Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Could that be what their planning with hiring so many people and stuff like that? Also a dual run house queue would get hectic when you throw express in the mix. I can see them doing a dual run with TWD to be honest. If they run two storylines in the show that's how they could separate it

Something has to be done about park capacity after this year. Just got back after hhn tonight and literally the entire time I was in the park I couldn't move with out touching someone or getting checked in the shoulder. So I don't know if we need to go two parks, more mazes, Diagon alley to be opened or what but it made the entire event unbearable. Also wait time's for all the houses were above an hour wait from 7 till midnight when i left and were not falling in the slightest. TWD was at 150 min, Halloween 160, AvP 110, Roanoke, dollhouse and giggles all at 90, drac at 75, and FDTD at 60. Also mummy, transformers, and rip rocket were all over an hour wait. with MIB and Simpsons not far behind. This was about as bad this past thursday and last friday I went. So if expansion does not happen this year and they bring back TWD, make a friday house for the new film, and bring the likes of freakshow, the strain, insidious and sinister as I.P. houses and The Purge as well for the streets we are in for an even larger problem next year. Especially if they even toy with the idea of the icons, mainly jack, but still. In the art of the scare documentary they talked about how people would riot in line waiting for 3 hours for an attraction!! whelp that time has definitely come, especially with how busy the first 2-3 weeks were as well. Just time for some serious growth. My thought is if they can't do diagon alley, hogwarts ride, or cat in the hat. shut the parts down needed and open the rest up. Next year jurassic world comes out. Use it. promote it. Put a scarezone in the bitch whatever. Marvel has a new zombie comic coming out, so obviously it isn't bothering disney to have that... so get on the phone mike and make the call. Use the new blum house contract and bring in those big ips. as well and getting fx in the picture who now run the two other largest horror shows on cable as far as numbers are concerned. Make it bigger and badder than ever or else there will literally be anarchy in those streets with the capacity were running at now. Also RHPS needs to go, not pulling in hardly enough people to call it a sufficient people eater these days.

25 year prediction

houses

TWD

Freakshow

The Strain

Friday the 13th

Insidious 3

classic horror property - maybe the fog, the fly or frankenstein for the new film

original

original (legendary truth)

nightingales 2!!

streets

The purge for sure

original

original

freakshow zone

original

shows

Bill and Ted

something new (No magic or musicals please!!!)

by no means is any of this for sure or what I would want but just seems likely considering the path we're on now. Also legendary truth is back up so who knows!!

• Like 2

I am curious if it would be profitable for them to run a dual park event?

Look at it this way, with a one park event they are able to keep IOA and DA open for regular day guests until 8pm without any HHN people intruding. These types of guests most likely came specifically for the parks and have zero interest in HHN so they are buying merchandise tailor made to their in park experience.

While HHN does good numbers, the most crowded nights recently have been ROF and FFP nights meaning that a lot of people have caught onto the value of those tickets. The type of ticket they buy is cheaper than a regular 3 day ticket so right up front you are not making as much money. HHN people are most likely buying HHN merchandise and not concerned about any other merchandise within the park as they most likely are AP holders or have already had day admission to UOR.

Running a two park even also ties their arms a bit as the next HHN year might not be as popular and they have to close BOTH PARKS early for the event. By having both open and running, they are raking in more money (albeit, at HHN guests and guests without parkhoppers expense).

The only possible spoiler is whether or not DA and IOA were busy during HHN this year. If they were not busy, then yes a two park event might be possible as it would allow them to let more people into the event.

If they do run a two park event, I would expect the prices to go up quite a bit to match the added attractions they would need to staff and to give themselves a bit of a cushion if the event is not as popular as this year's.

A two park event, because of construction over the past five years, is damn near impossible. Also, you need to understand that the two park event isn't two events. It's a single event that used space in two parks. There's only one entrance. Only one exit. And the backstage areas being open don't really increase capacity because there is nothing back there. And before you say "they can use two entrances," let me ask if you REALLY want to go through security and CityWalk every time you change parks?

And the idea of two events isn't going to fly either. One, a second event has to be different from HHN. It won't actually pull people from the event. Two, an "IP-centric" event won't happen because THAT'S WHAT HHN IS! Please get the idea that IoA getting TWD out of your head. It's purely wishful thinking that doesn't have a prayer.

• Like 2

Lol it was a joke mostly about the TWD-land, though it would be nice.

