Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

There is nothing wrong with repeating house themes. Everyone who is freaking out about TWD returning is neglecting to think about all the other house themes that have been repeated multiple times. I wonder if they will repeat another original house theme any time soon. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with repeating house themes. Everyone who is freaking out about TWD returning is neglecting to think about all the other house themes that have been repeated multiple times. I wonder if they will repeat another original house theme any time soon. What are your thoughts?

Nightingales for sure sometime in the future. I would like Bloodengutz but I'm not holding my breath. Scary Tales is a possibility. I would love to go through that and a Psychoscarapy house. Never had the opportunity since my first year was 21

Man, the Scary Tales and Pyschoscarapy houses were awesome. As for Nightingales, I definitely think that it will be returning in the near future. Who knows, maybe next year. There is so much that they could do with Nightingales. I've always wanted a WWII themed Nightingales house. It would work nicely since the 2011 house was based off of WWI. Then again, there is also the possibility of the revolutionary war, civil war, countless other wars, and even non-war events. The possibilities are endless. I do remember a year or two ago at the Entertainment and Design Forum, the A&D guys talked about possibly doing a sequel Nightingales house sometime in the future. Another great series to continue would be the Urban Legends series. La Llorona was a cool house and the whole idea of urban legends is fascinating. I'm interested to see if the scrapped Chupacabra house will actually show up somewhere down the line. I had an idea for an Urban Legends house where Bloody Mary would be the main character and she would be conjuring up a ton of other urban legends and maybe each character gets their own scene. Anything historical/supernatural in nature is right up my alley!

• Like 1

It appears we have confirmation of next year's dates and the return of Jack.

https://www.facebook.com/seth.kubersky/posts/305787609609709

@skubersky: USB drive from @horrornightsOrl reveals #HHN25 dates 9/25-10/31/2015 & Jack returns!

@skubersky: Jack is coming back! #hhn25 @HorrorNightsORL 9/25/2015-10/31/2015 http://t.co/9PmCtZRLE2

Edited by mz_
embed the video, watch the end!
  • Like 1

can someone remind me of how well Brian Brushwood's act did? He hasn't performed at HHNO since 2010. I know that other 2-cent magic show in 2011 left a bad taste in my mouth for magic shows. If they get Brian back, he might not bring droves of people into the park, but he isn't shooing them away either. He can bring groups of people out of the wait lines and plop them into either the beetlejuice stage or animal actors.

Edited by Mrevio

Here's something I observed while reading the HHN24 "Relieve The Terror" blog post written by Mr. Aiello:
On the part where he begins talking about HHN25, he says "We could not be more excited about the horrific possibilities for our 25th anniversary. The tricks, the treats, the past, the present, and the future... are all being examined."
The PAST is being examined. The past for HHN obviously consists of the icons, including Jack. Maybe we will see the other icons. The past also consists of Legendary Truth, which is also returning. However, what if we see the returning of some other amazing HHN hit franchises from the past like Nightengales or Psychoscareapy. We have been hearing about a Nightengales sequel, and this may finally be the year it appears! What better to make a sequel to one of the greatest houses ever than on the 25th anniversary?
Now as for the "present", it could easily just mean IPs. The present is what they look at for IPs. As in, what properties people wanna see.
Future... guess we'll have to see....
But yeah, that's just some of my observations.
  • Like 1

Here's something I observed while reading the HHN24 "Relieve The Terror" blog post written by Mr. Aiello:
On the part where he begins talking about HHN25, he says "We could not be more excited about the horrific possibilities for our 25th anniversary. The tricks, the treats, the past, the present, and the future... are all being examined."
The PAST is being examined. The past for HHN obviously consists of the icons, including Jack. Maybe we will see the other icons. The past also consists of Legendary Truth, which is also returning. However, what if we see the returning of some other amazing HHN hit franchises from the past like Nightengales or Psychoscareapy. We have been hearing about a Nightengales sequel, and this may finally be the year it appears! What better to make a sequel to one of the greatest houses ever than on the 25th anniversary?
Now as for the "present", it could easily just mean IPs. The present is what they look at for IPs. As in, what properties people wanna see.
Future... guess we'll have to see....
But yeah, that's just some of my observations.

