Halloween Horror Nights 31 Speculation

Not at all excited about the possibility of Nope replacing The Evil Dead. Other than The Evil Dead being one of my favourite horror films and franchises, I’m not sold on the trailers for Nope. I’ll gladly take a sixth original but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nope was the replacement. 

It’s possible we may get only four IP houses again like last year, and we shouldn’t be surprised at all about it. Insiders have been saying for sometime that a replacement for Evil Dead will likely be an original concept in a matter of time. We’re about less than two months from the beginning of HHN, and less than a month from rehearsals. They must’ve lost it a few weeks ago, which gives them a couple of months or less to change over the house. If the marketing team/A&D doesn’t think there’s an IP worth losing two or three weeks of negotiations to procure, then it should be worth the time to retheme it into an original concept. 

Nope is a Universal property, so if that comes to the event, then they’ve already built the relationships to have it included from the start than a last minute replacement. I may not to be an insider, but I do know it takes time negotiate for IP houses. Even the Universal Parks has to get approval from the Universal film division on using the Monsters and Chucky. 

• Like 1

Not entirely sure. I’ve just been more excited knowing we may be getting six original houses and possibly all original scarezones with the speculation and rumors. And even though I’m not excited for the weeknd whatsoever, at least the lines should be long for that house in comparison of the others I’m more excited for. 

Hey, I’d be down for a house bounce with scareactors lol. 

But jokes aside, I’ll look at the clue in one angle or two. The background has a western-looking shack, which instantly made me think of Ghost Town. Maybe it’ll fill in for Evil Dead as a last-minute replacement. A traditional themed Halloween scarezone is also rumored, and I’m still hoping for the Pumpkin Lord to make some sort of return over there. 

• Like 1

Another Easter Egg was dropped at the Tribute Store! As much I’m getting the 09 vibes with the Usher, they’re all starting to look more like previews with Legends Collide. If there’s some sort of backstory for it, then it’s starting to make sense now. 

• Like 1

Wanna revisit the house bounce clue. Does anyone on this site followed Legacy’s American Dad clues? I want you guys to watch an episode from the fifth season of that show called “Man In The Moonbounce.” 

It has the Smiths having fun in a house bounce for Steve’s birthday that made Stan feel like a kid again, and later threw toilet paper all over a bully’s house, which Stan got arrested for and went to prison, turning himself into a man child. He gets in trouble with a warden, attempts to pull a prank on him with help of the other inmates, decides not to, and was finally released after his stay in jail. 

Sounds a lot like Hellgate. We had one room from that house in (S)cary last year as the closing scene and it seems weird to bring it back as a sequel right now, but It’s my shot in a dark kind of guess. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Hi all.. or hi to the three or four of you still here.  I thought they closed these forums becuase I was looking for this months ago, and there was nothing.  I understand now that the thread was just late in getting posted.

I like to read any and all spec on HHN, so I'm down for jumping into the discussion.  I've been reading at Inside Universal, too, and I'm loving the construction pics!

HNN is still my favorite place to be though, so I'm hoping conversation picks up here.  The maps from this site are rightly revered, so maybe that will draw some people back.

Let me say, I'm not thrilled over the Weeknd.  I realize it's "something different" and all, but being an old fart, I scratch my head at this decision because I would think someone like Ozzy would've been the ultimate choice for a "musician house".  Ozzy has been horror before the Weeknd was out of his nappies... and he still rocks that vibe.  Have you seen the video for Patient Number 9?  Badass..

But I digress, sorry.  

From all I've heard, Evil Dead is no longer on the table.  I would suspect that we get an original to replace it.  I realize some people will be pissed by that, but I am very excited for an original heavy year.  Honestly, the originals are always the scariest and most interesting houses.  I understand the appeal of wanting to walk through your favorite horror movies, but, if you think about it, the point of a haunted house is to scare you!  What better way to get a scare than walking through houses where you have no idea what to expect?  

Has anyone heard any further ideas/details/rumors on the "witch" house?  I'm very curious about this one.

• Like 1

I’m beyond excited for the originals. Apparently the Witch Original has something to do with traditional Halloween but we’ll see. The Weeknd looks to be the last IP announcement and I’m with you, not a fan of his music at all. I’m guessing his house will be the one to pull in the casual crowd while the fanatics of the event can get into the original houses easier. It’s a shame The Evil Dead was cut but hey, I’ll take a 6/4 split of Original and IP

• Like 1

Not super surprising because of that one event next week for the Hollywood panel. Maybe weeknd announced both coasts before the panel and at the actual panel, a Hollywood exclusive announcement. Maybe all the original houses announced together for Orlando in early August as well as the scarezones and shows. 

It appears we have a little more info on the Hollywood location scarezone which is rumored to be based around vampires. Pictures from online show “Nettlewood Cemetery” on one of the walls in that scarezone. I’m a sucker for originals based around graveyards or cemeteries so I’ve become even more excited for this specific zone. 

• Like 2

What I’m expecting this month other than The Weeknd being dropped this month is also potentially the Frequent Fear too before a full dump of original houses, scarezones, and shows in the next week or two on August. They could do it on August 2nd, which is 31 days away from opening night as a pun. Halloween is on the 31st, and this will be the 31st HHN year at Orlando. 

• Like 1

Uhhh. Fellow creatures of the night, I think someone leaked some houses. On HHN Nightmares twitter, I found images of what looks to be an event shirt and it has three confirmed houses and five of the originals. And those originals weren’t announced… yet at least. Two houses are missing from the shirt, but wow, the five originals look insane.