This event is getting too big for its britches plain and simple. Either expand the event or severely limit the amount of tickets per day. I am not waiting 3 hours for anything. I rather just not go if this is how it's going to be from now on.

• Like 1

I would very much enjoy an IP dominant year. However, I don't see this happening. TWD is most likely going to come back again next year. The IP houses are what draws people to the event. Most of the guests aren't HHN nerds like us, so they don't really care about original houses. I asked T.J last year about the relevance of original houses now a days and he kind of brushed the question off. Not quite sure what that means, but I don't think that A&D is happy about the enormous loss of original content in the past few years. If they were to add a 9th house, then it could open up another slot for an original house. No other year will top the mix of original content (in my opinion) than 2008 and 2011. With it being the 25th next year, we can only hope that we get more originals.

• Like 2

I'm willing to bet we will get maybe three originals max, with or without a ninth house. As stated numerous times before, the IP's bring in the horrendously large crowd, and that means profit for Uni. Even with a few of us copping out and going to other haunts because of overpopulation, they still have a huge exponential growth each year. If you want lots of originals, do what I'll probably be doing next year and head over to HOS, or some local haunts near you, but an original-ran HHN will probably never happen again.

And don't get me wrong, I'll still look into HHN because I haven't completely given up on the event, but depending on the IPs, I might not go.

• Like 2

What if they just replace Rocky Horror with a Walking Dead themed show with generic survivors since they can't get the rights to use characters from the show?

Thematically, the Graveyard Revue doesn't fit anything that could be done with TWD. RHPS (or Evil Dead: The Musical) works there because they're not serious.

If they did a TWD show, it would go in the Fear Factor theater. Is that really what you want?

• Like 1

I personally am okay with IPs taking over the event and dominating in the houses... just as long as Marketing and Uni chooses Good IPs.
Some of the recent IP houses have been some of the best houses I've ever seen, American Werewolf, Evil Dead, Halloween, AVP, I just wish they stop using houses to promote upcoming movies or if they are going to do that, At least promote actual horror movies.

and if they are going to do more IP houses, I wish they at least did a better job with them, I'm not trying to hate or anything but houses like Resident Evil or From Dusk really leave a lot to be desired. RE could have been just as good as AVP or even better. Nemesis could have been like the Predators this year. I'm not sure why that house was so weird.
so, if movie houses are the new thing at the event, I just hope they can at least pick some better IPs next time and do them a little more justice.

I would prefer all original content and one house that has all the icons. Actually have legitimately good scarezones with memorable atmosphere. Queue videos for every house. Entrance area that is memorable, front gates decorated. Get rid of the arcade games. Cyclical intensity in the houses, no 3D house but one dark-comedy (HR Bloodngutz, Dungeon of Terror: Retold, Leave it to Cleaver, etc).

Edited by criticalanalysis

I'm hoping for originals. 8 houses,

1- All nite Die in (director with Myers, leatherface, freddy, jason)

2- Psychoscareapy(jack brings carnival to asylum?)

3- screamhouse (caretaker)

4-RUN!!!! (eddie)
5- Scary tales! (either storyteller or blood mary)

6- Silver screams (Usher with Phantom, scream, chucky, purge, etc)

7- Ship of screams?

8- Psycho : Norman Bates

5 zones.

1- Havoc(disaster area)

2- 25 years of hhn zone (outside of terminator)

3- skoolhouse (central park forest with bloody mary pumpkins from 2008! lol)

4- Walking Dead or deadtropolis? (New york including sting alley!)

5- chainsaw drill team (roaming either in Lucy tribute area, transformers, or bridge between simpsons/diagon)

and maybe an extra scarezone somewhere.

ICON- either Fear or that red devil dude from 2006 arrival show.

idk i would love to see 25th anniversary look something like this. No more of this IP crap. Bring back the classics!!!

• Like 1

I'm hoping for originals. 8 houses,

1- All nite Die in (director with Myers, leatherface, freddy, jason)

2- Psychoscareapy(jack brings carnival to asylum?)

3- screamhouse (caretaker)

4-RUN!!!! (eddie)

5- Scary tales! (either storyteller or blood mary)

6- Silver screams (Usher with Phantom, scream, chucky, purge, etc)

7- Ship of screams?

8- Psycho : Norman Bates

5 zones.

