The Purge: Anarchy

JDW

When I saw this reveal I got so excited, the new movie surpassed the first by a million miles and I'm so glad they're doing it in the streets instead of a house. One thing that makes me a little nervous is its location. Although New York may be the more "realistic" choice I was hoping it would be on Hollywood Boulevard, the direction I take when I enter the park. That or Plaza of the Stars,I know it wouldn't really "fit" there per say but in my opinion it would be best to hear the sirens and see the anarchists the second you enter the park.

When I saw this reveal I got so excited, the new movie surpassed the first by a million miles and I'm so glad they're doing it in the streets instead of a house. One thing that makes me a little nervous is its location. Although New York may be the more "realistic" choice I was hoping it would be on Hollywood Boulevard, the direction I take when I enter the park. That or Plaza of the Stars,I know it wouldn't really "fit" there per say but in my opinion it would be best to hear the sirens and see the anarchists the second you enter the park.

Besides being more realistic, I think this location choice had to due with space and layout.

From things I've read (either articles or tweets), they will be using almost all of NY. I'm getting the impression this zone will be about the size of Deadtropolis (from about Twister to Louie's if I recall correctly). NY streets are relatively straight, so it safer to maneuver the bikes. There is also the fact that a zone that has the potential to become a photo op (Face Off) makes more sense on Hollywood Blvd.

I've been wondering how much space this zone will truly take up. If my Deadtropolis guess is correct, I kinda hope they'll allow scareactors into the side street in front of Finn's. (Where Boris' office is).

YEah. They also had a show at deatropolis with robosaurs vs the zombies :P

Apparently dropping a car on a transformer scared the zombies away. i used to have a video on youtube of that... Lost it when they merged accounts. I'll have to put it up again at somepoint.

• Like 1

I think JackTHEREAPER made a very important point.

As anyone considered a mini street show? Something that is in between last year's "tank show" and 06 Robosaurus? Maybe a Mad Max kinda thing (for those who remember the Mad Max street shows)?

Just a thought.

Yes, I think because of the movie, there will be a lot going on in this zone, including scenes and shows.

Maybe a gang fight street show? Or a show where the white truck gang kidnap some victims and heard them in the truck to bring to sting alley to be auctioned.

Not to mention, the Auction itself will be a show.

I think that they should have the purge announcement voice where both Louie's and the Twister Queue, warning you about the purge infested area and preparing you for what's to come. Then every hour or so an alarm blares throughout New York which will lead to hundreds of purgers yelling "kill them all!" Or something like that and scattering.

I finally had a chance to go see The Purge this past weekend. Seeing the movie doubled my anticipation for this SZ. There's so many different things that they could do with this. I think this will definitely be a loud, intense and overall fun SZ.

And for those of you who feel that heavy handed blatant political preaching overlaid by gratuitous violence coupled with a flimsy premise isn't for you BUT you still want to get an idea of what the movie is like so you are prepared for the scare zone...

May I recommend my favorite satirical movie critic?

http://youtu.be/FceFjG6AVxI

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As anyone considered a mini street show? Something that is in between last year's "tank show" and 06 Robosaurus? Maybe a Mad Max kinda thing (for those who remember the Mad Max street shows)?

Just a thought.

Maybe if this happens, we could see something along the lines of a giant brawl inside of the bus, or near the windows that have the bullet holes in them..?

Although I can't get into the movies due to how ridiculous the premise is. I'm really looking forward to this scarezone. I was really hoping to have this scarezone be on Hollywood Blvd. The tightness of that street i thought would pair nicely. But i can see why they went to put it in NY. Can't really put motorcycles in that close quarters (although being next to terminator would make me giggle personally being the nerd I am). But this is either going to either go very well or be really cheaply done which is what I'm personally afraid of happening. From the props i can see that have been put up I still have hope. I believe! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I know most on here have smidgeon more brains than this, but if theres a purger with a chainsaw screaming at you to move with a giant bread truck behind them....probably not the best time to pull the "im too brave to run from the chainsaw" routine. Just sayin'

I know most on here have smidgeon more brains than this, but if theres a purger with a chainsaw screaming at you to move with a giant bread truck behind them....probably not the best time to pull the "im too brave to run from the chainsaw" routine. Just sayin'

They had the same thing happen last year with the "Zombie Bomb" van. Too much alcohol and testosterone turns people into idiots sometimes...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to The Purge: Anarchy
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic