Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Or maybe it means that house will be moving somewhere else?

Yep. It looks like that's what it meant. That house is on the move. And I wonder which one it was?

Teebin:"Yeah... it was good to go until it wasn't. Ever thus. Where? It is quite clever. Universal Clever."

Jungle Skip: "Yes. All I was told was "It'll be interesting, that's for sure". I'm on pins and needles."

Intrigue abounds!

Edited by Dr Morgus

If this AWiL rumor is try, I'm going to blow a gasket. It's a good thing I don't live down there, because if I did, I'd get a mob of people with torches and pitchforks and storm whoever's office is the one responsible for this foolishness. All I know is that the same people who were all bent out of shape about TWD better be more bent out of shape over this ridiculousness. 25 years of houses, an infinite number of potential original concepts, a never ending supply of ips to choose from and what do they do, they go with a house/property they did 2 years ago. A property that is definitely a classic, but I definitely wouldn't say it's popular with the younger crowds who from what I see make up for a very large portion of the patrons present. At least TWD made sense from a money grab point of view, this choice is nothing more than laziness on their part. So, as it stands now, we already have at least 2 properties that have been done returning in less than 2 years (AWiL and TWD). Unbelieveable!

Looking back on when they made the AWiL house, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how this was like a dream project and how happy everyone was to work on it. That was more than likely the reason why it came out the way it did. It came out great. They should have left it at that and at the very least waited 5 years or so if they really felt the need to bring it back. What new material are they going to use, American Werewolf in Paris? That movie was rubbish.

I was really hoping for the 25th Anniversary to be something special and this isn't the type of special I had in mind.

While I understand your frustration with returning houses, I think you're jumping the gun a bit. I have no doubt whatsoever that this year is going to mind-blowing. I really believe it. Knowing what passion these guys have to make this event what it is, they have to be really stoked for giving us a HUGE anniversary year. They aren't going to screw that up, and they sure aren't lazy. It's funny, I almost take personal offense when someone says that because in all the places I've traveled, and all the haunts I've been to, no one does it the way Universal does. Maybe some of you are spoiled because you live in Florida, and it's always been there for you - but I'll never forget my first year at HHN (2005), and how much my mind was blown.

Have I been known to bitch? You bet! The whole TWD thing had me wanting to kill myself (well, not really, but close). I never thought zombies were scary, and they were only mildly interesting if they could scare other people while I watched. But even people who are "scared of zombies" (f-ing ridiculous, imo), seemed to be bored stupid by third incarnation of this crap.

AWIL, on the other hand, was a fucking masterpiece. Sorry for the language, but I don't know how else to say it. I can tell you that in the ten years I've been to the event, that house is in my top 2. I loved it!! I couldn't get enough of it! I was breathless with how gorgeous those wolves were and how meticulous they were in getting all the scenes right. It was just AWESOME. I've said this before, but i'll repeat since it proves the point.. I cried like a baby on the last night of the event at the thought I'd never get to see that house again. Then, Hollywood got it last year, and we flew out to LA JUST FOR THAT HOUSE.. and it fucking sucked. There was NO COMPARISON to Orlando. I realize there are plenty of Murdy fans here, and I won't disparage your admiration, but I will tell you, having been someone who has experienced both coasts multiple times, the A&D boys in Orlando kick Murdy's ass.

So, if they want to bring back AWIL in whatever form they choose.. and this is actually happening.. I'm already dancing! I'm already crying with JOY! This actually would make up for the three years of tiresome zombie bullshit I've had to endure. All is forgiven. Blessed be the group that is A&D.

Carry on with your comments and thank you for letting me ramble.

• Like 3

AWIL, on the other hand, was a fucking masterpiece. Sorry for the language, but I don't know how else to say it. I can tell you that in the ten years I've been to the event, that house is in my top 2. I loved it!! I couldn't get enough of it! I was breathless with how gorgeous those wolves were and how meticulous they were in getting all the scenes right. It was just AWESOME. I've said this before, but i'll repeat since it proves the point.. I cried like a baby on the last night of the event at the thought I'd never get to see that house again. Then, Hollywood got it last year, and we flew out to LA JUST FOR THAT HOUSE.. and it fucking sucked. There was NO COMPARISON to Orlando. I realize there are plenty of Murdy fans here, and I won't disparage your admiration, but I will tell you, having been someone who has experienced both coasts multiple times, the A&D boys in Orlando kick Murdy's ass.