My Guesses

Past: Body Collectors, Psychoscareapy, Legendary Truth, Icons, Dungeon of Terror

Present: Walking Dead, Halloween 2, American Horror Story

Future: All new original house

My Guesses

Past: Body Collectors, Psychoscareapy, Legendary Truth, Icons, Dungeon of Terror

Present: Walking Dead, Halloween 2, American Horror Story

Future: All new original house

I really feel like Psychoscarepy's storyline was wrapped up neatly in 2010.

2003: We are introduced to Shadybrook and its inmates.

2006: We return to Shadybrook and find its newest inmate, Jack, has had a bad influence on the impressionable patients there

2007: We visit the unfortunate suburban neighborhood where Jack and a bus load of the other inmates have escaped and had a lovely Christmas.

2010: We revisit the remains of the long abandoned Shadybrook and the ghosts of the inmates left behind.

I'm not sure how the story could be continued in a way that doesn't seem forced like a bad movie sequel.

• Like 3

I really feel like Psychoscarepy's storyline was wrapped up neatly in 2010.

2003: We are introduced to Shadybrook and its inmates.

2006: We return to Shadybrook and find its newest inmate, Jack, has had a bad influence on the impressionable patients there

2007: We visit the unfortunate suburban neighborhood where Jack and a bus load of the other inmates have escaped and had a lovely Christmas.

2010: We revisit the remains of the long abandoned Shadybrook and the ghosts of the inmates left behind.

I'm not sure how the story could be continued in a way that doesn't seem forced like a bad movie sequel.

Maybe a prequel house? Something along the lines of Shadybrook when it first opened? Just tossing out ideas

Maybe a tie in with AHS Asylum?

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 1

They all deserve to be there for the 25th.

Especially the Caretaker ;)

The Propmaster was a topic that went up early in speculation for HHN24. It was a potential icon for HHN24. Not only was the icon released, but information went out that this "Prop Master" guy would have a scarezone and some other features to the event. I can't remember everything, but later in the year, it was confirmed to be scrapped.

I think if they use AHS, it'll end up being for AHS: Freakshow. Just simply because it'll be the new thing for the franchise. But careful what you wish for... American Horror Story could end up being the new Walking Dead.

But careful what you wish for... American Horror Story could end up being the new Walking Dead.

This is where I have to disagree with you. the walking dead (i refuse to capitalize it) is the same old same old. Its the same atmosphere and same "characters" (calling zombie characters to make my point later). AHS has a constant changing themes, atmospheres, and characters that it will feel like a new house every year. I don't see how it can get old unless they start coming up with dumb or dull concepts for the show. The only thing tying seasons together is the name. That's it.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 3

So we know Jack is back for 25 but we will not know for awhile.

Somethings they were testing this week makes it sound like there will be a great deal of interactivity in the park next year.

As for what houses that may be a possibility next year are TWD unless the show sinks this season. AHS which I heard was going to be this year. Insidious which I also heard got cut from this year. as for original content an Icon house or scare zones would be great. Nightingales, Body Collectors, and Psychoscareapy would be great to see next year. The other house rumor that was wishful thinking/joke was Killer Clowns from Outerspace which would make sense since Jack is back.

Insidious was never on the table from my understanding, it would be too much like Dead End.

As much I want to see something new with the icons, I have a strange feeling they will do the same thing with them like they did in 2006 and 2010 (Only thing different was FEAR was the main icon).

I might note FOX has had a lot of say when it comes to AHS, UO (And I think Hollywood) tried a few times but they cant come to terms with FOX. I know AHS was on the table VERY early this yr but it got dropped early as well.

Lastly right now is just brainstorming phase of HHN 25, there not talking to IPs yet nor they know what all they want to do with the event.

• Like 3

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic