Shows in Orlando

Recently,

It was revealed that Hollywood will not be getting B&T (and subsequently no shows).

It got me thinking on the topic of shows for Orlando and wether B&T is relevant at our event.

Sur eit's a crowd draw, but at the same time I haven't bothered to see it in 3 years and I don't plan on seeing it again. Why? I just feel it's a bit low brow and tired.

RHPS Tribute to me is pointless. Not only do I dislike the show in general, but you can see a better version mosts nights in Orlando... as close as the Lowe's Cineplex in Citywalk. Why do we need an abbreviated version in HHN?

I know B&T is a cult favorite so I'm fine with getting rid or RHPS tribute instead... or both.

Maybe put another show in the animal actor stage. It's just that the shows have not interested me in the least in a long time.

I know I've said it before, but why not do a nice sophisticated burlesque/magic/horror/comedy/music/variety show?

Something that has a little for everyone. It could also be a way to bring back icons without having them be front and center and still flesh out and elaborate of the icons of the past. For example, have Jack do the magic horror comedy, Lady Luck could do a game segment, The director could do a guest participation segment, etc. Mix it up. Switch it around. Add new personalities.

I know I've harped on this as a model. But it looks amazing.

http://youtu.be/ptNBjVOErEo

Anyway those are just my thoughts. Ultimately I'm pretty sure I am a minority in disliking both shows. But you can't really deny that the shows need to be revamped. Rehashing the same shows year after year is getting old. We need to inject fresh, exciting, new material into the event. Even if it is just to add another show. The event started with 1 house and 19 shows. It's odd to me they have been pushed all they way to the back.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on shows? Any neat ideas you'd like to see?

• Like 1

More is always good. I know budget is a big thing and probably why we do not see all of the space used. B&T is a favorite of the die hard fan and general public. I fall in-between I am only there one or two nights a year and do not want time "wasted." If there were one or two more shows added it would drop the length of the lines and give people more time to see the shows. HHN should have three stage shows on their show stages (Animal Actors, BJ, and FFL,) they should also use their lagoon with scheduled shows, not just randomly putting them on. Doing something the stages in the streets would be awesome. Death Drums did not take off, but was a great idea. Hell even having a DJ or band on the big Music stage could work. HHNH has GOGO dancers. . .GIVE US GOGO dancers! A constant magic show or a Cirque style show or a "freak" show in the third venue would help so much.

Losing Bill and Ted would be a mistake as the capacity/interest in it year to year are huge so keep it (I actually really enjoyed last year's show).

RHPS should be changed and if they decide to make it another tribute show; Little Shop of Horrors, The Devil's Carnival, and Repo: The Genetic Opera all seem like good options.

Add an icon show like JDW suggested. It could either be a magic/freak/burlesque show or something more like what Singapore did to announce the icon this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPDq7QiuKM

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

I can do without repeating RHPS over and over, but I love B&T. I would also love a more sophisticated burlesque/cirque style show in another theater, but I can foresee the drunken hordes not sitting through it if it doesn't have few fart jokes. And something like that is going to require a big budget that uni likely will not spend if the theater can't stay full.

I still want to see Bill and Ted take on other "slacker duos" such as Jay and Silent Bob and Wayne and Garth in a battle to the death for the show itself. Whoever wins gets the headline the show from then on out.

If you really want to have some fun, take a page from The Hanging. Create a classic "slasher" character to take over the show who can "kill" pop culture icons in ridiculously gruesome ways.

• Like 2

I can do without repeating RHPS over and over, but I love B&T. I would also love a more sophisticated burlesque/cirque style show in another theater, but I can foresee the drunken hordes not sitting through it if it doesn't have few fart jokes. And something like that is going to require a big budget that uni likely will not spend if the theater can't stay full.

It's a good point but it might be underestimating the people who would watch it.

I think if it was done properly, you could still hold their attention by adding a burlesque aspect. Having gruesome acts I think would help, as well as, maybe making the comedy whitty, but more adult.

I understand talent costs money. they had a Cirque show in the past (pandimonium I believe it was called) I thought it was pretty neat. Not horror related enough to me though.

I still want to see Bill and Ted take on other "slacker duos" such as Jay and Silent Bob and Wayne and Garth in a battle to the death for the show itself. Whoever wins gets the headline the show from then on out.

If you really want to have some fun, take a page from The Hanging. Create a classic "slasher" character to take over the show who can "kill" pop culture icons in ridiculously gruesome ways.

I think that would be really cool. Something different for a change.

Since it's horror nights - I would love to see something horror related. Let me be more specific..

Remember the Alfred Hitchcock tribute they used to have in the park? I used to LOVE that. I also love the Horror Makeup Show and was always confused as to why that wouldn't be running for sure during HHN. That being said - an idea along those lines - giving us Universal history of horror in a show form - even if they are using a bunch of video clips on a screen for half of it - would be amazing.

• Like 2

I watched B&T and RHPS for the first time last year. Always heard the shows while waiting in the queue but never really had any interest in sitting for 20 or so minutes when I could be edging closer to a house. I got guilted into it by the family and it was not as bad as I thought.

RHPS was tame, too many people that were there didn't understand that audience participation was vital to making a crappy movie tolerable. Plus it is not really family friendly, I saw the looks on some parents faces when the audience shouted the lines... Mortification and disbelief that the "F" word was being spoken out loud without someone getting in trouble, plus all of the sexual innuendo. I am surprised it came back in all honesty.

B&T was just sophomoric humor. Like a low rent Family Guy episode. I think it is a natural foil to the scares and intensity of the rest of HHN. Some people might need it as a come down after some houses.

I don't go to HHN for the shows. In my opinion, give that money to do another house or expand the scare zon... Street Experiences. Or do LT, hell, maybe take the website back to the levels of 2005-2010.