Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I played games with the Dogs of War cast too, though.

I brought a small stuffed dachshund the "wiener dog of war" which got handed around the house... with much barking, until it was returned near the end.

Timeout used to grab that pup in his mouth and shake it.

I don't know what happened in Penn and Teller.

As soon as Catacombs was revealed, the HHN web community dubbed it "Cats and Combs." Since no one knew what would really be in it at the time, the joke was that it would have a bunch of cats with glorious hair. With that, people started taking stuffed cats in to the house and combing them for the Plague Doctors.

Now, the cast knew exactly what was going on, so we played along. It started with simply petting the cats as they came through. We would stay in character, our characters just liked cats since we had been trapped underground for centuries and hadn't seen felines in such a long time (it's completely logical). Then we took it a bit too far and started stealing the cats and passing them through the house. Most of us recognized which cat belonged to which guest, so we could steal a cat at the beginning of the house and it would be returned towards the end of the house. All the cats got returned except one... the one in mid-travail when we got caught by the coordinator.

We crossed a line. Deep down, we knew it. We got so focused on the cats we were willing to leave our boo holes to pass them on. Leaving boo holes is a bad thing (unless there is a good reason like you're injured or reporting something). But like I said, at least Hades didn't win.

What an amusing and great story, Legacy.. Thanks for taking the time to pass that on. Really. I love shit like this.

• Like 2

I played games with the Dogs of War cast too, though.

I brought a small stuffed dachshund the "wiener dog of war" which got handed around the house... with much barking, until it was returned near the end.

Timeout used to grab that pup in his mouth and shake it.

So what your saying is... never mind...

What's up with the final announcement? Are they going to wait until next week? I really just need to hear Halloween is coming.

Just like I thought, Halloween is Resident Evil. The last "surprise" reveal after all other mazes have already been revealed. I would say reveal mid next week & full site reveal by week's end at the latest.

I know a lot of people seem to not like the ips at the event, but honestly I don't mind them at all. I just really don't like all the ips being shared. What made last year cool was we had Awil and cabin and Hollywood didn't. Same as them having insidious and black Sabbath. It made the events unique in there own way and I truly hope next year we can only share 1-2 ips if we have any at all. Cause 4 is just a bit much imo but really 6 if we count the purge and each of our face off experiences.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people seem to not like the ips at the event, but honestly I don't mind them at all. I just really don't like all the ips being shared. What made last year cool was we had Awil and cabin and Hollywood didn't. Same as them having insidious and black Sabbath. It made the events unique in there own way and I truly hope next year we can only share 1-2 ips if we have any at all. Cause 4 is just a bit much imo but really 6 if we count the purge and each of our face off experiences.

but it makes more sense for them to do it that way. if they got a property, why not use it on both sides?

i actually dont mind LT getting cut if we get better stuff in the park. or that the website is so bare-bones

Honestly, if LT this year would be like LT last year, I'd rather that money be spent on houses/SZ's instead. As much fun as running around the park for no reason other than to get virtual points that don't mean anything is...

• Like 6