Tickets, Pricing, and General Event Operation Questions

JDW

So it's like Stay and Scream only you pay for it and you get a couple extra hours to do daytime stuff? You don't get to do HHN stuff any earlier than the 5:45pm that people in the holding areas without Scream Early, right? I already have daytime tickets so I'm assuming this is something that won't benefit me at all.

Correct. Same as stay and scream except you only get a couple hours in the park vs the whole day. It's great for locals that just want to pay a little extra to beat the crowds.

Every year I use my annual pass to do the AP party then the stay and scream for the rest of the month (mainly to avoid the slow lines at the metal detectors). I was just wondering if they do the biometric fingerprint scans for the multi night event tickets such as Rush of Fear and Frequent Fear.

Most of the time they do scan. Sometimes they will open the middle gates when it gets hectic and just use the little kiosk to manually scan your ticket. That has happened once or twice to me. But they mainly rely on the normal ticket process.

Then again, I rarely go unless it's early entry to the AP party which is a completely different route.

On AP party nights they block off the Parade and Tents until 6:30pm, correct? My inlaws are heading there opening weekend, they have Stay and Scream, and they want to know the best plan of attack that won't tire them out so I am trying to figure out where to send them first (I am thinking AvP and then have them head over to the Kidzone area since I know it will take them a while to walk there anyways).

On AP party nights they block off the Parade and Tents until 6:30pm, correct? My inlaws are heading there opening weekend, they have Stay and Scream, and they want to know the best plan of attack that won't tire them out so I am trying to figure out where to send them first (I am thinking AvP and then have them head over to the Kidzone area since I know it will take them a while to walk there anyways).

AvP-TWD-Dracula-Giggles-Halloween-Roanoke-Dollhouse, then eat/relax/do a show or 2 then do FDTD and any repeats they want. That'd be my plan opening weekend if they want to do everything once and maybe a few others twice because you get AvP with Stay and Scream, TWD is right next door and will have 0 wait, same with Dracula and Giggles, and the tents and parade houses take a very long time to fill up the first two weekends (even when TWD was back there last year), so they'll have shorter waits through 8-8:30 as well. FDTD will most likely fill up immediately as it's about 50 feet from the front gates so it's the first thing anyone will see. But the waittimes for the house in that spot drop to 30 or less later in the night.

Guest kiwisoup

Oh, is that what determines when they block off that area? I guess that makes sense now...is there a way to know which nights are AP without being an AP holder? Just so I can have a better plan of attack for the night...

How does AP nights effect crowd flow and wait times?

It affects very little, honestly. Usually everyone in the AP Party lines up for the Parade Building house first at 5 and it'll at most a 20 min wait then. Then the crowd flocks to the first tent, which also doesn't get above 20. Then at 5:45, the second tent opens and half of the group goes to that house and the other half disperses around the event. And by the time anyone from the main gates could possibly get to any of those 3 houses, all 3 houses will be under a 5 min wait. Stay and Scream does more damage to the SSs than the AP party does to any part of the event imo. On the busiest nights, the SS house open for S&S can be at a 30 min wait before the main gates even open.

So my strategy for Sept 19th (S&S) and Sept 20th (non S&S) should be...

19th: SS Houses > Tent Houses > Giggles > Show > Rides > Second House Runs

20th: Tent Houses > Show > Giggles > Rides > Scare Zones > SS Houses

Goal is to hit each house at least twice, see both shows, ride each ride, and spend a decent amount of time exploring scare zones.

Edited by Tich0las

I do not know if you are doing the AP party or what time you are arriving at the park, but be warned that both nights you are going have an AP party so the Parade building and tent houses will not be open to the GP until 6:30.

Correct. Based on foREVer56's comment, S&S will allow me to do the SS houses, then move over to the tent houses by 6:30 on Sept. 19th. On the 20th, I will be entering through the on-site hotel entrance around 6 (having dinner with family at City Walk before hand). That'll allow me to scoot right on over to the Tent Houses. If I show up earlier, I bet I could hit one or two of the SS houses that open at 6.

BTW, do we have a firm schedule of house opening times, including the schedule for S&S and the AP event?

Edited by Tich0las

I usually go on the second Friday that HHN is open, but this year I'm going on the 19th (the first one). How long do the lines usually get to be on the first night(s)?

Based on everything I've read, before 8 PM, the lines are 30 minutes tops. Between 8 and 10 PM, they get to 45-60 min. Then, around 11, they dip back down to 20 min max.

HHN opening night vets: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

This is probably an easy question to answer but can you refund and/or upgrade a ticket? Someone in charge of buying the tickets in my group bought just the first weekend deal for Opening night, but something came up and I'm trying to purchase a ROF pass. Is it possible to upgrade/exchange/refund tickets?

This is probably an easy question to answer but can you refund and/or upgrade a ticket? Someone in charge of buying the tickets in my group bought just the first weekend deal for Opening night, but something came up and I'm trying to purchase a ROF pass. Is it possible to upgrade/exchange/refund tickets?

Yes, just call customer services and they will just have you pay the difference. I have had to do this this year, so I know it is possible.

From what I've heard (and limited experience in a different situation) if you call this early, they should be able to fix whatever you want. Waiting until you show up at the ticket window is usually pretty successful too...but can be a time consuming pain in the @$$. If you call ASAP, they should be very helpful in upgrading/swapping tickets. No clue about full refunds though...I'd assume that would be more of a hassle.

This will be my 4th year going to HHN but I would like to offer some advice to people who buy Express passes. I see it every year and it upsets me. An express pass you can only use one time for each house and ride. If the wait is 30 mins or lower, wait it out and save that pass. I tried to stop a group from using it on CitW and they literally gave me the middle finger, later that night i saw them going through it again in the stand by line, i think the wait was 180 or something crazy like that. Moral of the story, don't be dumb with your express. With great power comes great responsibility xD

• Like 2

I still can't decide if I want RoF with or without express for opening weekend. I've been told one way or the other by various HHN experts. Some say it's a waste of money, other's say it's worth it. I would love to get away with not spending the extra money. However, I hate waiting longer than 20 minutes in line for any attraction. Maybe I should go without on Friday, and decide if I want one for Saturday night?

I still can't decide if I want RoF with or without express for opening weekend. I've been told one way or the other by various HHN experts. Some say it's a waste of money, other's say it's worth it. I would love to get away with not spending the extra money. However, I hate waiting longer than 20 minutes in line for any attraction. Maybe I should go without on Friday, and decide if I want one for Saturday night?

If you can't stand waiting (like me), I would get express. Usually during a night without express, you would get through 4 or 5 houses and that's it. But you're getting RoF so it ultimately depends on how many nights you'll be going. If more than 3 nights I wouldn't bother with an express pass. My thoughts on the subject. I hope this helps somewhat. :P