Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Is anyone else disappointed that there's only four street experiences? They all seem great, but after the last few years I was really hoping for at least six unique themed scare zones, they are what sets the tone for the entire event! I would like to assume that beyond the four there may be some extras like a CDT or whatnot, any rumors on that?

A fascinating and diverse year...

Here's my thoughts:

The Walking Dead: Kind of disappointed that this came back but it seems promising as a mega house.

From Dusk Till Dawn: a cool idea to use for a house so it seems like it could be great.

AVP: This is looking to be an amazing house. Can't wait to see this.

Dracula Untold: I feel they could have done a better property or original instead of this. Meh.

Halloween: If this maze is anything like Hollywood's maze in 09 it will be amazing. Excited to see Orlando's take on this IP.

Dollhouse of the Damned: Great idea for a house. Dolls are creepy so I'm excited to see this.

Giggles & Gore Inc: I'm not afraid of clowns so I'm not really excited for this. Will be looking for cameos though.

Roanoke Cannibal Colony: Don't know what to expect from this but it seems promising.

Most Anticipated to Least:

AVP

Halloween

Dollhouse of the Damned

Roanoke Cannibal Colony

The Walking Dead

From Dusk Till Dawn

Giggles & Gore Inc

Dracula Untold

• Like 1

Is anyone else disappointed that there's only four street experiences? They all seem great, but after the last few years I was really hoping for at least six unique themed scare zones, they are what sets the tone for the entire event! I would like to assume that beyond the four there may be some extras like a CDT or whatnot, any rumors on that?

Saws are most likely in The Purge scarezone and there was at one time a rumor that the clown house may have an unofficial clowns with saws scarezone.

Edit: Also, this year seems like it may be the year of gore. I mean the potentially gory houses so far are: TWD, FDTD, AvP, Giggles and Gore Inc., and Roanoke. Add to that MASKerade and Bayou of Blood and it sounds like this may be a gorefest.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 2

Im really hoping the houses are less lit than they have been in the past few years. During my first few years of the event the majoirty of the houses were really dark and it really added to the event for me. But I've noticed in the past three years houses have been significantly lighter ( Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Walking Dead, and pretty much all of HHN 21) the houses were too bright and personally it took away from the event.

It all depends on saftey codes. In 2012 things changed and they rquired more light. I know in some houses this year we have at least some partial celings so maybe they did again. I agree though it needs to be dark.

• Like 2

It all depnds on saftey codes. In 2012 things changed and they rquired more light. I know in some houses this year we have at least some partial celings so maybe they did again. I agree though it needs to be dark.

Can I agree and disagree?

I like the darker houses because there was more of the unexpected about them, but then you get the finale scene from La Llorona last year where you could not see that she was being dragged under by children's skeletons (or at least, my wife and I did not see it until the lights on tour).

I'm not generally a fan of gore either. However, the dolls and clowns are scary and creepy on their own - so adding gore to it, for me, is like ordering the salad dressing on the side - it's there but not the real focus. With that thought, I don't mind the added gore so much.

I'm thrilled by this lineup - it has a pretty good variation about it even with two vampire houses (and I'm huge vampire fan). I was initially pissed off when they said TWD would be back AGAIN, but I'm so over it now. At least this year, they are going to make it something huge and INTERESTING. My biggest complaint was losing our scare zones to a god-awful TWD "street experience" - let me say again, that was a total bucket of suck. However, we get our scare zones back, and I've been doing my happy dance since.

I'm so curious to see how these all play out.. it's hard to say which house may be the turd in the punch bowl this year.

• Like 1

I think it would be a bit of a waste with the 25TH Anniversary next year. I wouldn't mind, but it would just be weird to just have Icons in there unannounced (at this time).

Yes But they did Put Jack and the Caretaker in Cabin in the Woods unannounced . I just figure Cameos may be likely

Edited by Mattkind

So far, I can think of a bunch of highlights that I'll be looking forward to.

1. The recreation of the grocery store/helicopter scene from TWD.

2. The Xenomorph and Face Grabber puppets.

3. I'm looking forward to not being disappointed from the Dracula Untold house.

4. Hopefully a giant Wendigo at the end of the Colony house.

5. A truck with a gatling gun (Big Daddy) in the Purge scare zone.

6. Pretty much whatever I see in Sting Alley.

7. My girlfriend jumping in the doll house.

8. The FDTD facade.

9. Someone being sacrificed in the Bayou scare zone.

And probably most of all...

10. Standing in front of the Myers house with the Halloween music playing in the background.

• Like 5

Like they haven't brought those characters back 100 times before. What's the difference if they bring them this year or for next. Besides not that we know what they'll be doing next year anyways. That doll house seems to stand out for me tho, they gotta play Mr Sandman, and the Halloween 3 tv song as well.

Solid house line-up on paper. Would like something--anything--more thematic in the back half of the park. Sounds like you can walk from Richters around to Central Park without seeing anything Halloween-related other than queue entrances. Walkway in front of London too narrow for a SZ I guess, but it would be nice to have something in the MiB/Coke Refreshenator area. Or ideally some Treehouse of Terror elements in Springfield if I'm dreaming.

• Like 1