Behind the Screams Tours

JDW

r9027s.jpg

Go ahead and post when you are going, the time, how many in your party, and which tour (RIP/UMTH/Arcane Insights)Please ONLY if you are confirmed for going that day.

Morning Menace - Departs daily 10:30AM
FDTD, Halloween, DHOTD

Afternoon Abominations - Departs daily 2:00PM
AVP TWD, Roanoke

Unmasking the Horror

Sept 20
10:30 AM

hhnholdem(+1),rockingamer17,SirOwenDisney

2:00 PM

JDW(+1),​hhnholdem(+1),foREVer56(+1),rockingamer17,Gorewood_Queen(+1},Tony(+1),SirOwenDisney

Sept 21

Sept 25

shark23(+3)

Sept 26

Sept 27

ThNdIzNiR(+2)

sarah21683, moorelr

Sept 28

jmagoo(+3)

Oct 2

Oct 3

Cooger and Dark(+3),Boyler92(+2)

Cooger and Dark(+3), Oysterhead00(+4),Boyler92(+2)

Arcane Insights

hilldog1378

Oct 4

bubby45,zombieman

bubby45,Oysterhead00(+4),zombieman

Oct 5

eyecdeadpeople

eyecdeadpeople, jmagoo(+3)

Oct 9

Oct 10

warp3dali3n

Arcane Insights

Oct 11

Oct 12

TheBlueBlazer(+1)

TheBlueBlazer(+1)

Oct 15

Oct 16

Oct 17

Arcane Insights

Oct 18

HHN Monster(+2)

HHN Monster(+2)

Oct 19

Oct 22

Oct 23

jadaada(+3)

jadaada(+3)

Oct 24

Arcane Insights

Oct 25

Oct 26

Oct 29

OCT 30

Nov 1

Me +4 for Oct 4th @ 2pm. "Good thing you called today - we can just fit your party in.". Not sure how true that is, but sounds like the 10/4 pm tour is just about full.

EDIT: Anybody know how many tours they are doing a day/session? I booked 5 tickets, but we have a "virgin" going who rightfully doesn't think that paying $60 to see 3 houses with lights on is worth it (and another guy who's not doing it this year). Have a feeling one or both might might change their minds after going through the houses. Only 15 per group...one tour per day (well, for each set of 3 houses) but they have to do at least 3 at a time right? So that all 3 tours do the 3 houses round robin style?

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Me +4 for Oct 4th @ 2pm. "Good thing you called today - we can just fit your party in.". Not sure how true that is, but sounds like the 10/4 pm tour is just about full.

EDIT: Anybody know how many tours they are doing a day/session? I booked 5 tickets, but we have a "virgin" going who rightfully doesn't think that paying $60 to see 3 houses with lights on is worth it (and another guy who's not doing it this year). Have a feeling one or both might might change their minds after going through the houses. Only 15 per group...one tour per day (well, for each set of 3 houses) but they have to do at least 3 at a time right? So that all 3 tours do the 3 houses round robin style?

Right, Last year there were 3 groups of 15. Which before that I had only seen 2

I will be there Oct 4 for both morning and afternoon UTH tours.

If anyone is considering splurging on the Arcane tour, let me give yo my quick $.02 from taking it last year.

Although getting to spend an evening with TJ at HHN may sound priceless, there are a few things you need to be aware of:

1) The price does not include event admission, so make sure you have a FFP or ROF pass and go on a night included with that pass.

2) TJ takes a few minutes before and a few after each house to talk about it, but good luck hearing him, because there are no quiet spots around the exits of the houses.

3) The tour lasts almost the entire event (going only through the zones, houses and B&T). At the end of the tour you may have 30-60 minutes to roam on your own before the park closes, but your glow necklace will NOT act as an Express pass, so don't count on doing any house a second time.

4) There is a "rest period" in Lombard's, where you get about 45 minutes for a "round table" discussion with TJ. That's probably the best part of the whole tour. Ask him anything, but what was surprising was how frank his answers were.

5) NO Food is included in the tour. For this price, that really sucks.

For me, personally, no food and no post-tour Express usage was a real deal-breaker. Had they included just those two perks which would have cost Universal nothing, I would have felt like I got my money's worth.

For my dollar, the UTH tours are by far the better choice. No daytime admission required - and they let you stay in the park after the afternoon tour even though you don't have a ticket!

The tour should really impress even the virgins. While the sets don't really look all that great in the daytime, hearing the backstory and how much actually went into the house makes the tour great. The guide makes or breaks the tour; David is by far the best guide I've ever had. Doing the tour AFTER doing the houses at night in my opinion is the way to do it. It's like seeing the magic show and then having the magician show you how the trick is done. You get a new appreciation for it. There are absolutely no scares during the tour.

There are 3 morning and 3 afternoon tours. The morning tours all do the same 3 houses. The afternoon tours all do the same 3 houses (but different ones than the morning).

Note that you do NOT need to buy daytime park admissions to do these tours, and at the end of the afternoon tour, they turn you free in the park till it closes - best deal.

Edited by zombieman

Quick question, I want to go next Saturday but I want to go for both tours. Would I need to buy two tickets for the morning and afternoon tours, or if i buy one does it count as both if i go in the morning?

The are ticketed separately but you get a discount if you buy both.

• 2 weeks later...