Tickets, Pricing, and General Event Operation Questions

JDW

Blizzrock13, are you referring to the at/after 4pm add on ticket? I purchased this style ticket in 2007. You could enter IOA at/after 4pm and receive an early crossover to HHN.

I'm unsure of what the ticket entails now (I got an AP in 08), but I believe it was offered last year.

I'm don't know if it will be offered this year though.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure, in the know, or anything else...but it's NOT a ticket you buy or anything and I'm pretty sure it will be in affect this year. Why? It has been every year I've gone. Basically, you go to Finnegans (and I think possibly somewhere near kiddie land) and they come around and X O'Clock and check for HHN tickets. If you have one, you get to stay and that's that. If not, it's time for you to leave the park. A bit later someone comes around with a mobile ticket scanner and scans your HHN ticket just to make sure you have the proper admission ticket.

HOWEVER....your message makes it sound like you think this is available to anybody without a valid Universal Ticket for the day...IT'S NOT. You have to be in the park, with a valid ticket, prior to it closing to take advantage of this.

The Add On Ticket you mentioned I think is just that if you don't have a HHN ticket, yet have a Universal ticket for the day, you can upgrade for like $40 - $60 (depending on the night) instead of paying $95ish for that one night. You can upgrade with an IOA ticket too...but that won't enable you to get into Universal to get the benefit.

I see you've attended before so sorry if I misunderstood your question or gave you a "treat me like an idiot" answer...but just trying to be as helpful as possible to anybody who reads this :)

Hi, thanks.

No worries on the "treat me like an idiot" answer, as you call it! If I seem ignorant on the matter it's because I've done FFP every year since 2007. I've never needed any other options, so I've never really paid attention to them. :) However, I moved out of state a few months ago, so FFP isn't nearly as practical. However, in 2006 I remember being able to enter Islands from 3-6 pm for something like $30-40. Around closing, we were able to enter USF through the Suess Landing employee entrance. Got into all of the soundstage houses before it seemed like crowds were coming in.

I had always thought that was called Stay and Scream, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

EDIT - Yep, mystiquphreeq, that's it!

Edited by Blizzrock13

Guess I'm the idiot as I knew there was a "last 3 hours in IOA option", but didn't know that entitled you to the early entry to HHN. Could have used that knowledge years ago (I think we bought individual nights the first 2 or 3 years...talk about flushing money down the toilet!). Rush of Fear is the greatest invention in the history of HHN in my opinion!

• Like 1

Guess I'm the idiot as I knew there was a "last 3 hours in IOA option", but didn't know that entitled you to the early entry to HHN. Could have used that knowledge years ago (I think we bought individual nights the first 2 or 3 years...talk about flushing money down the toilet!). Rush of Fear is the greatest invention in the history of HHN in my opinion!

I'm not sure if the early crossover is still possibly via IOA.

And I didn't remember it was 3pm. 7yrs later does that to me.

We entered IOA, had lunch/dinner at Confisco's, grabbed a quick drink at The Alchemy Bar, we then crossed over via Seuss and hung out in the Boneyard before the event officially opened. It was actually really awesome! Because we picked the perfect night to go. Crowds were small (this was a Saturday) and apparently everyone was doing S&S at Finn's. There were maybe 10 people waiting in the Boneyard and they had the Freddy house open. We went through it twice practically by ourselves.

^All of that just so I could say:

Is IOA crossover still happening? Blueman and Rockit were not there in 2007.

^All of that just so I could say:

Is IOA crossover still happening? Blueman and Rockit were not there in 2007.

They still have it. I know of people who did it last year and i saw the holding area walking into Cabin one night, though it seems they don't let you in until the main gates open, which is really stupid and not worth the trouble. Just do S&S, or stay in the holding pin at I Love Lucy and go right into FDTD.

• Like 1

The pass that enables you to enter the park at 3 and stay in the holding pen for horror nights is called "scream early" the last few years they have usually put the ticket on the site in September. I have been tweeting hhn to see if it will be available this year, but there hasn't been a response.

• Like 1

I really hope they still do the Scream Early ticket. I've been using that ticket option since 2010 and doing the crossover from IOA. 2012 was the first year that they ever held us back and let the rest of the park go. So last year we ending up doing UO and were in the holding area by Finnegans, it worked out much better. Got to do AWIL and Evil Dead within the first 20 mins.

