Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

OK sorry my computer is pretty much hijacked by Pixar movies till my daughter goes to sleep.

Best I could do... no idea but reminds me of the Vigo painting from GB2.

25zjswo.jpg

Alrighty then... I guess Insidious was the easy guess, but it could also be Sinister.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OWdb6zCOUbU/UbVKAnHLlyI/AAAAAAAAAGM/to2l0WnrFT8/s1600/458481dz.jpg

Sister Nikoletta the Cenobite?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I got bored today and mapped out the park:

JGPCqcr.jpg

The Red indicates last year's house locations,

Green areas are possible show venues

Blue spots are my proposed "new" house locations, Sting Alley, Mummy Extended Queue, And Gringott's Extended Queue

I said "new" because I thought I remembered someone say that Mummy & Sting were used before, but not recently

I got bored today and mapped out the park:

JGPCqcr.jpg

The Red indicates last year's house locations,

Green areas are possible show venues

Blue spots are my proposed "new" house locations, Sting Alley, Mummy Extended Queue, And Gringott's Extended Queue

I said "new" because I thought I remembered someone say that Mummy & Sting were used before, but not recently

Part of the Mummy extended queue was used for the LT experience last year.

Sting Alley was used as part of 07's Vampyre, but Nazerman's was the main house location.

If I remember correctly from previous discussions, Nazerman's can't be used as a house location anymore. It is used as storage now?

Yep... That's correct on Nazerman's.

This map also ignores two other soundstages that can hold two houses and parade that can hold two houses. So there's five additional house locations.

EDIT - and technically, Disaster can fit two houses, but that's if it's under construction.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Mummy extended queue was used in the 90's as well if my memory serves me right. Nazerman's was also used early on in the event.

Mummy didn't open until 2004. There were two Mummy houses. I think one in 98 or 99 and the other in 00 or 01.

Kong was usually open during the event in the 90s and you walked through Kong in Nightmare Creatures.

I'm not sure the Gringotts/Diagon extended queue will be possible with Summer crowds.

Do you mean the extended queue for the Hogwarts Express? The one that took over part of the Disaster! extended queue? To my knowledge, that queue ended up not being needed. (And it stole a portion of house space). I'm hoping it goes away and we get that portion back.

Based on event size, Nazerman is highly improbable for use unless it's for a boutique haunt. The queue needed for a general admission house would block a main street in some capacity.

It would be a weird setup. The only place that I could see the queue working would be the street where stay and scream quests are held. So they would have to find another place for that which wouldn't be the end of the world I suppose, but it would work better to have another house in B79 or soundstages.

Based on event size, Nazerman is highly improbable for use unless it's for a boutique haunt. The queue needed for a general admission house would block a main street in some capacity.

Right what Legacy said. Nazermann's was always a tiny house. In the past it utilized Sting alley and what is now Ben and Jerry's and Starbucks. Now it is storage for Starbucks in the back part (which has refrigerators and what not in there). The front part (the fortune teller/tattoo shop) is ACTUALLY a shop now. There is very little room in there now. Maybe like enough for a storage pod but that's about it :P

Right they had a few times (Nightmare Creatures and then ooze zone in 2001) when they had an experience under Kong. wasn't all that great... except to walk under Kong was awesome.

The last time it was used, 2007, the queue wrapped all through 5th street and spilled into the abandoned Xena queue, and then entered through the door opposite of Nazerman's which is where the Starbucks storage is. Huge line for a 3 min house. But it is a moot point because there just isn't any room left inside.

This door

1zbsyh4.jpg

Do you mean the extended queue for the Hogwarts Express? The one that took over part of the Disaster! extended queue? To my knowledge, that queue ended up not being needed. (And it stole a portion of house space). I'm hoping it goes away and we get that portion back.

I'm referring to the one between Diagon and Fear Factor that's highlighted on the image.

I'm referring to the one between Diagon and Fear Factor that's highlighted on the image.

I completely missed that on the map. My brain seems to "blackout" that entire area due to all the rumors about Fear Factor being removed at some point. I think the forerunner is the Ministry of Magic going in that area. HP phase 3 will happen at some point.

Does anyone know if the Disaster! Queue props have been placed back into position? I haven't been to day time Uni since July of last year, so after house construction began.

Something that is currently driving me insane from curiosity...

What is going into Allah? From a notice of commencement, we know it's some kind of media lab. Will it be a guest experience? Will it be possible to place an LT experience in there? (Bring LT HQ back home?) What is it?!!! And will there be buttons to push?!!!

• Like 2

I completely missed that on the map. My brain seems to "blackout" that entire area due to all the rumors about Fear Factor being removed at some point. I think the forerunner is the Ministry of Magic going in that area. HP phase 3 will happen at some point.

Does anyone know if the Disaster! Queue props have been placed back into position? I haven't been to day time Uni since July of last year, so after house construction began.