So dead-nuts on.

Hunny, I'm your LA based counterpart. 2004 was my first year in Orlando (blew me away), and AWIL is in my top 5. I mean Orlando's AWIL. Hollywood's was an utter disaster. Do you agree that the wolf puppets in Hollywood looked like they were having seizures? Same thing with AVP... And don't get me started on the difference in quality of the transformation scene. Murdy should have put AWIL in a soundstage or have skipped it until he could.

So, Orlando is rumored to do a different version of AWIL that's somehow still based on the same scenes? I don't get what that means. But whatever they do, it will be compared to a masterpiece...

• Like 1

I was thinking it could be a completely original werewolf themed house but reusing the wolf puppets. I also thought of the possibility of a new All Nite Die In, featuring AWIL and the puppets. I don't know. Like I said, they might just be reusing the house to save money on their extra house, and using the money elsewhere like scarezones... I want more than 4 scarezones this year. They have so much more room, give me 6 zones (hopefully the parade issues are taken care of). Hell, bring back the midway of the bizarre.... Just please, do something to really make this a real anniversary year, and not just the same IP centric, non themed year with a "25!" slapped on it....

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Maybe some of you are spoiled because you live in Florida, and it's always been there for you -

AWIL, on the other hand, was a fucking masterpiece. I was breathless with how gorgeous those wolves were and how meticulous they were in getting all the scenes right. It was just AWESOME. Then, Hollywood got it last year, and we flew out to LA JUST FOR THAT HOUSE.. and it fucking sucked.

Just a reminder... I live in MA, south of Boston. I've been making the journey down there each year since HHN 20. I've also been to attractions with much more impressive individual houses. I just really love the total package you get at HHN (houses, scare zones, shows, rides, drinks, weather).

AWiL was a masterpiece. It was a passion project for those involved, I think they even had help from John Landis himself. Who knows why AWiL sucked so bad in Hollywood when they already had the prototype for greatness in Orlando the year before, but this is partially why I'm concerned. They already took the best parts of the movie and did a superb job of it. Why do it again 2 years later? Supposedly it is going to be different. Well in that case, we'll be comparing a great house with this one and it more than likely won't be as good. How could it be? Is it even remotely possible it could be better? I seriously doubt it. Which begs two questions, 1: Why bother? and 2: Why not just redo the one from 2 years ago? If they decide to go with the one they already did, that's even more ridiculous in my opinion. While it was awesome, we just had it. They could wait at least another couple years. Why not do it over in Singapore? I still believe if they go with option 2 it's either laziness or cheapness on their part. I strongly believe option one however is only bound to be looked down upon though by those who also attended HHN 23. What new material is there to pull from? They used all the good stuff in the 1st version. God help us all if they used AWiP. No offense to fans of that film, but c'mon, it wasn't good (especially in comparison to AWiL).

• Like 1

To everyone saying that AWIL sucked at hollywood, no it didn't, you were just spoiled with Orlando's house. Also aside from the wolves, what else does Orlando's have over hollywood, I thought the nazi werewolves scene looked better over here. And ThN, don't say something sucked if you never went through it. Even though the only people who hated it went to orlando and saw it first

• Like 2

To everyone saying that AWIL sucked at hollywood, no it didn't, you were just spoiled with Orlando's house. Also aside from the wolves, what else does Orlando's have over hollywood, I thought the nazi werewolves scene looked better over here. And ThN, don't say something sucked if you never went through it. Even though the only people who hated it went to orlando and saw it first

I didn't say it sucked. I was commenting on what someone else said. Didn't you read the quotes above? The wolf transformation was better as well as the wolves (especially movement) here on this coast though, I watched on youtube and saw for myself.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Who knows why AWiL sucked so bad in Hollywood when they already had the prototype for greatness in Orlando the year before

Yea you did say it sucked, and I believe the wolf transformation scene wasn't better on either coast, they looked the same to me Edited by foodstampsFTW

Yea you did say it sucked, and I believe the wolf transformation scene wasn't better on either coast, they looked the same to me

This person wrote this....

