Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

So I can guesstimate that probably FFP with express would be about 150 to 200 dollars more, making them around 250-300 dollars this year. The price increase is intriguing to me though. They did add more nights so that might be why. Or it could be that there will be a 9th house.

Also, is this some sort of pre sale thing? I checked the HHN website and Twitter and nothing has been said yet. A leak perhaps?

<- Me Gusta :3

Sorry I should have prefaced. British pre-sales. It's normal. As for the price it's including tax so I don't think the price increased all that much (Brits aren't used to tips or separate sales tax).

Sorry I should have prefaced. British pre-sales. It's normal. As for the price it's including tax so I don't think the price increased all that much (Brits aren't used to tips or separate sales tax).

One time when I was on a trip over in London, I tried to tip this one server and he got kinda angry with me. He said something like, "I get paid plenty of money for doing my job, I don't need yours". I didn't know how to react to that. I think I apologized for attempting to give him my money. Weird right?

What happened on Spider-Man? We've never been on it and we were planning to give it a shot this year. I figured it was similar to the Transformers Ride?

Another thing for possible actual speculation. This is an anniversary year and, while I did not speculate a return of previous houses, it is well within the realm of possibility. (After all Mike DID ask on Twitter what old houses you most liked from the past) If we were to get some returns, what would you like to see?

Well I think if we want to view this realistically, we first have to debate what past original franchises can be continued. (Unless they do something along the lines of a reboot, which I don't see.) So let's debate, shall we?

Here are some past house franchises that I personally believe can be carried on.

Scary Tales

Nightengales (almost a guarantee actually)

Catacombs

Psychoscareapy (yes, I believe it's possible, if they go into a deep storyline.)

I also like the "Scarezones into houses", or "Houses to scarezones" Idea. I think it's highly possible for multiple past originals.

Anything on my list you don't agree with? Anything you want to add?

One time when I was on a trip over in London, I tried to tip this one server and he got kinda angry with me. He said something like, "I get paid plenty of money for doing my job, I don't need yours". I didn't know how to react to that. I think I apologized for attempting to give him my money. Weird right?

What happened on Spider-Man? We've never been on it and we were planning to give it a shot this year. I figured it was similar to the Transformers Ride?

My own medical issue. Transformers is one that I will never get to experience completely. Simple explanation: my brain cannot do 3D.

Speaking of sales taxes, what's the sales tax in Orange County? Pinellas is .07. Is it the same or more?

Well I think if we want to view this realistically, we first have to debate what past original franchises can be continued. (Unless they do something along the lines of a reboot, which I don't see.) So let's debate, shall we?

Here are some past house franchises that I personally believe can be carried on.

Scary Tales

Nightengales (almost a guarantee actually)

Catacombs

Psychoscareapy (yes, I believe it's possible, if they go into a deep storyline.)

Scary Tales is definitely one that can be continued since there's always a variety in terms of what stories/morality tales they use...as well as the directions they take each one in.

Nightengales can support a sequel house, be it by itself or the whole Civil War with Body Collectors idea that others have mentioned.

I would downright love a sequel to Catacombs, unlike Havoc that one actually has more going for it then just the agressiveness of the actors.

As for Psychoscareapy, hmmm...can you be more specific about a "deep storyline"? The last version of this (Echos of Shadybrook) made the whole franchise on the tired side. When it comes to sequels, Maximum Madness spiced things up with adding Jack and the downright killer "Blackout" which set things over the top. Home for the Holidays changed things up with the entire location, instead of being in the asylum it was in a entire neighborhood. If PS returns, it has to be more then just another trip to Shadybrook. (Personally, I'd love to have Asylum in Wonderland thrown into the mix and have a very stylized/abstract asylum. That alone could give it a twisted spin to rejuvinate it.)

• Like 1

"They have a major problem with lines for the haunted houses and attractions, but if you could get guests out to explore the area rather than waste time in line, that creates a better experience," Pynn said.

​The HHN freak in me thinks this statement is ludicrous.... but the selfish HHN freak in me thinks this is a great idea is you love the houses and hate the lines.

Two interesting developments that may impact HHN:

1. I found a Notice of Commencement for refurbishing the Curious George sign. This suggests that the rumored KZ replacement/construction may not be happening as soon as was originally thought. If this thought process is correct, Tent 1 will be accessible during HHN. Also, they are adding a future awning to ET.

2cmk7jd.jpg
2zoyico.jpg

2. I did a little Google Earth exploration. There's something happening behind the tents. Comparing Google Earth (prior to Kong going vertical but after Diagon was complete) to Google maps (Diagon under construction) images, the area behind the tents (a large area) has been cleared and the ground appears to have been graded. There is also a distinct oval shape in the grading. More tents? Teebin on OU did hint at a new tent being erected.

317e3oj.jpg

• Like 6

1. I found a Notice of Commencement for refurbishing the Curious George sign. This suggests that the rumored KZ replacement/construction may not be happening as soon as was originally thought. If this thought process is correct, Tent 1 will be accessible during HHN. Also, they are adding a future awning to ET.

2cmk7jd.jpg

2zoyico.jpg

2. I did a little Google Earth exploration. There's something happening behind the tents. Comparing Google Earth (prior to Kong going vertical but after Diagon was complete) to Google maps (Diagon under construction) images, the area behind the tents (a large area) has been cleared and the ground appears to have been graded. There is also a distinct oval shape in the grading. More tents? Teebin on OU did hint at a new tent being erected.

317e3oj.jpg

this is photo makes me think ... how funny would it be if someone was flying a drone around Uni trying to get clues on the houses as they were being built?

• Like 1

2cmk7jd.jpg

2zoyico.jpg

317e3oj.jpg

Great find Mystique. Looks like we may be getting a 9th house this year! Sounds exciting.

Geez... If codename Blizzard wasn't an original, this really would have really had me thinking. Check out the poster for the movie called Buzzard.

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/ab/f2/2c62d40e493e90e647fcf7ff5495/buzzard-poster.jpg

When I 1st read it, I thought it said Blizzard. Upon further inspection, the glove on the poster is actually an old Nintendo Power Glove altered into Freddy's Glove.

I guess it doesn't matter though, since Blizzard is an original anyways, but it did catch my eye.

That road behind MIB is very activated and a safety nightmare

Plus, I really can't see them spending the extra money/resources to build another house location in a pretty bad spot when they have at least 5 other spots in USF alone available to them.

Speaking of the USF-only/2-park debate, I feel like USF-only will still have a good chance at happening. It's easier/cheaper, and completely doable with 1-2 more houses. Just use 7-8 zones instead of 4-6 this time. Prodcution Central, NY, CP, Hollywood, Springfield, Sting Alley, side streets by Transformers, KidZone, MiB Area, Mel's Plaza, etc are all available for zones.

Drew from OU said this on Twitter:

"So interesting tidbit. Buddy of mine planning a HHN trip called vacations yesterday. Apparently the rep said there'd be 9 houses this year And mentioned the possibility of an upcharge house as well. Take it all with a grain of salt, but figured it's worth sharing."

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic