The Compound Discussion

Gambit

Hell, I advertise HHN CONSTANTLY. Wherever we go (and we travel a lot), we often wear our HHN shirts.. and I get asked about it, and I explain how it's the best event in the country, blah, blah, blah. I wore my "Evil Dead" shirt to "Evil Dead: The Musical" in Chicago on Friday night, and I had no less than 10 people ask me where I got that shirt and after I told them where, they wanted to know more. I've often said that company should be paying me..

Same with me when I wear the AWIL shirt from this year :P

• Like 1

I used to. IDK I'm drawing back from it. Be it age, having a child, too busy, disgusted to a degree with the marketing changes, or all of the above. I'm just not as jazzed about recommneding HHN. Sure I go and I had a good time. Just something is missing now... I can't quite place the exact reason.

The Compound just doesn't interest me. It's a publicity stunt as has been said. I don't have the time nor the desire to spend trying to win stuff I never win anyway.

• Like 2

I hear you JDW. I prefer more overt marketing and interactivity with the HHN fans. I think they had really great sites the years of carnival of carnage and the storyteller. even the legions was somewhat decent even if the sites weren't that well designed. now it's just splash page stuff and needing to be into social media.

I think the thing missing is the BALL PIT. Please universal a ball pit would make me so happy :D

The whole sceen for that involved a fake elevator, then a slide into the ball pitt. It was a pulsed line and it was incredibly slow even by 2000's standards and guest volume. Sure it was cool. But can you imagine the horror of sliding into the ball pit after some drunk puked in it? Or even just 10K sweaty bodies before you... *shivers*