I responded with, "Who knows why AWiL sucked so bad in Hollywood when they already had the prototype for greatness in Orlando the year before?".

Once again, I was not saying it sucked, only responding to what someone else who had seen both coasts said. This isn't very complicated. However, I have no idea how you can't tell the difference between the transformation scenes. One looks real and one looks anatomically incorrect and goofy. Take a look at youtube again at both versions and tell me they are the same.

But one thing is certain, Orlando's version was better. I've yet to hear 1 person disagree with that statement.

This is why it should be left at that and not redone (at least for a few years anyways).

The "Party" code name is old. I'm pretty sure everyone already assumed there was going to be a 25th Anniversary house/party kinda like the Sweet 16 celebration.

Any theories as to what Dr. Jimmy clue #15 is?( Run, Rabbit, Run)

Is it an original? Because if it isn't, maybe there is an outside chance whatever is it could also match a Hollywood clue (Rock Festival). The song White Rabbit was played by Jefferson Airplane at Woodstock and Monterey. Mike also put airplane in quotes a little ways back (Mar. 19th). Maybe it was another clue no one noticed?

Alice in Wonderland on both coasts? Or... Night of the Lepus?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So dead-nuts on.

Hunny, I'm your LA based counterpart. 2004 was my first year in Orlando (blew me away), and AWIL is in my top 5. I mean Orlando's AWIL. Hollywood's was an utter disaster. Do you agree that the wolf puppets in Hollywood looked like they were having seizures? Same thing with AVP... And don't get me started on the difference in quality of the transformation scene. Murdy should have put AWIL in a soundstage or have skipped it until he could.

So, Orlando is rumored to do a different version of AWIL that's somehow still based on the same scenes? I don't get what that means. But whatever they do, it will be compared to a masterpiece...

YES!! The puppets in Hollywood didn't move anywhere close to what Orlando's did. Seizures would be an excellent analogy as the movements were jerky and obviously unnatural. I already knew they didn't use the same puppets before we went out there, but I thought, "Hell, it's Hollywood! They should be able to handle it." Um no - apparently, they can't. There was one scene where the wolf was up on a platform, and you could see all the mechanical stuff attached to it. It totally took away the whole make-believe of it. Also, there were a lot of odd blank spaces in between the scenes. Orlando knows how to make it flow better.

I will say there was one scene where you pushed thru a curtain in AWIL Hollywood, and the wolf was RIGHT THERE in your face. I enjoyed the hell out of that. I will also say that I liked Hollywood's AVP ending better with the giant alien, and I also loved the scene they had in AVP where the guy was hanging on a wall, and the little worm alien thing was sticking out of his chest, and it would watch you as you walked by it. That was funny/creepy all at the same time. Orlando didn't have the worm alien things. (sorry, I have only ever scene the original Alien, and I had to watch clips and stuff before going to HHN last year to know what the hell Predator was, so if I'm using incorrect names, I'm sorry). As I said earlier, my intention is not to disparage Murdy.. I'm sorry if I offended someone. I tend to be passionate about my love for this stuff, and sometimes I shoot my mouth off.

• Like 1

Orlando didn't have the worm alien things.

Orlando actually did have a chestbuster scene in one of the hallways. A woman was above you on the left. The chestbuster popped out, she screamed, and a marine on your right killed the woman and the chestbuster with his rifle. It was a timing effect I only saw once out of my 4-5 runs through the house.

Orlando actually did have a chestbuster scene in one of the hallways. A woman was above you on the left. The chestbuster popped out, she screamed, and a marine on your right killed the woman and the chestbuster with his rifle. It was a timing effect I only saw once out of my 4-5 runs through the house.

Ah crap, yes. And you're right.. it was easy to miss (which is probably why I didn't remember). The scene in Hollywood was one you could NOT miss as you saw the guy when you walked in the room and you had to walk out and around to the other side of the same room to exit - so you're seeing him the whole time, and the little alien would follow you by turning his head as you walked by. I had to laugh.. Chestbuster.. yes, that's it. Jeez, I feel like a moron sometimes.

,she is a clue her self!

So... you're saying Cassilda is a clue to something of HHN25, that has been around for about 3 years. I don't think so. She's just a fan with sources from universal. She certainly is entertaining though, I'll give her that.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic