Halloween Horror Nights 31 Speculation

Might be in the minority here, but I kinda want the Horror Makeup Show to open during the event with an “amped up” version, and they could still stick to the current schedule every 45 minutes minutes, starting at 6:30 and running up to ten shows. The only problem is that the attraction is too small for the HHN crowd, and could fill up way too quickly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They could bring back the Treaks and Foons scarezone from 02 in Springfield to blend in the cartoony aesthetic like at Toon Lagoon even if they made their skins yellow as a reference to the Simpsons, it would still make an awesome extra zone. 

• Like 1

I’ve noticed most people think a full dump announcement has been delayed due to another IP coming, but the ship has been sailed with a total of four again. We could say it was a while ago if Evil Dead was happening again like previously rumored cause we woulda gotten it already by now, but it’s way too late. 

The rest of houses are originals for the full dump announcement soon. We’re not late at all. Last year, August 11th was the full dump announcement, and this will be no different similarly tomorrow. We can’t really say one was delayed or late cause right after the last announcement, the speculation is over until next year. Just get yourself ready to go and enjoy the event.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Funny how everyone on social media complained about the Walking Dead coming back over and over again - which was understandable - when still they’re either expecting for Stranger Things to come back again or complaining that it’s been absent from the event for too long. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Same here. The Monsters are to Universal is what the Princesses are to Disney cause many of them are based on literature that are in the public domain, and you could do anything by retaking and reintroducing them. I kinda got my scratching why they never had a Renaissance era with expansive additions of newer characters on the lineup. 

• Like 1

Well alrighty, nothing today. Fingers crossed for the drop tomorrow. If no drop tomorrow, then I have no idea when it’ll happen. Oh yeah, and the food booths and new scarezone sets look really really cool. The rumored Candy Mutants and Vampire scarezones are looking like they could be my favs this year. 

• Like 1

Didn’t they dropped a new commercial for this year’s event everywhere including on television broadcast? As for the scarezones, I’m actually looking forward to Candy Mutants the most cause it’s sounds ridiculous yet an unusual idea as a comedy zone. Makes me wonder if the zone is either an X-Men parody or leans towards on the traditional Halloween vibes. 

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I'm imagining that the Major Sweets candy is turning the locals into, like, grotesque and warped mutants with candy themes, like some people become children of the candy corn, some become warhead warriors, some turn into Zagnut Zombies

I could be wrong and they're merely turning kids into Ghouls but I like the idea of candy monsters

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

They better figure out how they could the spread the sweet candy scent in the NY zone area. That would make a perfect addition for it like icing on a cake. 

Here’s something I wanna ask y’all: Do you guys know what the theme of Descendants of Destruction could possibly be. The first word of the house title makes me think of a punk band from the 80’s called the Descendants which was founded by one of the drummers from Black Flag.

• Like 1

Actually looked up the word “descendant” with my own dictionary, and found a couple of definitions. Know the first one, but unsurprisingly, it’s more than that. 

1. A person, plant, or animal that is descended from a particular ancestor. 

2. A machine, artifact, system, etc., that has developed from an earlier, more rudimentary version. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

The first Sprung Tent house with a Subway facade is Descendants of Destruction that was formally called Underground Creatures, and it could take place in New York City. If it’s related to Seeds of Extinction, then I’m guessing it’s either a prequel or a spin-off. Could revolved around the survivors of the meteor strike from the Seeds by being underground at the time of it in the Subways, Sewers or even some Bunkers, and have been thriving for years without going above the ground to the plants that took over after the strike. Does that eventually mean they’re evolving to living in dark conditions and becoming more like creatures similar to the monsters from the decent? Whether if I’m right or wrong about this, then the title of that house makes a lot of sense cause they’re literally the Descendants of the survivors from the meteor strike, and the plants from the seeds that have been thriving down there the whole time. This could very be the backstory of the house, and it actually sounds awesome if it was. Can’t wait to see some gator puppets in the sewers!

• Love 1

Yeah, it has a good shot of winning the “House of the Year” title, since Descendants of Destruction has a type of name that sounds hard enough to understand what the theme is and what types of characters they’ll fill in for an average attendee to understand.

• Like 1