Most Anticipated House/Scarezone of HHN24

foREVer56

Most Anticipated House/Scarezone of HHN24  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Most Anticipated House of HHN24?

• From Dusk Till Dawn
    • The Walking Dead: End of the Line
    • AVP: Alien vs. Predator
    • Dracula Untold: Reign in Blood
    • Giggles & Gore, Inc.
    • Halloween
    • Dollhouse of the Damned
    • Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
  2. 2. What is your Most Anticipated Scarezone of HHN24?

• Purge: Anarchy
    • Bayou of Blood
    • FaceOff: In the Flesh
    • MASKerade: Unstitched

I'm finally going to experience HHNO this year after being a Hollywood attendee for the last 7years! I'm so excited to see how different it is. =]

1.) Roanoke - I've always been fascinated with the legend of the Wendigo and thought it would make for a great maze. No haunt I've attended in LA has done it yet, so I'm extremely excited to see Orlando's creative teams take - especially since I've heard the original mazes there are fantastic most of the time! I also think it's really cool they're using historical events and altering it in a demented way.

2.) Dollhouse of the Damned - The name sounds really generic however dolls creep me out A LOT and I've never experienced a truly eerie doll maze (only doll maze I've been through was Doll Factory at KSF which was really cool, just not scary.)

3.) Halloween - Hollywood's version is one of my favorite mazes of ALL TIME, and I'm not even a huge Michael Myers fan. That's how good the maze was, and many of you have said this is a huge passion project for Orlando's team so I can't even imagine how insane this maze will be. The facade alone looks massive !

4.) Alien V Predator - The two most iconic aliens in movie history in one maze.

5.) The Walking Dead - I'm a huge fan of the show and although I'm not very excited for it's 3rd year back, the way Mike described their version got me really stoked since it's Orlando's largest maze ever apparently.

6.) Giggles & Gore Inc. - I don't find clowns scary like a lot of other people do but I think they're really cool. Plus, the concept behind this maze sounds awesome, I can't wait to see the final rooms with the clowns that are too evil to be around the rest.

7.) FDTD - I'm halfway through the series on Netflix and I think it's pretty enjoyable. I know a couple members here said it was terrible but I'd say the acting, effects and overall entertainment of the show is really good. I like the movie as well so I think this can be a fun maze.

8.) WHAT THE F$&@ Universal? I know you want to promote the movie but do you really think a maze is gonna make me want to go see the movie ? WRONG. I think the trailer looked good and I already was going to see the movie, especially since Uni employees will be getting a free screening but it doesn't look like it's focused on the horror aspect of Dracula. Plus we already have another vampire maze why have two? Yes I know they're not the same type of creatures but still.... Ridiculous.

Houses:

1) Dollhouse of the Damned: Um...DOLLS! I'm going to die.

2) AVP: Tbh, the movie is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely love it.

3) Halloween: Do I need to explain this?

4) FDTD: Very curious about this one.

5) Giggles & Gore: Funny house...maybe?!

6) Roanoke: Another interesting one, don't know what to expect.

7) TWD: WHY? It's not the bottom for 2 reasons: double the normal house size and the amount of detail replicated from the show.

8) Dracula: Movie is not out yet. Based on trailer, I'm really not expecting much.

Zones:

1) Purge: Have not seen the movies yet! My expectations are high because I can see scareactors having fun with this area.

2) MASK: I imagine this zone being very eerie.

3) Bayou: Voodoo!

4) FACE off: Costumes/masks may be amazing but I'm sure about the scare factor.

I don't remember ever having this poll on here and have one house have 0 votes for most anticipated, let alone 2 O.o very peculiar. I'm looking forward to all of them honestly, just unsure of FDTD and Dracula.

As of now (which has been the pattern since day 1), AvP, Halloween, and Roanoke seem to be the top 3 most anticipated this year with nothing else coming really close to their vote tallies.

• Like 1

My most expected house & scarezones from best to worst.

1- HALLOWEEN (my fav movie of all time along with AWIL and dead silence)

2- AVP (Giant predators + AWIL style Aliens = fuck yea!!)

