Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

This year on paper sounds fantastic minus the no shows fact, hopefully this isn't another 2013 and disappoint, even though by the end of last year, I thought the event was pretty good

I haven't been so let down with the event last year since 2010. I though the event was overall okay, but for Horror Nights quality, I expected more. I hope this year will really pull out all of the stops despite there being no shows.

Because we're getting two REALLY awesome creature-heavy houses, I can totally live with no Bill and Ted for one year. HHN could use a quality boost to be able to do AVP and AWiL in one year. Honestly, there wasn't really a lot of Bill and Ted material that would work this year anyway. NEXT year, there will be LOTS of movie material to do for Bill and Ted. I hope we see it back again by then.

As said above, I'm digging the weirdness. I have a good feeling about this year.

Last year sucked at first but my second trip was blazing hot, good ol fashioned goodness like I'm used to expecting from HHN. I just gotta remember that this year, not to fully judge it until gone at different ends of the spectrum of the month. It really does seem like 2 different Haunts, especially if you're lucky enough to see lots of changes.

I didn't get a chance to cast my farewells in the spec thread, but it was fun speculating and commenting on everything over the last couple months with you guys! It was fun for a first time!

Anyway, about this year, I'm really excited. I definitely am agreeing that everything feels really weird in terms of content variety, but I think that's pretty cool. I think it'll be really fun and interesting to see how everything comes together. I've never been a big fan of pop culture parody shows, especially at Halloween events, so I can't really say us having no shows is a bummer. It would be nice to have a magic or improv act or any interactive show that's themed for Halloween in the future maybe.

I can't decide my most anticipated house though. Fight to the death between werewolves and aliens, I think.

I'm looking forward to everything. You all are freaking me out though with the screaming about crowd control. D:

Crowd control should be fine. Technically, with an extra 2000 or more so people filtering through our extra maze every hour, capacity should be about same. My only worry is there's nowhere to rest our feet (while being entertained).

Edited by DTH316

Sooo i just booked my fol passes for Halloween night. this will be not only our first time to HHN but also first time to the US (and only night able to attend). I'm expecting it to be incredibly busy being Halloween itself (didn't mind spending extra for the passes). But we're incredibly excited! I'll be keeping an eye on the forum for all the tips and tricks on getting around the park and making the most out of our time!!

• Like 1

Crowd control should be fine. Technically, with an extra 2000 or more so people filtering through our extra maze every hour, capacity should be about same. My only worry is there's nowhere to rest our feet (while being entertained).

Idk about you, but I find it fun to just sit on a bench in the middle of a scarezone and watch people.

• Like 2

Same here got 2 FOL passes and this will be my first time going on Halloween night I don't know what to expect crowd wise but at least its not a Frequent Fear Pass night. Like always I wont regret dishing out the extra cash for the FOL when I look at the list of mazes during the night and see the 60+ minute waits. Just gonna be me and my girlfriend driving down 6 hours from Nor Cal cant wait!

Anyone care to shed some light on past experiences going on Halloween night?

Last time I went on Halloween was in 2007, so I doubt the 2 experiences will at all be similar. But this was my first time going, I was by myself, and I didn't get in until 10 and the park was closing at 12. I did TT, since that was the main attraction for me, then I ran down stairs to the 2 hour line for TCM. It turned into a 90 min wait, and the park's hours extended until 1. At 12:30, I ran back up the starway and F13 and NOES had no line. Then went to see the final B&T of the season at 1:10. Luckily did everything in 3 hours despite it being pretty crowded on Halloween and on a Thursday. But keep in mind, this is back when HHN was new, they only had 3 mazes, and it was much cheaper.

Same here got 2 FOL passes and this will be my first time going on Halloween night I don't know what to expect crowd wise but at least its not a Frequent Fear Pass night. Like always I wont regret dishing out the extra cash for the FOL when I look at the list of mazes during the night and see the 60+ minute waits. Just gonna be me and my girlfriend driving down 6 hours from Nor Cal cant wait!

Anyone care to shed some light on past experiences going on Halloween night?

I went in 2012 on Halloween night and surprisingly it wasn't really that packed. Here's my thought process and why that could be. 1. A lot of people have kids and do trick or treating

2. There's a lot of Halloween parties people go to halloween night.

Edited by RandomHHNGuy

Idk about you, but I find it fun to just sit on a bench in the middle of a scarezone and watch people.

Seconding this. The first night I went last year, my friends and I were waiting up in the Purge scarezone for one of our other friends who was working TT to get off from his maze host job so he could go through some mazes with us. It was very entertaining! People sure do some ridiculous things when they're scared-- even the literally stupidest things to do at a haunt. Like run. And hide in the gift shops like the scareactors aren't going to just wait outside for them...

Yesssssss, everyone go watch so WE CAN FINALLY TALK ABOUT IT!!

Hell, I'll go watch it again too.

Edited by splitsoul