Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Hmm...

I'm going to see what I can do with it from here. Thanks, by the way. I should've mentioned that mine was slowed down. Although this sounds like it was sped up.

sure thing. I didn't speed it I flipped but left original speed

I can't figure out how to isolate the audio any further, but this is what I hear:

Unknown (to me) person:

"...Hello? Can anyone hear me? My name is (something that sounds like Lindsey, maybe not though) and I'm trapped. Ever since (something that sounds like 'mom') told me to do this thing (something that sounds like 'that's inside' but again, probably not as it makes no sense). She's not who she says she is, she's looking/trying (hard to tell as its so quiet it mixes in with the background noise) to bring Jack back. Locked doors/not yours (doesn't make sense this way, can't tell what it is, you get the idea) are a behavior. Don't listen to anything she says, you have to stop me from-"

Cassilda(?):

"He lies(?) you can't stop it, its inevitable.

I would say the general gist is that:

"There's this woman, she's manipulating people and working towards a plan that involves bringing Jack back."

The questions are:

So, who are some female characters that would have access to some sort of way to bring Jack back but also have the potential of being discovered? Either by official means or by force.

Who's trapped and where are they trying to contact us (or anyone) from?

My guess is that this was taken from the prop warehouse and someone is trying to get the lantern. But that's just me. Its the only feasible way to explain why more than just Jack would be coming back.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Himmel, Goth Wackee and PS (Sterrington's wife) are the main, canonical ones in regards to backstory. All of them tie to LT which relates to Jack through the lantern.

Chance, Elsa Strict (Storyteller), Dr. Mary Agana and Luck are the only icons. Of them, Chance connects obviously to Jack, Elsa is in the lantern with him, and Agana worked at Shadybrook.

Himmel, Goth Wackee and PS (Sterrington's wife) are the main, canonical ones in regards to backstory. All of them tie to LT which relates to Jack through the lantern.

Chance, Elsa Strict (Storyteller), Dr. Mary Agana and Luck are the only icons. Of them, Chance connects obviously to Jack, Elsa is in the lantern with him, and Agana worked at Shadybrook.

Steerington's daughter. Paige Steerington (P.S. From the Evil Takes Root blog) is Steerington's daughter.

EDIT: I want to add LT is the closest thing we have to canon. If Cassi is just a fan, tread lightly.

You know... It strikes me that asking the question might not be something that I needed to do.

The voice saying that something is inevitable sounds very much like Cassilda did in the first piece of audio she sent us last year.

Did we ever come to a conclusion on who Cassi was?

The question of how she got access to the lantern or whatever she's going for is still pertinent, I think.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

One of her clues mentioned the cane of souls. She seemed to imply her soul was bound to it. Perhaps that's Jack's escape route.

Here's how I see it:

Who am I? (non-Clue)

The text alludes to the movie/novel "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury.

The line " I see nothing and I see all" implies the dust witch whose eyes and mouth were sewn shut but could still see and do other many powerful things.

"We are of the fall" Implies The autumn people who ran the dark carnival headed by Mr. Dark aka the tattooed man.

2drue8l.jpg

Who am I? Pt2

1zexbsw.jpg

Fellow ship with Odd = Oddfellow as in the Carnival that Jack was a part of and eventually took over in 2007.
Stripped of beauty/eyes and mouth hushed/Never seeing but always knowing seems to hearken back to the first clue about the dust witch.
Indentured to the dark man could be a reference to selling one's soul or it could be a reference to Jack,OddFellow, or Mr. Dark in Something Wicked This Way Comes.

The below image was found and it appears the clue references Dr. Oddfellow.

10oddfellow.jpg

My thought is "Cassi" was either tricked into becoming or willingly agreed to become a dust witch by Oddfellow.

Who am I? Pt 3
20azd09.jpg

The picture is a the cane of souls and the swirly thing over it is reminiscent of a soul trap. In HHN cannon, the soul cane is explained to keep it's owner alive long after they should have died.

Chaotic Prince = Jack.

Ruthless Retribution = Jack killed Oddfellow and took over his circus as revenge for having him murdered when he was a human. (Jack is now the "God of Chaos")

Forever bound to the vessel. Cane of souls... soul trap. I think it refers to the cane. she is bound to serve whoever holds the cane.