Something that is currently driving me insane from curiosity...

What is going into Allah? From a notice of commencement, we know it's some kind of media lab. Will it be a guest experience? Will it be possible to place an LT experience in there? (Bring LT HQ back home?) What is it?!!! And will there be buttons to push?!!!

Rumor is a "25 Years of Universal Studios" exhibit is going in, ironically celebrating attractions they've removed while teasing future plans.

Also, I want to state what was initially planned for the two-park event in 2012. It's something to consider with rumored construction that is supposedly coming.

Main entrance is Islands/Port of Entry, but from there you can ONLY TURN RIGHT. That's right. Marvel was completely shut off. There would still be a house in Carnage from my understanding, and the queue would basically run through island, but no rides would be open. From there, the Suess Gate by One Fish, Two Fish would be open for a direct route through the soundstages instead of behind Cat in the Hat. They would cut through the soundstages and (somehow) under/around RRR. In the Studios, the park would be cut off at Central Park and Beetlejuice (identical to 2004, except Hollywood would be open). The back loop would go past 33, through the backlot and come out between by Sinbad into Lost Continent.

I'm not sure where Bill and Ted would be... maybe T2:3D... maybe at Mel's.

House locations (from my understanding):

Carnage

Soundstages (ALL THE SOUNDSTAGES!!!)

Disaster

Poisedon

MAYBE... Parade

Here's why that matters now. Rumor is that KidZone and Disaster are going under the knife soon. If true, that potentially cuts out a couple of house locations this year (Disaster and Sprung 1). The 2012 plan allows to take those out of the equation and still have plenty of room because you can access all the soundstages themselves.

Potential 2015 House Locations (2 Parks)

Carnage (Quequed through the island/potential upcharge)

Poisedon

Parade (Quequed through Esoteric Gate)

Four SS that can hold 2 houses

A small SS for 1 house (potential Up-charge?)

Mummy Extended (Up-charge)

That's 12 potential large house locations, plus one easy up-charge house location. And this is ALL based on recent plans/what they've done before.

• Like 3

Rumor is a "25 Years of Universal Studios" exhibit is going in, ironically celebrating attractions they've removed while teasing future plans.

Also, I want to state what was initially planned for the two-park event in 2012. It's something to consider with rumored construction that is supposedly coming.

Main entrance is Islands/Port of Entry, but from there you can ONLY TURN RIGHT. That's right. Marvel was completely shut off. There would still be a house in Carnage from my understanding, and the queue would basically run through island, but no rides would be open. From there, the Suess Gate by One Fish, Two Fish would be open for a direct route through the soundstages instead of behind Cat in the Hat. They would cut through the soundstages and (somehow) under/around RRR. In the Studios, the park would be cut off at Central Park and Beetlejuice (identical to 2004, except Hollywood would be open). The back loop would go past 33, through the backlot and come out between by Sinbad into Lost Continent.

I'm not sure where Bill and Ted would be... maybe T2:3D... maybe at Mel's.

House locations (from my understanding):

Carnage

Soundstages (ALL THE SOUNDSTAGES!!!)

Disaster

Poisedon

MAYBE... Parade

Here's why that matters now. Rumor is that KidZone and Disaster are going under the knife soon. If true, that potentially cuts out a couple of house locations this year (Disaster and Sprung 1). The 2012 plan allows to take those out of the equation and still have plenty of room because you can access all the soundstages themselves.

Potential 2015 House Locations (2 Parks)

Carnage (Quequed through the island/potential upcharge)

Poisedon

Parade (Quequed through Esoteric Gate)

Four SS that can hold 2 houses

A small SS for 1 house (potential Up-charge?)

Mummy Extended (Up-charge)

That's 12 potential large house locations, plus one easy up-charge house location. And this is ALL based on recent plans/what they've done before.

Twister is rumored to be going under the knife, too. While it doesn't hold a house, it usually holds lines.

Depending on how they do construction, they may be able to do internal demo without closing off the queue.

Indeed if they knock out twister (which they are) and Kid Zone (which is happening at some point) you have some very convoluted paths. Making it a two park event almost seems like a no-brainer. Last year was terrible. Crowds, lines, and clutter. It was maximum capacity. If they intend to add another house or two... you're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Like 2

Potentially, but wouldn't they start with the earlier seasons for a house and not the most recent? That way they would set it ul more easily for houses down the line. I still want my AHS Coven house.

I think coven would be a great house! Entering into the academy like Zoe did in ep 1, The minotaur, Marie's voodoo, The graveyards, the zombies!

Potentially, but wouldn't they start with the earlier seasons for a house and not the most recent? That way they would set it ul more easily for houses down the line. I still want my AHS Coven house.

Problem is, most people are going to be expecting Freakshow as it was the most recent or Hotel as a preview of the season (which won't happen.).