last year, but it wouldn't go below 45 minutes and we were pretty worn out. I guess that's the state of HHN in the 2000s. <_<

Edited by jorgito2001