Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

This year sounds really great so far! Its really hard to tell if we will have a suckish house this year! Im beyond happy that the unique and diverse scarezones are back!! But the back-half of the park will be a total dead zone which is sad... This year reminds me a lot off HHN 22 (not saying the houses at HHN 24 will suck like most of 2012 houses) but the fact that there is not really a theme or icon its more of just a variety of different/random things. Even the 24 logo is similar to the 22 logo. Overall Im excited for this year. NOT thrilled with the return of TWD but it being the LARGEST house is pretty awesome. FDTD..I dont find slutty vampires very scary so im not sure about that one. AVP sounds like an awesome action packed gore fest! Dracula could end up being a phenomenal house. Roanoke I can tell is already a favorite of mine. Giggles & Gore Im hoping for a Jack cameo. Dolls of the damned will probably be very creepy and twisted but I think the house name is boring. And Halloween well is just awesome.

Most Anticipated Houses to Least Anticipated:

1) Halloween

2) Roanoke-Cannibal Colony

3) Giggles & Gore Inc.

4) Alien vs. Predator

5) Dollhouse of the Damned

6) Dracula Untold- Reign of Blood

7) Walking Dead- End of the line

8) From Dusk till Dawn

This years house line up blows last years out of the water in my opinion. Two absolute dream houses in Halloween and AVP. Three really awesome original houses that all have potential to be amazing. And some other solid IPs that I think will surprise us. Plus scarezones are back!

• Like 1

To the folks "in the know" are we to expect anything from Legendary truth? Their facebook page has gone cold, the website no longer allows the games to be played. They did not update the website to HHN24experience. . . Is the project dead for this year?

Is anyone else disappointed that there's only four street experiences? They all seem great, but after the last few years I was really hoping for at least six unique themed scare zones, they are what sets the tone for the entire event! I would like to assume that beyond the four there may be some extras like a CDT or whatnot, any rumors on that?

yeah I am disappointed in the street stuff as well. Maybe this year will be great but 4 sounds very small. There will a lot of dead space again.

people loved to hate on the street stuff in 2012 but at least the park had 8 groups, What might happen this year is that people might complain about the empty streets and they might try to add some more actors just like they did in previews years. I could see them trying to add some actors with random costumes again around the back of the park

It is like they never learn. They keep cutting on the streets only to have to half ass something later during the event.

Edited by clash

To the folks "in the know" are we to expect anything from Legendary truth? Their facebook page has gone cold, the website no longer allows the games to be played. They did not update the website to HHN24experience. . . Is the project dead for this year?

I would not expect LT this year. Unless something drastic happens... again... It's dead in the water (at least for this year)

Don't give up hope yet. I have a feeling not everthing is quite cut and dry yet. Streets should be getting the love they deserve.

• Like 3

Don't give up hope yet. I have a feeling not everthing is quite cut and dry yet. Streets should be getting the love they deserve.

Agreed, it really does sound like the scare zones are returning to the more elaborate setups of the past. I don't care there's only four, if they end up as elaborate as things have been teased, then that'll be a nice improvement regardless.

• Like 1

I feel this is almost like easing back into scarezones with different stories, after doing two years of not doing that. The reason there's only four, I feel as they may be saving quite a few good ideas for the 25TH Aniv. Who knows, maybe the Geisha zone we lost this year may get it's dues next year.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

I don't know... Without too much imagination, I can see someone taking certain clues implying a geisha and it turning out to be the Purge auction. In both cases, we have a show being performed for the wealthy. People are also paying for this entertainment.

What do you think Mike is talking about when he says, "We are all gonna have some fun this year"? This just the Halloween announcement, or additional scarezone info too?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I feel this is almost like easing back into scarezones with different stories, after doing two years of not doing that. The reason there's only four, I feel as they may be saving quite a few good ideas for the 25TH Aniv. Who knows, maybe the Geisha zone we lost this year may get it's dues next year.

I heard it was due to the budget cuts. That's why I am being kind of pessimistic about it.

Exactly, there are a lot of cool elements in the streets this year and I cannot remember any year where they just left Kid's zone to SF empty (OK OK 2007 :P).

They will put something back there. I would think if they don't do some cool Clown deal with some props they are missing an oppertunity I mean they have props just lying around from the bizzare's of the past. It could be like a mini Midway of the Bizzare... And everyone loved Midway. Still just clowns like they've done with zombies in the past would be fine.

They also have the area by HP in front for potential, both sides of the bride have been used, Kid zone/animal actors. I'm sure everything won't be empty.

• Like 2

what? lol, that's really interesting because of what I read somewhere else haha.

Well in the HHN info game, nothing is 100% until it happens. I really hate passing on wrong info, but it does happen from time to time. However, when I hear it from several sources I typically take it for true. It doesn't mean it is always right, and sometimes things get misunderstood and passed along wrong too.

For example, as Cassi can painfully tell you I'm sure, early reports said the clowns were steampunk. That does not seem to be the case but it's an industrial setting. I assume she just assumed and drew? had drawn? the steampunk clown hint she gave. I don't know though she disappeared.

But I've heard a few details about streets that seem to back it up. I've heard nothing of budget cuts this year... unless LT was cut because they were focusing the money elsewhere. I can't honestly say.

• Like 1

I'm sure everything won't be empty.

I agree. Leaving areas empty would just be a waste of props and space. The way I see it, after last year, they really stepped up the street experience in the way it filled the park up, except this year, there are no zombies. That being said, I have a feeling we may see areas that might not be "scarezones", but most likely scenes and such as we have seen done before.