1- Havoc(disaster area)

2- 25 years of hhn zone (outside of terminator)

3- skoolhouse (central park forest with bloody mary pumpkins from 2008! lol)

4- Walking Dead or deadtropolis? (New york including sting alley!)

5- chainsaw drill team (roaming either in Lucy tribute area, transformers, or bridge between simpsons/diagon)

and maybe an extra scarezone somewhere.

ICON- either Fear or that red devil dude from 2006 arrival show.

idk i would love to see 25th anniversary look something like this. No more of this IP crap. Bring back the classics!!!

See, here is where all the inconsistencies lie. And it's not just you, because you see it all the time from HHN fans.

You say you want eight originals, then name eight repeating themes/houses. Three of those eight are IP-based. I'm not sure if these sorts of inconsistent desires come from a misunderstanding of what an IP actually is, or even an understanding of what an Original is. But I'm seeing far too many, "Down with IPs, but bring back what we've seen before," comments that directly contradict the essence of what made the Originals original.

• Like 4

I would assume Walking Dead and Halloween sold a ton of merchandise just looking at the crowds. I loved that they had a La Lorona shirt last year but dwelt like I was the only one wearing one this year.

So I think we're getting the same ratio of Ips as this year that would be fit the event, draw crowds and sell merch. Walking Dead will come back and I can see The Strain, Hannibal and Scream fitting that criteria. also there will Legendary pictures (who coproductedand cofinanced Drac, Jurassic World and Skull Island with Universal) so they'll want whatever next year's monster movie to have a presence.

I think a lot of guests don't know or have any connection to the icons but fans will want to seen them since it's an anniversary year. So I think they should be regulated to the streets.

See, here is where all the inconsistencies lie. And it's not just you, because you see it all the time from HHN fans.

You say you want eight originals, then name eight repeating themes/houses. Three of those eight are IP-based. I'm not sure if these sorts of inconsistent desires come from a misunderstanding of what an IP actually is, or even an understanding of what an Original is. But I'm seeing far too many, "Down with IPs, but bring back what we've seen before," comments that directly contradict the essence of what made the Originals original.

If they redo a house isn't it technically considered an IP owned by Universal? I mean they won't need to get permission to use it but..yeah (lost my train of thought)

(Just in case anyone is confused on the term, IP means "Intellectual Property")

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

If they redo a house isn't it technically considered an IP owned by Universal? I mean they won't need to get permission to use it but..yeah (lost my train of thought)

(Just in case anyone is confused on the term, IP means "Intellectual Property")

That's always been my belief, but most people give a pass to HHN creations. It doesn't mean it's right, and it sure doesn't make it consistent.

People like familiarity. They want to have some idea of what's coming. That's even more important to the casual haunt fan; that expectation. It's why IPs sell, and why HHN fans clamor for the same ideas year after year. It's just that no one sees the irony. Truly "original" years are rare, to the extent where there has only been ONE, with no IPs or returning concepts; Terra Cruentes. But that means ignoring the Body Collectors' obvious inspiration and the appearance of Michael Myers in "Where Evil Hides."

• Like 2

I for one would love to have a return of all of our former icons for the event á la HHN 2006.

I don't know what the deal is, as of currently with the licensing rights to the Bloody Mary character, but I think they (Universal) should pursue to get the rights back so they can use the character again. Would be kind of cool to see the good ole' doctor return.

I did Potter and HHN and I think they could a two park with pretty much the same plan. In the late afternoon everyone is givena wristband at Hogwarts Express or Diagon Alley. London is blocked off at five and Diagon Alley is left "open" until six. Basically only food and shops are open as Gringotts closed before 430 (because the operations still suck) and there aren't any of the shows. So if you have a park to park you exit through the Hogwarts express, an HHN ticket you enter the park and I don't knownwhat happens if you have a one park ticket. I guess you leave through a backstage area.

Basically Diagon Alley has to close early regardless if it's a one or two park event. And Gringotts can't stay open for more than ten hours without breaking down for the day.

Question. Do you think Orlando will start to do repeat houses more often due to the walking dead's "success"?

Depends on what it is. I don't think Orlando will ever go what Hollywood used to in repeating the whole maze and not changing a thing (f.e. HOTC), but I think we may start repeating "Themes" more. We didn't repeat the Walking Dead house, we repeated the theme of the Walking Dead (with the same type of characters, but you get my point.).