The Compound Discussion

Gambit

Transmission transcribed to the best of my ability:

"Can anyone out there hear us? If so, know that we are the Compound. Our mission is simple: Band together to live.

There is an unimaginable evil lurking on the horizon, waiting to erupt and consume us. When that happens you must be prepared, and you only have a few weeks to do so.

Inside the compound you'll find resources to prepare you for the horror that awaits. You will not survive on your own. You've been warned. Join us. Join the Compound."

• Like 1

Update:

Survivors must be worthy of survival. As part of our scouting expedition for the #HHNCompound Survivor Meet-Up, we are first seeking those willing to look fear in the face.

Your task… Submit a photo of the thing you fear the most on Instagram, tagging us at @HorrorNightsORL and using the hashtags #HHNCompound and #MyFear. We are searching for the bravest of the brave, the grittiest of the gritty, and the darkest of the dark.

Winners will gain entry for them and a guest to attend the #HHNCompound Survivor Meet-Up, to be held Saturday, September 27, 2014 at Universal Orlando Resort, from 2-6 PM.

Survivors attending the Meet-Up will need to adhere to the following regulations:

• To be eligible, Survivors must be 18 years old. The Survivor’s guest, however, does not have to be.
  • Survivors should dress as survivors dress: Normally. No costumes.
  • Meet-Up event check-in will begin 1-hour prior to the event starting. All attending Survivors will receive details for the check-in and event following confirmation of entry.
  • To prevent infiltration by the enemy, proper identification (a valid Photo I.D.) will be required upon check-in.
  • Should you gain entry to attend, you may not transfer your entry to another person.
  • All Survivors who gain entry will be notified on Monday, September 22, 2014

I'm confused...

So in order to attend this, you need to use Instagram and then participate in a meet-up? Is the meet-up a separate reward?

I'm not sure I have time for all that.

We can't enlist as a group of 3?

I believe you just use the map they tweet to accomplish missions and post the pics on Instagram/twitter and then they will let people know after this weekend who will be invited to the meet up that is next Saturday (a week from today). The meetup is a surprise for some of those who participate

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, any more on this? Seems like a bunch of b.s. really. It's a rather transparent ploy by Universal to get people to post HHN pics to Instagram, thereby getting free advertising. And where is the challenge in that? Has anyone here done this?

Our first weekend to visit Orlando is this week.. and I am just trying to plan our time properly. If this is all a crock of shit, I don't want to invest time into it.

Any help is appreciated.

Hell, I advertise HHN CONSTANTLY. Wherever we go (and we travel a lot), we often wear our HHN shirts.. and I get asked about it, and I explain how it's the best event in the country, blah, blah, blah. I wore my "Evil Dead" shirt to "Evil Dead: The Musical" in Chicago on Friday night, and I had no less than 10 people ask me where I got that shirt and after I told them where, they wanted to know more. I've often said that company should be paying me..

• Like 1

Behind the thrills posted a pretty cool update about the compound. Don't know about anyone else but I think that's a pretty cool prize and very clever marketing on uni's part. Plus it says more events to come. Man, I wish I could be there, this year looks epic!

http://behindthethrills.com/2014/09/universal-orlando-rolls-out-new-social-media-experience-with-hhncompound-at-halloween-horror-nights/

Edited by devildriven