Tickets, Pricing, and General Event Operation Questions

JDW

Guest kiwisoup

Ok, well I had to call to get my pass information from guest service (i washed my pass so I need the number to login to the site).

I learned the following:

Rush of Fear with Express sells out the 2nd weekend of the event if at all. The guest services rep said that this is a year-to-year thing and largely depends on the initial response to the event. Apparently he has worked there for several years and never seen a sellout of Rush of Fear with express prior to weekend 2 of the event.

You can purchase up to six of any ticket type including FF or ROF passes per annual pass. Sorry to answer my own questions but I figure I would share the information straight from the horse's mouth since I spoke to a guest services rep.

Well Rush of Fear is only good for the first three weeks, so I hope people would buy them sooner than the third week they are valid for :-P

Well Rush of Fear is only good for the first three weeks, so I hope people would buy them sooner than the third week they are valid for :-P

haha true. My main concern was that they may sell out prior to the first weekend. That would be no bueno since I am in charge of taking four first timers to their first HHN weekend. *Sighs* if I could only go back and do it for the first time again!

The new houses/scare zones keep it fresh each year of course...but there is nothing like going through that first house not know what a haunted house at HHN feels like.

If I were to do the Finnegans early entry, are the mazes fully operational if we're let loose into the park at 5:45 or are all of the scareactors usually not ready by then ?

This year should go something like this:

AvP/Roanoke: 5:45 for Stay and Scream

FDTD/Dollhouse/(maybe)Giggles: 6:00, main gates open up.

(maybe)Giggles: 6:15 I don't know when the Disaster house opens.

Dracula/TWD: 6:30.

Streets will be populated at 6:30, though if Uni's staying true to the movie, no one should be "Purging" in NY til the siren at 7.

This is how it's been for a while so that's how it should go down.

• Like 1

Streets will be populated at 6:30, though if Uni's staying true to the movie, no one should be "Purging" in NY til the siren at 7.

Thanks so much!!!!! =]

I just want to add:

The AP party weekends should see Halloween opening earlier. (Along with earlier opening times for Roanoke and Dollhouse.)

They are stating early access to 3 houses for AP party people.

Guest kiwisoup

The last two years for me coming through the main entrance at 6pm was different...

For instance, last year every studio house was open...except Evil Dead's sign at the far end which said it opened at 6:30. I'm 100% sure Cabin in the Woods and Resident Evil were open AT 6pm...Perhaps American Werewolf in London was 6:15pm and it opened by the time I did the first two houses.

I don't know anything about the tents or parade building because that ways always been barricaded off till 6:30pm and by the time I've made it out of the last open studio house, it's exactly a few minutes till the barricade is removed so I head down there instead of toward the Disaster queue.

Edited by kiwisoup

Does anyone have a map of the house locations?

No official map yet, but speculation, permits and confirmation from Mike Aiello himself give us:

From Dusk Till Dawn: SS22, entrance next to Despicable Me

TWD: SS25, Entrance at Rockit Stage Plaza

AvP: SS24A, entrance at Twister

Dracula: SS24B, entrance at the end of NY where Evil Dead/Dead End/etc were

Giggles: Disaster Queue

Halloween: Tent 2, next to MiB

Dollhouse: Tent one, Kidzone

Roanoke: Parade Building, Kidzone

Although Gambit did make a damn good map somewhere in the discussion or speculation thread I believe.

Yes I was stating opening times excluding the AP party nights. On those nights for at least the past 5 years, Tent 1 (Dollhouse) and the Parade Building (Roanoke) open at 5, with Tent 2 (Halloween) at 5:45, sometimes a little earlier if they get it ready in time. Usually around 5:40.

I didn't know they barricaded the back 3 houses til 6:30...that's strange because they're always open before that even on non AP party nights. I know for a fact CitW opened at 6, AWiL at 5:45 for Stay and Scream and Evil Dead at 6:30 during normal event nights. RE opened at 6 at one point, but that was very early on in the event and then I believe they switched it to 6:30 for whatever reason. I'd need confirmation on that but I'm pretty solid it opened at 6:30. Honestly, I don't know why they don't just open ALL the houses when the gates open. It takes pressure off the 2 SSs that open alone for the first half hour of the event and the lines for the remaining 2 won't start at 20+ min before the house is even open, like ED did last year.

Edited by foREVer56

Guest kiwisoup

I didn't know they barricaded the back 3 houses til 6:30...that's strange because they're always open before that even on non AP party nights. I know for a fact CitW opened at 6, AWiL at 5:45 for Stay and Scream and Evil Dead at 6:30 during normal event nights. RE opened at 6 at one point, but that was very early on in the event and then I believe they switched it to 6:30 for whatever reason. I'd need confirmation on that but I'm pretty solid it opened at 6:30. Honestly, I don't know why they don't just open ALL the houses when the gates open. It takes pressure off the 2 SSs that open alone for the first half hour of the event and the lines for the remaining 2 won't start at 20+ min before the house is even open, like ED did last year.

The barricade I was referring too was not for the back thee houses, but for the tent and parade houses...the barricade was right near Hershel's barn last year...and I do usually go when it's still in September, so maybe they change the opening times later after that like you said.