I shall see his restitution. She will see Jack brought back. Based on the context of the clue the only he is the chaotic prince. That would appear to be her endgame... Until this last clue. the sentence "She's not who she says she is" means what? She isn't Casiilda Carcosa? That probably goes without saying it isn't her real name. She isn't a dust witch? Maybe. She wants to she Jack come back? She screwed up which house was nixed last year so maybe she isn't the all powerful psychic witch she claims to be.... Or she just can't see the final outcome. Perhaps her end goal isn't just Jack? Maybe Jack is only a means to an end. She is bound to serve him but she doesn't have to like him. He killed her original master Oddfellow. Maybe she seeks revenge? the line in the Clue "something much worse" may support Jack is a means too an end of bringing something worse than him back.

• Like 1

I hear:

"Hello, can anybody hear me? My name is Lindsey and I'm trapped." I can't make out the next part but I'm sure I hear the word demon. Then she says "she is not who she says she is." There is another part I can't make out then "she wants to bring Jack Back." Another part I can't hear. "Don't listen to anything she says." One last part I can't hear. "You have to stop her!"

• Like 1

I blogified my breakdown. Added a few things corrected a few things.

I hear:

"Hello, can anybody hear me? My name is Lindsey and I'm trapped." I can't make out the next part but I'm sure I hear the word demon. Then she says "she is not who she says she is." There is another part I can't make out then "she wants to bring Jack Back." Another part I can't hear. "Don't listen to anything she says." One last part I can't hear. "You have to stop her!"

I heard demon too.

• Like 1

I blogified my breakdown. Added a few things corrected a few things.

I heard demon too.

Seconds 7-9...

I thought it sounded like, "David/Damon, find me", but second 6 is garbled and David/Damon could be possibly be demon??? It's funny how we each hear different things from the same sounds. I don't hear the dee in demon when I listen to it. But I suppose there is also the daemon version??? Maybe it is daemon.

Seconds 17-19 sounds like, "Lockhart (no idea what Lockhart is) just wants the anchor" to me. If the word used is anchor and not something else, could that be the the cane, since she is bound to it somewhat like an anchor?

There was a Dr. Abraham Lockheed who wrote the book Demons Among Us, Uncovering Evil. Is he even still living in HHN fiction?

If the person/creature we're looking for isn't the Dust Witch, I'll toss out a male/female demon name that popped up when I was looking at various things. Furfur. It kinda looks like a cross between Krampus and the Jersey Devil. This has nothing to do with HHN fiction though.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Let's see:

Glad they went back to the normal dates.

The Jack clues are sooo subtle ;)

What is this rockin' Jack?

flipping ticket packages already on sale. (website)

Same number font as all the other TWD years...

Not only that. Selling tickets with the house line-up nowhere to be seen. Hyping it up as scary.

That could mean two things:

1.) The IPs are crapppy (or repeats like f13, NOES, TWD, and TCM). So they are hyping it up now as scary because they are afraid, once the lineup is revealed, no one will come... so bring on the pre-sales as many as possible.

2.) There are far less IPs. More original. Thus they are afraid the GP won't show up without heavy hitting IPs.

Depends on how you see the glass

• Like 2

Not only that. Selling tickets with the house line-up nowhere to be seen. Hyping it up as scary.

That could mean two things:

1.) The IPs are crapppy (or repeats like f13, NOES, TWD, and TCM). So they are hyping it up now as scary because they are afraid, once the lineup is revealed, no one will come... so bring on the pre-sales as many as possible.

2.) There are far less IPs. More original. Thus they are afraid the GP won't show up without heavy hitting IPs.

Depends on how you see the glass

My glass is half-delusional!!

*dances* Hyping means no TWD!!! Less IPs!! More originals!!

Lie to me if I'm wrong.

*seals self in delusion bubble*

• Like 2

Sure but they always want to make money. And true the recent years have pushed to generic sites. Rehash things like fonts and styles... heck the tag line is the same now since the first TWD year. So it is not outside of the realm of possibilities this is just another ploy to get money.

honestly F13, NOES, TCM... I welcome them back. they were great solid house. Could even consolidate and do Freddy vs Jason. Double house two runs blah blah

TWD... I pretty much expect.

AHS... It's cliche and relies on shock factor but sure throw it in as an up-charge. Fine whatever.

throw in Poltergeist or Hell raiser. awesome.

Throwback house like nightingales... Better yet Body Collectors vs Nightingales: Civil War.

Add two new houses and a new IP like Crimson Peak or Krampus. Great... Wouldn't feel like an anniversary year but still solid choices. (except TWD and AHS IMO)

Actually if it helps, I did hear a rumor that the contract with The Walking Dead expired and so far, nothing's been renewed with them. Granted it's only a rumor but if it'll bring some sort happiness to you guys, there's a chance we might not be seeing TWD this year.

• Like 2