HHNH 2014: Most Anticipated Maze

Antici....pation  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most anticipated maze this year?

• The Walking Dead: The End of the Line
    • From Dusk Till Dawn
    • Face Off: In the Flesh
    • AVP: Alien vs. Predator
    • Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
    • American Werewolf in London
    • Clowns 3D: Music by Slash

1. AWIL - The movie will always have a special place in my heart, so this will always take preference over everything else. Orlando did a kick ass job with it, and hopefully HW will do it just as good or better.

2. AVP - I've always enjoyed both Aliens and Predator, and I think overall the maze can be pretty badass...even though it's pretty much following the second AVP film.

3. FDTD - I'm very intruiged to see how this will be pulled off, I love the first movie and there's a chance this can be good...even though it's based of the series which is crap.

4. Clowns 3D - Even though the name of this maze is incredibly generic and lacks any character (unless we wanna' call Slash a character), I have a feeling this will be good. Twisted clowns in a ice cream factory seems quite fitting.

5. TWD - While chances are this'll be highly detailed and good, I'm just not excited for a third round of this compared to the other mazes. (Though there's good reasons why I'm ranking this higher then the last two.)

6. Dracula - I will firmly admit, I'm not bothered by the theme. In fact, I'm rather intruiged to see how it turns out. So why is it ranked so low? Simple, the venue. We've yet to see if the venue is really a good venue for mazes. An' considering this is a theme that'll call for big sets, I don't know how well that'll work with the way the venue is.

7. Face Off - While I do enjoy Face Off, it's really hard getting excited for any HoH overlay, especially if it's chock full of dubstep. Though none the less I'm happy this is the last of HoH since it's always been a thorn in HHN's side.

Now for scarezones, if I had to pick the most anticipated...Dark Christmas. However, I catagorize the scare zones as followed...

Dark Christmas & Skullz = Krampus and Wendigos? Didn't you learn anything from La Llorona that some themes have more potential as a maze then a scare zone?

The Purge and TWD = Decent scarezones from last year that'll still be decent this year since not much will have changed whatsoever.

Mask-a-Raid = A theme which I can see working as a scare zone, especially if they add in elaborate theming to fit the th-*Was tailored specifically to French Street so they don't have to do too much for general theming.* Welp, so much for that thought.

For the record, I do want to eat crow scare-zone wise.

For me:

1. AWiL: After hearing all the positive feedback from the Orlando crowd and even Landis himself, I can say without a doubt this will be the highlight of the night.

2. AvP: Although Requiem wasn't a great movie (or so I hear) it should translate well into an awesome maze.

3. Walking Dead: I loved the 2012 and 2013 versions, this year should be great as well.

4. FDTD: I like the whole Mayan-Mexican vibe this has. I've never seen the show or the movie, only clips, so I should be surprised by what's inside.

5. Clowns 3D: 3D mazes are always fun, but not necessarily scary. That's fine with me though.

6. Dracula: Meh. There's not much else to say but... meh.

7. Face Off: It's House of Horrors.

Scarezones:

Dark Christmas: While I'm not exactly "excited" I'm certainly intrigued.

Everything else is equal here for me.

So I decided to do some statistics cause I was bored. The chart above isn't a completely accurate representation of our most anticipated maze to least anticipated. So I went through everyone's response, giving everyone's #1 option, 6 points, all the way down to giving 0 points to the least anticipated option. I then found the average amount of points each maze got, divided it by 6 which is the perfect average the maze could get, and came up with a percentage. Remember, a low percentage does not mean it's not anticipated at all, it just means it's less anticipated than the maze above it on the list. Also, only 56.8% of the people who voted above actually wrote out their most to least anticipated mazes. So the more people that do that, the more accurate this can get. Here are my results of what the forum's average chart would look like.

1. An American Werewolf in London - 85.7%

2. Alien Vs. Predator - 81%

3. Clowns 3D - 48.4%

4. The Walking Dead: End of the Line - 46.8%

5. From Dusk Til Dawn - 46%

6. Dracula Untold - 24.6%

7. Face Off - 12.7%

Edited by JGmoney1996

Wow. I guess the one or two people who aren't anticipating AVP as one or two and put it at the bottom of the list really hurt its chances of being number1. Not fair, just because its a sci fi property and the movie sucks doesn't mean the maze won't be good.

However, pretty much everyone put AWIL in their top 2 at least, so I suppose it belongs at number 1.

But also keep in mind, more people will vote instead of commenting.

Edited by DTH316

Wow. I guess the one or two people who aren't anticipating AVP as one or two and put it at the bottom of the list really hurt its chances of being number1. Not fair, just because its a sci fi property and the movie sucks doesn't mean the maze won't be good.

However, pretty much everyone put AWIL in their top 2 at least, so I suppose it belongs at number 1.

But also keep in mind, more people will vote instead of commenting.

I also did the same test but took out the bottom outlier and the top outlier. I thought that could bring AvP to the top, but I got the same results (Same order, but TWD and FDTD actually tied), just the difference wasn't as big. Still my personal most anticipated though.

Edited by JGmoney1996

Here's my list.

Clowns 3D- I really love our originals and especially really excited for this one because it's not based on slashs music. He made kt for the maze which is going to be great.

AVP- I really want to see the sets. As much as I didn't think the movie was scary, I'm sure I'll jump if they pop out on me haha

AWIL- I really wana see those puppets and the detail.

FDTD- hmmm I hated it at first but now excited because I literally know nothing of what to expect snd haven't seen the show.

TWD- I don't like the show, but I have to admit the mazes have been pretty good.

Dracula- idk I just feel like it's going to be weird, but hopefully I'm wrong

FaceOff- as much as I love the characters and want to see them, I just have it as least anticipated because it's in HOH and nothing is going to be new.

side note: I personally think that Dracula Untold and Faceoff should have switched venues. Dracula is perfect for HOH and FaceOff in Parisian would be perfect and would be another Original basically.

1. AVP

2. AWIL - Kind of goes without saying why these are at the top.

3. Dracula - This one will be the sleeper hit of the year. No one will have seen the movie so it will basically be another original maze based around Dracula killing/torturing people in medieval dungeons. Sounds pretty cool to me.

4. FDTD - I think this one will have some really cool environments. The temple/ruins sounds awesome.

5. Clowns - This one should be fun but I'm not a fan of 3D mazes. Would prefer it without the glasses but it sounds like it could be cool. I like the story behind it.

6. Walking Dead - As much as I did enjoy the last two I'm just not excited at all for this one. This season of the show bored me and while I'm sure the house won't be horrible I don't see anything being cooler than expected here.

7. Face Off - Just going to be normal house of horrors with a few extra scareactors in the face off outfits thrown in for good measure. Meh.

1. AWIL- great movie with a lot of maze material.

2. AVP- not too great of a movie itself but the two creatures in one maze should be great.

3. FDTD- big fan of the show, not a lot of maze material seen through my eyes so I can't wait to see what Murdy does with it.

4. Clowns 3D- murdys originals always turn out to be scary and one of the best mazes. Especially El Cucuy and La llarona

5. Walking Dead- big fan of the show, but not excited for the threepeat

6. Dracula Untold- we don't need 2 vampire mazes in one year but this could be a surprise hit because nobody knows what's in it.

7. Face Off- another stupid not scary HOH wub wub overlay.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed my most anticipated maze for each year since 2012 just so happens to always be in the overflow JP queue.

2012: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Saw is the Law

2013: Insidious: Into the Further

2014: An American Werewolf in London

Well see if this continues in 2015 maybe if The Conjuring takes up that spot with a house facade.