• Like 1

I'm going to be staying at Cabana Bay Oct 1 through 5th. Some parks during the day and HHN (for me anyway) Thu through Sun for four nights. Looks like the best value I see is the MouseSavers unlimited ticket for the parks which will allow me access for up to 5 days while I'm there. And of course ROF without express. I'm not local so looking for the best park ticket options. The Unlimited for $200 seems to be the way to go. Am I off on this? Thanks.

Edited by georgemoe

Wow..never heard of Scream Early...but have used the IOA crossover probably the last 4 or 5 years I went.

Kinda sucks they don't do a better job promoting this stuff....but also super cool we have this site to share the info while keeping the General Public in the dark and keeping the lines short. Ha ha ha!

Edited by Oysterhead00

Can anyone confirm that the Seasonal AP works for signing up for the AP pre-opening events the first couple weekends? I have a regular AP but my husband has a Seasonal and we have people we're planning to bring in with us. Just want to make sure both our tickets will work to sign up.

Can anyone confirm that the Seasonal AP works for signing up for the AP pre-opening events the first couple weekends? I have a regular AP but my husband has a Seasonal and we have people we're planning to bring in with us. Just want to make sure both our tickets will work to sign up.

I believe it was only Preferred and Premier Passholders who could sign up for the AP Party last year.

I believe it was only Preferred and Premier Passholders who could sign up for the AP Party last year.

Thank you. I thought it might be, I just couldn't remember for sure. Haven't had an AP in a few years. We'll figure something out. :)

Scream Early was definitely available last year, my family and I used it to get into Uni at 3:00 PM. We were actually able to ride Transformers and then go to the holding area. It was about $25 bucks if I am not mistaken. I am hoping this option becomes available as we get closer to October!

Guest kiwisoup

So just to summarize all the ways to get into the park for HHN....

1. General admission which advertises 6:30pm but lets people in around 6pm with access to some of the closer studio houses before the official opening and your access is blocked off going right toward Kidzone.

2. Being inside the park during daytime hours then staying in the holding area near Finnegans or KidZone, which scans your ticket, gives you a bracelet, then let's people loose at 5:45pm

3. Admission via Islands of Adventure via a secret entrance between the two which lets you in the same time as general admission but might not have as long lines

Questions: Is that all the ways to gain entrance and can it still be confirmed that #3 is still happening? Also, is the side entrance by Blue Man Group open at all during HHN? I've been there three times before 6:30 and all three times it was the scenario I described in #1...do they ever mix it up?

Edited by kiwisoup

So...new questions...

This will be my fourth year attending the event (sometimes listening to you guys talking about the "good ol' days" makes me wish I had gone sooner...although I have enjoyed myself quite a bit each year).

Typically I purchase my Rush of Fear with Express pass in early September with no issue. This year due to financial reasons I will have to wait until the week the event starts :(

Historically speaking, do these passes ever sell out prior to the first weekend? The Express option is an absolute must for me. I am just curious if I am pushing it by waiting that long. I know you all can't give me a definite answer one way or the other but feedback/opinions would be welcome..

Separate question:

Can AP holders use their discount to purchase Rush of Fear with Express pass for their friends? I have four other people who want to go and I would like to give them my discount if possible. Thanks in advance for all of the information/help!

Ok, well I had to call to get my pass information from guest service (i washed my pass so I need the number to login to the site).

I learned the following:

Rush of Fear with Express sells out the 2nd weekend of the event if at all. The guest services rep said that this is a year-to-year thing and largely depends on the initial response to the event. Apparently he has worked there for several years and never seen a sellout of Rush of Fear with express prior to weekend 2 of the event.

You can purchase up to six of any ticket type including FF or ROF passes per annual pass. Sorry to answer my own questions but I figure I would share the information straight from the horse's mouth since I spoke to a guest services rep.

From the Southwest and will be on an Orlando vacation (for the first time) in October. Unfortunately, I only have one night to attend the event (Sunday, Oct 5th). As of last night, there were only a few RIP tickets for the night we are attending. Will the Express Pass give us the ability to take in most of the attractions and enjoy the scenery if RIP is unavailable? I am very familiar with Hollywood's event and will be using VIP again for the fourth year in a row; just not sure how it compares with HHN-O. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edited by AsylumSB

You can definately see everything in one night with express (rides, shows, and houses). Most of the time you can even do a lot of the houses twice. It does make it easier if the event is open til 2 but still can be done when it closes at 12.

Edited by Tony
  • Like 1

You can definately see everything in one night with express (rides, shows, and houses). Most of the time you can even do a lot of the houses twice. It does make it easier if the event is open til 2 but still can be done when it closes at 12.

Awesome, Tony! Appreciate the response and look forward the HHN - Orlando style!