Halloween Horror Nights 31 Speculation

Here’s the full lineup, and the best the thing about it is the Pumpkin Lord is coming back in the Horrors of Halloween scarezone, which finally makes him the icon of the year (At least from our point of view)! #HHN #HHN31 #HHNForever #HHNatHome

https://www.insideuniversal.net/2022/08/universal-orlando-announces-full-lineup-for-halloween-horror-nights-31/

Edited by Fear2010
  • Thanks 1

It’s so overwhelming in such an awesome way right off the bat. Everything from the zones, names, logos, and descriptions sounds way better than we’ve expected, making it hard for me to to set up my own hype list from top to bottom - all of them are awesome! 

The logos and names for the original houses are also really good too that are very exciting and intriguing. That might to be a tough one to set a hype list for myself too. 

The name and logo for Lagoon show sounds interesting, and hopefully way better than the last two. 

What a ride this year was. All the speculation I’ve been doing was an honor. Got everything ready for my return to Orlando at Universal for HHN on opening night like last year.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Here are my final thoughts of Halloween Horror Nights 31 before the event begins next month on Labor Day weekend. 

Legends Collide: Since the Bride of Frankenstein was so good last year, I’m loving how A&D plays with the scenarios they throw the Monsters into and how they could do it. I think it’s gonna be like a fun crossover between the 2019 Monsters house and Icons from last year. With this being located at the original parade building, not only you’ll get big and tall sets, but also lines up some possibilities of an arena scene with the Wolfman, Dracula, and Mummy fighting against each other. 

Halloween (2021): Like last year with the Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween is getting the soundstage treatment that it deserves. If they could recreate the intensity as the best one from the franchise in previous years of the event similarly or close as possible, then it could be good. Seeing Michael Myers back at HHN for the 31st year is a very touché addition. 

Horror of Blumhouse 3: Though there are a couple of strong IP’s, one of them might be too repetitive in execution that’s not much to pull from it outside. If they end the house with a team-up assault with the characters from Freaky and the Black Phone, then a crossover scene would make a good ending of this house. 

The Weeknd: He may be one of the most divisive additions for this year, but the dude has ALOT to offer other than his music and videos that are pooling on the table. I’ve also been hearing he took some inspirations from Non-Horror films for this house. Daniel Craig better have his own Easter egg.

Bugs Eaten Alive: I’m assuming this house will take place in Carey, Ohio with some tongue-in-cheek humor cause of the 50’s vibes like Leave It To Cleaver, and The Future House concept is actually nice twist on a basic line like it was inspired by Disneyland’s House of The Future in Tomorrowland. Though it’s an original concept, it's the closest we could get that is based on a classic movie The Fly.

Fiesta De Chupacabras: I find it interesting they labeled the village as “Latin America” instead of Mexico or maybe not only that country to represent the Spanish-speaking countries. I’m hoping this house brings in the authenticity of the village ambiguously like one of the creative developers - who is a latino - from A&D promised.

Spirits of the Coven: They actually had a witch scarezone from 2010 called the Coven, and not only it’s back as a house, it’ll take place during the 1920’s. If it doesn’t set at one of the colonial states, then maybe it will set at New Orleans, Louisiana. The flapper elements and scenes were really good in Cases Files last year, so I guess they wanted to do it again on a bigger scale.

Hellblock Horror: I’m loving this concept! Though, it sounds like it could have been there last year, but It’s basically Hellgate meets Cabin In The Woods as a fun crossover idea. They’ll even throw in some Easter Eggs too. I think they’re gonna randomize the characters every night with the largest groups of casts ever with lots of swapping as a “Hold My Beer!” response to Legends Collide and last year’s Icons. 

Descendants of Destruction: If it’s gritty as Seeds of Extinction, then it should be good. The New York setting, broken subway trains, and the architecture of the station could lead to some crazy scares if well executed. It seriously seems to feel like one of the most grounded themed houses they've ever done. Though I do enjoy campy horror yet this house sure does look like if it was supposed to be there in 29 but never made it. 

Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake: I actually expected it to take place on the Seaside Shores of Alaska, but the New England states works though. As for the change from “Wharf” to “Pier” on the title, then I’m guessing it’s due to some sort of copyright/legal concern that made Universal nervous. Wharfs and Piers are also kinda two different things despite being located on the seasides.

Graveyard: Deadly Unrest: I’m loving how this zone is an ambitious take on the Graveyard theme by putting some sort of story or concept other than throwing in all the zombies, ghosts, and Grim Reapers for the sake of it. The details of the pitch sounds really good.

Conjure The Dark: This one sounds more interesting than what I was expecting. It looks like we're seeing the Celtic origins of Halloween, so it should hit the beats as much as it could with the witches pulling the strings. Very intrigued with this one, and the stage awesomely looks what the Terra Queen coulda have in Gorewood last year.

Scarecrow: Cursed Soil: Though, it’s a zone, but it should secretly be an 11th house with a newly built barn we could walk through and a Harvest of the Soul vibe. Are they growing any crops again for this? 

Sweet Revenge: This is gonna be the closest Willy Wonka theme we could get at the event, and it’s clearly a comedy zone. The concept is ridiculous but sounds hilariously unusual and fun. I just hope we could get some nice, sweet candy scents as a distraction to get some scares. 

Horrors of Halloween: I am so glad the Pumpkin Lord - and Lil Boo - is back with his own zone as not only a continuation of the Wicked Growth, but also as a soft-icon like Bone was in 27. Very excited for the strictures of the zone. All hail the great and mighty Pumpkin Lord.

Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire: It was a  good show, and I’m expecting it to be a more intense experience other than just adding more pyro effects to offer something different as possible, so it won't be too much like its debut year.

Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale: I really find this interesting what they’re doing with the Lagoon right now rather than throwing in a shuffle of IP’s like the last two years, and this should be the best. Some guests may want them to incorporate The Weeknd’s music, but I prefer to be its own thing.

Overall: It’s looking a lot like a slight callback to the previous years of HHN, and maybe last year marked as the next era of the event. The original concepts now took the total house number a little not just once but twice, and there are also no IP scarezones this year too. Hopefully with the ongoing pandemic fading out slowly, we shouldn’t be seeing any aspects of it again.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1

I guess I should do my hype list too. 

10. The Horrors of Blumhouse(I’m cautiously optimistic about this one)

9. The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare(I feel this has a lot of potential)

8. Hellblock Horror(The synopsis reminds me of the bloodbath in The Cabin In the Woods, which is one of my favourite movies and a house I wish I got to do from the past)

7. Descendants of Destruction(Have no idea if this is a Seeds sequel, but the setting and idea of feral and mutant humans sounds neat. Potential for scariest house)

6. Halloween(Excited to experience the original but I do have some concerns)

5. Fiesta De Chupacabras(I love the idea of the chupacabras and villagers trying to kill you. High potential for gore house)

4. Spirits of the Coven(I love witches in horror and Halloween, and I’m excited for this one)

3. Universal Monsters: Legends Collide(I love the Monsters houses so they’re gonna get me hyped every time)

2. Bugs Eaten Alive(I love the concept, and I’m excited to see everyone around me terrified lol. I’ve wanted this concept for a few years now)

1. Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake(I’ve watched numerous videos of Dead Man’s Wharf and this is the number one scarezone from the past I wish I got to experience. I’m beyond excited to experience the house version and I’m expecting this to have some of the best set designs)

5. Conjure the Dark(Cautiously optimistic. I love witches but this scarezone location can get quite crowded and the selfie crowd could become a problem)

4. Scarecrow: Curse Soil(I expect a lot of scares in this zone and I like that there’s apparently gonna be a barn type setting)

3. Horrors of Halloween(Pumpkin Lord, Lil Boo and traditional Halloween stuff? Sign me up)

2. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest(Okay, I love graveyard and cemetery settings so visually, I’m gonna be pleased. Just hoping the execution is great)

