Halloween Horror Nights 31 Speculation

I think that comes last after a complete announcement. As for another return of Halloween, while I could see why it keeps coming back too constantly, but at the same time it makes sense to happen this year cause this is the event’s 31st year, and Halloween is on the 31st, so a pun needs to be intended. 

I think the best thing about Halloween at HHN in Orlando that it always moves up on a location scale every time when it comes back. It started off as a tent house, then a parade building house, and most recently a Shrek theater house. Though it was unintentional, but Halloween kept going until it became a real soundstage house like it happened last year with Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 

• Like 1

This was recently added at the new Tribute Store. 

The years between 1885 and 1992 are underlined in the article. This is the “Reopening” 40th anniversary, meaning 97 years had passed between the first and second opening. It’s a Easter Egg that may or may not have to do with HHN. I’m starting to get the Usher vibes right now, but that’s a stretch. 

• Like 1

If there’s one good reason to miss the MIB tent is it helped to flow the crowd around the park. New York and Production Central are the most the crowded areas cause they’re right next to the soundstages, and they could be even more pack over there.

• Like 1

Spec map v3 is up and I’m loving the lineup for the most part. The scarezones look really fun and I love that The Evil Dead is back on the map. All the original houses look very strong and I really hope this is the lineup we get despite me not being excited for a particular music artist

Treaks & Foons and Seeds of Extinction are coming back? That’s some heavy hitters right there, but I’m not sure what the Evil Dead house could be if that turns out to be true. Will it be based on the first three movies or Rise? That’s my question. 

A few things to point out during this year’s speculation: 

Blumhouse could be announce next soon this month when the Black Phone comes out. 

The Weeknd could be announce on early July to start his next tour.

Evil Dead as the last possible IP house announcement on late July to coincide with SDCC, and the originals are last on August as a full dump. 

That’s how I’m tracking right now. 

• Like 1

Another reason Blumhouse might be next to announce is Orlando seems to be fine with Jason Blum, and there’s a very friendly relationship between the two unlike what is probably happening at Hollywood right now. Candyman was rumored to an exclusive over there, but now I’ve been hearing talks about the IP being cut and they wanna bring back Blumhouse as a replacement while Jason isn’t too keen on it cause of John Murdy.

• Like 1

Looks like a new announcement is incoming as HHN Orlando tweeted out a gif. I’m thinking Evil Dead Rise is a possibility because it’s supposed to be set in a high rise and the teaser gif has an elevator. But also some people mentioned in the comments the weeknd because apparently in one of his music videos there’s some sort of elevator sequence. That could be a possibility as well. 

Here’s something interesting to point out about the teaser: Blue and red are the only colors they used as lights, which are specialized on the recent Weekend albums. Dawn FM is blue themed, and After Hours is red themed. I’m getting the club vibes. 

The Horrors of Blumhouse vol. 3 is officially happening. I’m cautiously excited for this one. I thought the first iteration was decent but volume 2 is one of two houses I absolutely hated. But I trust that Freaky and The Black Phone will work better in this house than The Purge and Happy Death Day. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one who wants Vince Vaughn to reprise his role as Blissfield Butcher in one of the Freaky scenes at Blumhouse for just one night during event? Orlando would make a promo video out of it for their YouTube channel. 

• Like 2

It’s kinda weird that we’re not getting another Chucky house this year. There were a lot of talks about it as a rumor cause the TV series is getting a second season, it’s a Universal property, and we also had a Chucky photo-op last year. Now, it’s been discontinued unless it’s a last minute replacement for Evil Dead or comes back next year. 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice something with these announcements? Legends Collide on a Tuesday, Halloween on a Wednesday, Blumhouse on a Thursday. Maybe weeknd is next to be announced next Friday. I don’t know, might be thinking too much into it. 

• Like 1

Another Easter Egg was recently added at the Tribute Store that is possibly as reference to Cruse of Dracula based on the dates mentioned. 1885 was the year Harker traveled to Dracula in the 1958 Christopher Lee version, and it sounds like he purchased a theater too. 1979 is the Frank Langella version, and 82 is the Vincent Price version respectively. 

• Like 3

I think next Friday is when they could make the next house announcement with The Weeknd, which would work for him while promoting on both coasts for his next tour as the headliner of this year’s event at both Hollywood and Orlando. Get ready for the social media backlash. 

Edited by Fear2010

Here’s something I wanna ask y’all: If Evil Dead does not return in some form again this year, then how would you guys feel if they went with Nope instead? If that turns out to be true, then It should get a release calendar, so Jordan Peele could plan on including whatever he has coming out that season yearly to save the event’s creative team members some headaches or extra work. A last minute replacement isn’t too far off right now.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1