3- Roanoke (STOKED beyond imagination for this one, reminds me of nightingales)

4- Dracula (im hoping its as good as 2009's,)

5- Giggles (first clown house since 2007!)

6- TWD (biggest house ever intrigues me..)

7- Dollhouse (hopefully its similar to Chucky or something)

8- FDTD (show sucked ass in my opinion so eh...)

1- Purge (i visited the other day and the props and area are HUGE. so excited!)

2- Maskerade (i love scarezones with dark storylines like this, should be fun!)

3- Bayou (central park area zones never disappoint, so we'll see..)

4- Face Off (i only hope this zone is like 7 from 2011.)

Overall im pretty much excited for all of the houses and zones, but we'll see opening night.

• Like 1

Houses:

1)Halloween- Awesome movie(s) and it's a classic

2)Dracula Untold- I want to see everyone's face who is doubting this house when the event opens

3)AvP- loved the movie and it's a badass idea for a house

4)Roanoke- I love history and any house with ties to history

5)Giggles- it's been a while since we've seen a clown house

6)Dollhouse- reminds me of Cindy and dolls are creepy

7)FDTD- meh, movie was good and show was okay

8)TWD- yea, it's cool that it's going to be big but I'm kinda getting sick of the whole zombies thing

Zones:

1)Purge- I'm a fan of the movies and... Chainsaws. How could you go wrong?

2)Bayou- can't wait to see the shack and we haven't seen Voodoo in a very long time

3)Face Off- I enjoy the show and the unique characters

4)Maskerade- cool idea but it seems like the smallest zone

Houses:

Halloween - One of my top three horror films/franchises of all time. I don't know how many of you understand the power of this film from an analytical POV, but just the way the façade is set up proves that this is a passion project. (They're replicating the exact shot that the film opens with, setting aside the extremely difficult nature of the shot, the entire scene sets up and symbolizes the sexual and psychological struggle that is the fundamental basis for the entire film and all of the slasher films that were to follow.) Anyway, I can't explain how excited I am and I will write a love letter to the entire team if they can cleverly use the design of the house/rooms to continue to carry out the deeper battle that is going on within Michael. (If they don't do it, I'll be sad but still amazed by the house.

FDTD - I grew up watching this movie and I recently watched the series on Netflix, started off slow but by the 4th or 5th episode, it picked up and got much better. So, despite not being based on the movie, this as close as I'll ever to come to living in my second favorite vampire film ever (Nosferatu is #1) and I'm ecstatic about it despite everyone else hating on it.

AvP - As if xenomorphs alone wouldn't make me giddy, predators too!?! It's truly just a dream IP, with the promise of the puppet work from AWiL last year, this house is sure to be amazing.

DotD - I'm not ESPECIALLY scared of dolls, but those tiny, inanimate people are really creepy. Interested to see how the people being turned into dolls turns out aesthetically.

G&G - Not scared of clowns at all BUT my first hhn was 2000 (I was 6 and haven't missed a year since) so I love walking through clown houses. Plus it'll be neat to see them in a setting other than the typical circus or funhouse that everyone does.

Roanoke - I do not know the ins and outs of the myth/tale(s) of the Wendigo so that is why this is so low but the description has me veryyyy interested and I am pumped to come face to face with the same beasts as the first colonists of America.

TWD - Only gets the nudge over Dracula because of its extreme size, plus whisperings of multiple paths.... Whether or not I'm crazy about this house, I'll be going through multiple times to try to venture down all the paths and experience every scare. Praying that the trend of them improving the TWD house each year continues.

Dracula - Unlike a lot of people, I'm actually convinced this house will be great and it'll end up being ranked around fourth on everyone's list of best houses (I'm just not as excited about it as others.) The setting is classic, the monster is classic, so I can't see how this house could turn out bad.

Scare Zone:

Bayou - With this "Mamba" guy trying to bring blood into the bayou with his (rumored to be) very gory ritual at the altar, this zone seems to exude the horror and gore that this year is so full of. Plus it's gonna be quite large (given it's location) and they're going to candles in the trees (like the lanterns) There is not a single bad thing about this scare zone.