1. Sweet Revenge(Super excited for this one. Gives me Leave It To Cleaver and Psychoscareapy: Unleashed vibes based on the synopsis and the different photos of the zone. Fingers crossed that Major Sweets candy will be available for purchase in the tribute store)

Halloween Nightmare Fuel: Wildfire(Didn’t attend the show last year but I’m curious of this year’s show. I’m pretty sure I’ll get to see it on my R.I.P. Tour)

Ghoulish: A Halloween Tale(Very very excited for this show. I loved both Marathon of Mayhem shows so I’m hoping it lives up to them)

• Like 1

With the event coming, let’s give out our best advices for each other. Try to go early with an Express pass at one of the lockdown areas in the park, and just keep your head down to hit the houses for the first hour or so for a productive night to slow down and take a night at an unhurried and relaxed pace. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1

I mean, the best advice I have is something my party tried last year. Stay n Scream with express passes. We ran like five houses the first night without express and came back to them later on with express passes. 

for those who like going to Diagon Alley, go during HHN, as it’s kind of empty depending on the day. 

• Like 1

The tribute store will feature a cemetery, so I’m hoping the tombstones will have gravemarkers of past attractions that are no longer at the Universal parks like Bill & Ted, Earthquake/Disaster, The original Kong ride, Jaws, Back To Future, and Dueling Dragons as tributes - I’d be so happy if they do it for the nostalgia. 

• Thanks 1

If there’s one thing I want Universal to do during the event the most is to use Animal Actors as a queue or a waiting area. It’s the perfect spot to be at that attraction in case of raining, especially the need to thin out the amount of guests who are attending for HHN. I noticed last year on opening night was the Beetlejuice queue filled the entire central park viewing, and this could be crowded again with the Weeknd, but bigger.

• Like 2

Well this is something good to hear. Every night, the event will end at 2am other than on weekends. This was recently confirmed on Orlando’s Twitter pages. Could be a double-edged sword cause you might be able to hit all the attractions on some of the weekdays but this would also be more closer to be crowded as the weekends.

• Like 1

Oh, nice! That’s always great to hear the event running as late as possible, especially for us HHN addicts lol. RIP Tour Podcast on their twitter released some pics they took at the park today of the food stands and their menus. A lot of the dishes sound tasty and I am so so happy that Leave It To Cleaver has a food booth going on. 

• Like 1

Since we’re about to see big demands for the Weeknd, I’m hopefully expecting all the queuing space they can get. I think it looks like Bugs will go into what was previously the MIB tent entrance/exit where (S)Carey was at, and then coil around the MIB Show Building. The other tent might enter at the same location, but the flip-flopping shifted to where the express queue for the north tent would have been. 

Could improve the exit too, since they can use the old house entrance as an exit. It may require more walking, but it’s better than standing still stiffly like a board in a switchback, and maybe no bottlenecks near the Coke building.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, Fear2010 said:

If there’s one thing I want Universal to do during the event the most is to use Animal Actors as a queue or a waiting area. It’s the perfect spot to be at that attraction in case of raining, especially the need to thin out the amount of guests who are attending for HHN. I noticed last year on opening night was the Beetlejuice queue filled the entire central park viewing, and this could be crowded again with the Weeknd, but bigger.

It'll probably be the same as last year. Legends Collide in Central Park and The Weeknd in the Animal Actors shelter. The queue route for The Weeknd is supposed to be different compared to past B108 houses. Your wish might come true as they may decide to use the Animal Actors bleachers to accommodate The Weeknd crowds during Stay and Scream. 

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 1

Not surprised The Weeknd isn’t on any of the tours. Usually one IP isn’t. My party is doing 3 house tour and while I am excited to do Halloween, Coven, and Chupacabras, I am sad that I don’t get to see Dead Man’s Pier on the 3 house. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I figured that too, and even if it was, then it would probably be like last year with Haunting of the Hill House where they let guests take photos of the facade, and that was it. I’m guessing this was The Weeknd’s choice, so he could reduce the spoilers online as possible. 

Despite one IP house being omitted, it’s still a really good three to six hour tour lineup.

• Like 1