Tickets, Pricing, and General Event Operation Questions

JDW

didn't some houses get closed when it rained before? I recall something like that

I remember going through something a loooooooooong time ago (like 2004) where we were walking through standing water and they then closed down the house after a crazy downpour. Don't know if they've ever closed anything for "rain"...but they have temporarily closed houses due to the flooding (and most likely electrocution concerns with the temporary power wiring).

As for how rain affects the event...BRING IT ON!!!! Being a cold weather person, I love the rain that cools you off and reduces the humidity. Locals with Frequent Fear passes run home and others run for cover. Best time to do the popular houses since the lines are greatly reduced!

• Like 1

Locals with Frequent Fear passes run home and others run for cover.

RUDE! Lmao but I would imagine they would shut down the sprung tent houses if it rains. The Soundstage houses have cover (I remember this from HHN 22 with Dead End queue) and there isn't a huge threat of flooding there. But the sprung tents are pretty out in the open. I don't want to have a soggy Halloween. Although we could go and hide on the porch! xD

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 1

RUDE! Lmao but I would imagine they would shut down the sprung tent houses if it rains. The Soundstage houses have cover (I remember this from HHN 22 with Dead End queue) and there isn't a huge threat of flooding there. But the sprung tents are pretty out in the open. I don't want to have a soggy Halloween. Although we could go and hide on the porch! xD

If I lived down the street and could come any day I wanted, I'd probably leave too. Ha ha ha.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember the queue for the Tents being closed before due to rain too...but the house I remember going through in water (only like 1/8 to 1/4 inch) I THINK was the Disaster queue. I'm not a die hard that remembers every house and it's location, but think it was around there and after leaving it, we took a ride on Jaws in the pouring rain. MIGHT have been the year Hurricane Floyd came trough in early Oct. We went to see Danzig at Hard Rock for part of the Blackest of the Black Tour (they gave us free tickets since nobody wanted to go) and then flew out from Orlando in the eye of the storm (passing through the eye wall in the plane was pretty damn scary).

We were in line for a tent once when they closed it and we had to make our way back to Universal but I think that was because someone puked and they were going to be cleaning it for a while :)

• Like 1

If I lived down the street and could come any day I wanted, I'd probably leave too. Ha ha ha.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember the queue for the Tents being closed before due to rain too...but the house I remember going through in water (only like 1/8 to 1/4 inch) I THINK was the Disaster queue. I'm not a die hard that remembers every house and it's location, but think it was around there and after leaving it, we took a ride on Jaws in the pouring rain. MIGHT have been the year Hurricane Floyd came trough in early Oct. We went to see Danzig at Hard Rock for part of the Blackest of the Black Tour (they gave us free tickets since nobody wanted to go) and then flew out from Orlando in the eye of the storm (passing through the eye wall in the plane was pretty damn scary).

We were in line for a tent once when they closed it and we had to make our way back to Universal but I think that was because someone puked and they were going to be cleaning it for a while :)

Tents are the only thing i could see being shut down due to rain. Its been raining a lot lately which is worrying me since I'm going opening night. Hope we don't get rained out...oh wait. Frequent fear :P

Which raises another question i had. With my Frequent Fear + Express, does that mean every night I go i have express of is it only one set of express? I'm still confused on that

Which raises another question i had. With my Frequent Fear + Express, does that mean every night I go i have express of is it only one set of express? I'm still confused on that

You get express for each house every night of the event for the first 3 weeks. So all 8 express the first night, all 8 the second, ...... all 8 the tenth.

You get express for each house every night of the event for the first 3 weeks. So all 8 express the first night, all 8 the second, ...... all 8 the tenth.

Thanks for the help guys. Pandry I'm pretty sure thats what he meant :P

That was my thinking but I wasn't too sure. That would have sucked if I only got one set of express O.o

can a person return a frequent fear ticket before the event starts? or after it starts but have never used it? how does that work? just made me wonder because i think i saw someone else ask that question but i cant find the post

Are you talking about getting a refund? If so you can't. all ticket sales are final.

But a pair of sunglasses and keep them on until you enter the house. Then take them off and you have no issues seeing. When the sun sets rent a locker by the exit and store them. Problem solved.

Tried it, it doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

I just have bad eyes.

As for rain, there is a reason I always carry an umbrella at the Event!

I also usually have a zip lock plastic bag for my smart phone, just in case.

• Like 1

I tried sunglasses as well, the entire day actually, even indoors I wouldn't take them out (before the event even started) it does not work at all.
Unless you can find extremely dark glasses it won't help (like, really really dark). But In the case of Dracula I found the darkness to make the house much much scarier. Dracula was one of the few houses that made me scream due to the darkness and not being able to see the actors coming out. I missed a lot of the detail but it experience was great.

Basically. Lol could try to sell it online or something if they're that desperate xD

it wouldn't work because it would have your name on it lol. I don't know where I saw it but someone else was asking that question and it just made me wonder about it

Hi everyone. I will be going to Orlando and will be getting the RoF w/express. We will only be at HHN for 10/3-10/4. I've only been to HHN Hollywood so I'm pretty unfamiliar with the park.

What route should we go to make the most of our time and express passes? Thanks.

I've been to Orlando a few times and Orlando's HHN a couple of times, so I can give you a simple header:

Get there early, and then go towards the back of the park. Basically, start with Ronake, and then go to Halloween and Dollhouse. They should all enter around where E.T. and Kidzone are. The sound stage houses up front are going to be hit first by the GP so you want to do those last.

I've been to Orlando a few times and Orlando's HHN a couple of times, so I can give you a simple header:

Get there early, and then go towards the back of the park. Basically, start with Ronake, and then go to Halloween and Dollhouse. They should all enter around where E.T. and Kidzone are. The sound stage houses up front are going to be hit first by the GP so you want to do those last.

Thanks Freak. I've heard there was a stay and scream option where you're let into the mazes early. Should I sill go to Roanoke/Halloween/Dollhouse first or do some of the SS houses.

Thanks Freak. I've heard there was a stay and scream option where you're let into the mazes early. Should I sill go to Roanoke/Halloween/Dollhouse first or do some of the SS houses.

They usually have two separate areas for stay and scream: 1. Let's you into Roanoke, Dollhouse, and Halloween early. 2. Let's you into some combination of SS houses.

Because you won't know which houses are your favorites, I'd start in the area that goes to SS houses because they will fill up the fastest. And once I finish those I'd walk over to Roanoke and work my way counter clockwise through the park .

The most important thing is to make sure that you DO NOT use your express passes for any lines shorter than 45 minutes unless you have been through that particular house once already that night. Also, once you've gone through all the houses once, you should take a break to grab something to eat and check out scare zones before you start round two on the houses using your express passes.

Edited by 4thdegree
  • Like 1