Purge - The movie lends itself perfectly to a scare zone, it's perfect to be in New York and it's HUGE and has loads of props (all the little stickers and signs on the cars and things about the purge and "NFF" really shows the attention to detail that makes hhn special.) Oh and I'm excited to see what the deal is with the auction thing they're going to do.

Face/off - Really just can't wait to stare at the makeup in this zone, should be great to just stroll through and gawk at the scareactors.

Maskerade - Looks like it'll be good, curious to see if/what they add to the zone to finish off the props and I wanna see the final effect of the chandelier overhead. Also, the potential for the costumes/makeup is really promising

Houses

1. Halloween - Love the JC films (as much as I love Rob Zombie) and there is so much that can be done with this. Nostalgia city! :P

2. AvP - Not a huge fan of the movies that have come out (except the Alien movies) but love the concept and that it will be an original story. Puppetry. 'nough said

3. From Dusk Till Dawn - Love the movie and love the series (not sure why everyone is hating on it) great concept and scenery.

4. Roanoke - Love the concept and the amount of directions they can take this. Most anticipated original maze.

5. Dollhouse - B list horror movie name. Kind of excited but unclear what's going on in it. Dolls are creepy so this house will do just fine.

6. Dracula - Love Dracula and origin stories. But not a lot is known about it. I'm sure this will be a great house, will be higher in my review after going into the house.

7. Giggles & Gore - Phobia of clowns but will go through the house for all of you guys :P Other than that, I'm sure this will be a good house.

8. TWD - *sighs* Need i say more? I can't stand the show anymore and I'm sick of seeing it at HHN. They're beating a dead horse.

Scarezones: These are all very close, all great

1. Purge - Not a fan of the movies but this will make a great scarezone. Perfect place to hold this, it would also go great in Hollywood Blvd.

2. Bayou - Voodoo just intrigues me for some strange reason. Plus a human sacrifice every hour, can't beat that? :P

3. Masquerade - Fan of the concept, looks and sounds like a great zone.

4. Face Off - Seems a bit spastic but I feel its going to be the same as 7 was in 2011. 5 different areas inside of the zone so its not a cluster****

Message me if you have comments or want to debate me about this i guess xP

• Like 1

My most anticipated

Houses

1. AVP- I'm pumped for this maze. I love the concept (based on what I saw on a video of the media event) and the awesomeness of seeing the Xenomorphs in a maze.

2. Halloween - Love the movies, looking forward to see this maze in action.

3. Roanoke - The concept and kinda historical aspect has it put up high on my anticipated list.

4. Dollhouse of the Damned -Concept intrigues me. Have some hope for some good scares.

5. Dracula - The Dracula house from 09 blew me away. So this one is mid tier for me.

6. From Dusk Til Dawn - Have not seen the show or anything (will rectify that soon). So I'm not sure what to expect.

7. The Walking Dead - I like walking dead, but 3rd year in a row isn't needed. That said it can still impress me.

8. Giggles & Gore- I love clowns, But seeing and hearing on how this maze is really small gets me down.

Scarezones

1. Purge - I liked the first movie, have not seen the second one. But the sheer size of this zone puts it high on my list.

2. Masquerade unstitched - I love a good 18th century ball. This one I'm looking forward to.

3. Bayou of blood- I'm intrested to see the human sacrifice every hour

4. Face Off - I love watching Face Off, but this seems to be like more dull 7 scare zone. I will hold off my judgement on this one til I see it.

Not looking forward to ANY IP house this year-mostly looking forward to the originals.

Faceoff is going to be a fun scarezone

I'm excited to see the bayou scarezone since I'm also going to hallo weekends and kings island halloween event both in ohio-both having a bayou scarezone so I will have some direct comparisons

Also forgot to add-

I have a feeling we will see at the very least one more scare zone pop up-at the exit of disaster I would not be surprised if they put out a "clowns" style scare zone as this area is almost always used for a scare zone anyways + that house is so short.