Halloween Horror Nights 31 Speculation

Seeing the Wicked Growth coming back as a possible sequel house makes me hope the Pumpkin Lord is an icon this year. Not Fear material, but I could see him being one though while still keeping the IP’s as a top priority like how they handled with Bone back in 27. 

Since this will be the event’s 31st year, I’m expecting a lot of traditional Halloween aesthetics as a reference to the holiday’s date, which sums up very well why we could see Michael Myers coming back. I’m picturing each zone location will have some sort of traditional theme other than the scarecrows at Central Park like the Witches at San Francisco, The Pumpkin Lord at Hollywood, and the Trick or Treaters at New York as examples. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Hmm, I wonder why there is a speculation thread when Mark just leaks proprietary information? Imagine working really hard on the houses and these concepts trying to tell a story and this guy steals the concepts early to show everyone. Weak.

Apparently, at least as far as it goes right now, one rumored house has been “leaked” with another Universal Monsters House at Hollywood called Legends Collide that features not only the Wolfman and The Mummy like it’s rumored, but also Dracula too. I’m not sure this is exactly what Orlando is getting (If it turns out to be true), but another showdown house is a must! 

An announcement on Tuesday isn’t bad as most would think cause it somewhat extends their engagement cycle, especially for the IP’s. If that happens this week on that day, then you get it with a blog, then PRs published on media sites on Wednesday, a documentary/Behind The Scenes on Thursday, and finally everything is double-tapped on Friday. It would possibly be a four-day cycle than a two-day.

That’s a pretty cool idea for continuing the story. With these spin off Monsters houses I’d really like to see one on Creature From the Black Lagoon and Phantom of the Opera. There’s so much they could do. 

• Like 1

A new HHN-related permit has been filed. It’s about those tents in the extended queue lines for Fast & Furious. They’re removing some heavy stuff for a couple of months before putting them back after the event. It’s really interesting how they’re implementing this punching bag meme attraction as a house location. 

• Like 2

There’s been some talks floating around that we may no get a Wicked Growth sequel at all, but another traditional Halloween-themed house will happen in some form this year that revolves around Witches. I’m guessing it’s either a spin off of WG or the Coven scarezone from 2010 will be getting it’s own house. 

• Sad 1

I’d be down for another traditional Halloween-themed house with no ties to The Wicked Growth. But that’s killed my hope for icons to be a thing again with Pumpkin Lord as the first new one. But I guess it makes sense with marketing…

Whatever night is a good night during the event, but from my experience last year on opening night, the crowds were very crazy to handle, since everyone wants to do everything and see every show. My older sister and brother-in-law wanted to come with me, and I was the only one in the group to walk through all the houses with my express pass while they only went through three and got exhausted instantly cause of the crowds. After the first week, it looks and feels more calm with less attendees before it gets crazy again.

Already read HNN’s transparency on the spec maps. It’s weird year to speculate compared to 30, but not a lot has changed, which is interesting. Guess everyone in the HHN community - me included - were just whispering at each other ear to ear.

Well this sucks, especially considering the fourth season easily had the most to offer as a house. But it could come back next year with the inclusion of the next season though, so it’s not like the last one where it could be now or never situation on doing it. There’s only one more season to go, and there’s still a chance they could do it next year as a megahouse 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1