Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

In defense of the facehuggers, the only reason you can see the scareactor is because you're watching a night vision video. That scareactor is actually wearing all black in a black room. The light is on the window, so in real life it looks like facehugger is legitimately attacking the window.

Yet another reason why you can't judge a house by its video.

To be honest their facehuggers being controlled by people is Way better than ours. Their movement is more organic and smooth, An Actor knows when to scare you and how to hit the glass at the right moment. In the Dark they would probably scare me a lot if the timing was right (meaning the scare was meant for me)

Our Facehuggers could never be as scary, The automatic huggers feel too obvious, Im not hating on the house, Im just saying theirs are a lot better

• Like 1

Those are the same earplugs Universal has provided for years. They're the cheap, foam, disposable ones (that are super comfortable. I love them). You're just noticing them now. Every scareactor in a house is required to wear them. I'm fairly certain zones are required to wear them as well (especially chainsaws).

They're not mandatory, but they provide literally boxes of them and encourage all actors to wear them. I declined to in AWIL because my rolling and head slamming in the Transforming David role loosened them up too much and I preferred to maintain full hearing. The only time I wore them was when I controlled the Underground puppet, as the impossibly loud speakers were right next to me and I damn near deafened myself with them; combine that with the strobes and the fog machine dumping blinding amounts of smoke into the scene (I think they ran out of house fog and had to start using the thicker street stuff as a substitute), and you've got a hell of a sensory overload.

That said, later in the run they began restricting actors to one set of plugs per night.

They're not mandatory, but they provide literally boxes of them and encourage all actors to wear them. I declined to in AWIL because my rolling and head slamming in the Transforming David role loosened them up too much and I preferred to maintain full hearing. The only time I wore them was when I controlled the Underground puppet, as the impossibly loud speakers were right next to me and I damn near deafened myself with them; combine that with the strobes and the fog machine dumping blinding amounts of smoke into the scene (I think they ran out of house fog and had to start using the thicker street stuff as a substitute), and you've got a hell of a sensory overload.

That said, later in the run they began restricting actors to one set of plugs per night.

They're optional? In 2010 the ASMs for both tents a parade would do checks before nearly every set. Maybe Universal finally lowered the volume to something other than "Ruptured Eardrums."

They're optional? In 2010 the ASMs for both tents a parade would do checks before nearly every set. Maybe Universal finally lowered the volume to something other than "Ruptured Eardrums."

proper training is mandatory. Plugs are provided and it is heavily suggested that we wear them but the choice is ultimately ours. However, if we choose not to wear them, we are aware of the

Possible hearing loss consequences. That said, I've got a speaker sitting at my feet and I can promise you, the volume has not been lowered.

Edited by Michaelz

So Mystique pointed out to me today they are vying for TWD a 4th year.

2qxyqlv.jpg

97tqqe.jpg

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It's the 25th anniversary and they want to bring this PILE OF SHIT BACK??? OH MY GOD!!

Sorry for the foul language.. I am just enraged. How do I take this survey?

• Like 1

the nerve of these people... the worst part about it is that most people will beg them to bring it back

after doing the street experiences and the mega house, what's the next level? laser tag? will they give us guns to shoot the walkers? I can't imagine how they can top the house from this year

Edited by clash

the nerve of these people... the worst part about it is that most people will beg them to bring it back

after doing the street experiences and the mega house, what's the next level? laser tag? will they give us guns to shoot the walkers? I can't imagine how they can top the house from this year

They will make every single house TWD related. All the streets will be TWD. The parking lot will be TWD. They will go Oprah with TWD...shit DON'T READ THIS MIKE!

• Like 1

I think they'll open up a third theme park based on TWD. The only food is "human" legs and giant vats of chocolate pudding, and there will be horse-riding exhibits and archery ranges. There would even be a rollercoaster where every other seat is occupied by a walker!

• Like 1

Everyone would get off the roller coaster at TWD theme park complaining about how much they hated it, how it was just another roller coaster and not original, how it wasn't scary, and how they wished Universal would build a new original ride in its place. But then everyone would then get right back in line to go on it again.

• Like 4

Maybe they will just completely overload IoA with TWD. Houses, SZ's, everything. Let all of the Walking Dead mega fans hang over there.

• Like 2

Maybe they will just completely overload IoA with TWD. Houses, SZ's, everything. Let all of the Walking Dead mega fans hang over there.

I could only wish this to be true. They can have there house in the Carnage Warehouse and make Universal a safe zone or some shit. I don't want to see TWD anymore but it is a huge cash cow for them so it will probably come back in some shape or form. Hopefully not the main selling point like the past 3 years.

Honestly wouldn't mind this. The people who want two parks will get what they want technically. People who want Walking Dead back (GP) get what they want. People who didn't want Walking Dead back don't have to see it, technically what they wanted.

• Like 1

proper training is mandatory. Plugs are provided and it is heavily suggested that we wear them but the choice is ultimately ours. However, if we choose not to wear them, we are aware of the

Possible hearing loss consequences. That said, I've got a speaker sitting at my feet and I can promise you, the volume has not been lowered.

I actually got them to lower the Transforming David volume in AWIL last year after the first rehearsal. Beyond being painfully loud, it overpowered "Blue Moon" and even partially negated Jack's e-prompt across from me from the sheer noise.

I think you were making a joke but this would actually be perfect. Seriously do the 2 park event again and fill IOA with walking dead. Houses, Scarezones, a walking dead stage Show.

Yeah I Am ALL for that, leave the studios alone and focus all the walking dead Attention on filling Islands.

Here's an idea.

Universal not advertise the zombie show of a rival network and instead do a house based on "Z Nation" instead. It's still a generic zombie house, but at least it realizes how stupid zombies are. That, and they can have DJ Qualls do the queue video "from Northern Lights."

• Like 2

Here's an idea.

Universal not advertise the zombie show of a rival network and instead do a house based on "Z Nation" instead. It's still a generic zombie house, but at least it realizes how stupid zombies are. That, and they can have DJ Qualls do the queue video "from Northern Lights."

Or a Zombieland house :P And Universal does have close ties with SyFy they said so that could work

Or a Zombieland house :P And Universal does have close ties with SyFy they said so that could work

It's more than close ties. SyFy is managed by the NBC/Universal arm of Comcast. In other words, Universal owns SyFy.

If Z-Nation gets a second season, I could definitely see the house happening in lieu of TWD.

So, if you don't like TWD at HHN, WATCH Z NATION!!!

• Like 1