Guest kiwisoup

I was just going through another thread and I see people referring to getting in at 6pm and heading straight toward the parade/tent houses. Am I crazy here? Did I coincidentally just go on days that were weird or something? The two times I've done early entry at 6pm it's been exactly the same: some studio houses open, some not till 6:30, barricade over by where hershel's barn was with team members checking wristbands before removing it at 6:30...

Also, do they ever put barricades in other areas, like maybe near where the other holding area is? I've never tried going that way before.

I guess I'm just looking for a concrete answer about how this whole barricade thing works and if it's a new thing or if they only do it some nights or something? I usually go end of September on a non-peak night so maybe that has something to do with it? I've literally never heard one other person mention these barricades and people seem to have no idea what I'm talking about but I know they were there because I got turned away!

Edited by kiwisoup

I was just going through another thread and I see people referring to getting in at 6pm and heading straight toward the parade/tent houses. Am I crazy here? Did I coincidentally just go on days that were weird or something? The two times I've done early entry at 6pm it's been exactly the same: some studio houses open, some not till 6:30, barricade over by where hershel's barn was with team members checking wristbands before removing it at 6:30...

Also, do they ever put barricades in other areas, like maybe near where the other holding area is? I've never tried going that way before.

I guess I'm just looking for a concrete answer about how this whole barricade thing works and if it's a new thing or if they only do it some nights or something? I usually go end of September on a non-peak night so maybe that has something to do with it? I've literally never heard one other person mention these barricades and people seem to have no idea what I'm talking about but I know they were there because I got turned away!

Not sure about barricades or if they used them last year, when I went to 21 and 22 our strategy was Hollywood Blvd to the tents and parade. Did not do S&S but we were right at the front of the gates when they let people in.

We'll be doing S&S this year but no express. I'll be looking for a touring plan soon.

I think they tried blocking the SSs til 6:30 a few times in 2012 and then tried blocking the tents and parade houses in 2013. Either way you could just go the long way to get to them. Both times they were only blocked off from one side. Normally there is no blockade as far as I know.

I think this year's new strategy should be to just open all the houses at 6 with the gates. I don't understand why they don't. There might be a legitimate reason and if so then obviously I get that, but if not they should just open them all at once to spread out the crowds at the opening rush.

Does any one have information on the AP nights? I already reserved my spot, but does anyone know the houses and how it runs? This is my first year doing the AP night but last year I did do Stay and Scream in which I only got to do one run of AWIL before people were let in. Does AP night run more smooth? Are there less people? Plus AP night is separated from stay and scream, right?

Does anyone know if they are going to have the the tickets where you can go into either IOA or the studios at 3 and stay until HHN starts? I know they had them last year, but I haven't seen anything listed on the ticket page yet.

I just read some of the earlier posts about the same topic... I really should have RTDF first.

Edited by peco1015

Does any one have information on the AP nights? I already reserved my spot, but does anyone know the houses and how it runs? This is my first year doing the AP night but last year I did do Stay and Scream in which I only got to do one run of AWIL before people were let in. Does AP night run more smooth? Are there less people? Plus AP night is separated from stay and scream, right?

AP night is separate from S&S. It's in the Kidzone and starts at 5. Roanoke and Dollhouse should both open at 5-5:10, then Halloween will open at 5:45 . You can line up for either Roanoke or Dollhouse starting at 4 instead of having a massive mob divebomb onto one house at the same time. There's a barricade blocking regular guests from going back there until at least 6 I believe. The longest you'd have to wait for any of the 3 houses at those times should be less than 20 min. If you get in line for Roanoke before 4:30, the longest you should wait once the house opens is 5 min. Same with Dollhouse.

• Like 1

Every year I use my annual pass to do the AP party then the stay and scream for the rest of the month (mainly to avoid the slow lines at the metal detectors). I was just wondering if they do the biometric fingerprint scans for the multi night event tickets such as Rush of Fear and Frequent Fear.

Does anyone know if they are going to have the the tickets where you can go into either IOA or the studios at 3 and stay until HHN starts? I know they had them last year, but I haven't seen anything listed on the ticket page yet.

I just read some of the earlier posts about the same topic... I really should have RTDF first.

The scream early ticket is usually a late addition to the site. I am getting nervous though, because I feel like it is usually on by now. I have been hitting up HHN on different form of social media for weeks, but haven't recieved an answer. Let's spam them for results!!!

Guest kiwisoup

The scream early ticket is usually a late addition to the site. I am getting nervous though, because I feel like it is usually on by now. I have been hitting up HHN on different form of social media for weeks, but haven't recieved an answer. Let's spam them for results!!!

What exactly is scream early again? I know I've heard of it but I forget exactly what it is and how early it is.

What exactly is scream early again? I know I've heard of it but I forget exactly what it is and how early it is.

The ticket that allows you to enter the park at 3 and then you get put in a holding area inside the park between the closing and opening. It's an amazing ticket and helps you get a jump start on everyone else.

Guest kiwisoup

The ticket that allows you to enter the park at 3 and then you get put in a holding area inside the park between the closing and opening. It's an amazing ticket and helps you get a jump start on everyone else.

So it's like Stay and Scream only you pay for it and you get a couple extra hours to do daytime stuff? You don't get to do HHN stuff any earlier than the 5:45pm that people in the holding areas without Scream Early, right? I already have daytime tickets so I'm assuming this is something that won't benefit me at all.