The Purge: Anarchy

JDW

bg_purge.thumb.jpg.3dfb24888b769727b6586716160ca700.jpg

Once you enter The Purge: Anarchy you’ll be lucky to just survive the night. In this unique experience inspired by Universal Pictures’ new thriller, turmoil and pandemonium awaits those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims.

I'm so excited for this scarezone! I really enjoyed the movie and can't wait to see all the crazy s**t going on in this scarezone! I'm glad it's the home to the Chainsaw Drill Team this year. Since I saw Hollywood's scarezone last year, I was hoping they'd put the chainsaws in here. Hopefully, if we get Opening Scareamonies this year, they'll be centered around The Purge.

I've never liked the idea of this movie. for some reason I cannot suspend disbelief long enough to swallow the premise.

*Begin Real-World Break Down*

The concept that unrestained violence some how was cathartic and would stem futher violence is nonsense and has never borne out in research. It would only further desensitize, dehumanize, and demoralize an already tumultuous society. Even if science-be-damned it actually did have some cathartic efect, it would only stem reactionary violence (i.e. mob mentality) and maybe on a small scale hostile violence (harm is an end in itself). Instrumental violence (which makes up the bulk of violence) would be nigh untouched.

Not to mention the psychological trauma 12 hours of wanton destruction would have on both perpatrator and prey. Imagine your neighbour raped and murdered your child/parent/spouse during this time and then you are not allowed to touch them. Not only was it fully legal for your neighbor to do so but you would be sent to jail for any ramifications. If you have no problem with being either of the parties involved in that scenario you may want to seek profesional help.

The idea is completely preposterous as any kind real-world solution.

*End Real-World Break Down*

Now having said all that, as a scarezone I'm sure it will be decent. Masked people involved in riotous acts of random murder is pretty much a "go to" staple for Halloween Horror Nights. My only concern is that it risks being on the blase side if it extends too far. There is nothing really remarkable or exciting about the idea of a city riot setwise. But, to be fair, I can't offically state that as I have not seen either movie so I am unaware of any novel sets that could be constructed . The variance in the masks would also most likely break it up and make it more interesting.

Also, were the "Elegant Ladies" cannon in either movie? I agree with the assumption that the Gieshas will get booted for them in sting alley.

• Like 1

There isn't much, aside from cars, that can really be added to the streets for the Purge. It's going to be just like nearly every other New York zone over the last few years. I get that people are excited for the IP, but it's the same thing with different masks. That's why it's perfect for New York.

And the Auction is in the second film, but it don't see how that can really be scary. It should have a Barker, sure, but aside from ladies yelling out dollar amounts, I don't see how it would actually be effective.

• Like 2

I've never liked the idea of this movie. for some reason I cannot suspend disbelief long enough to swallow the premise.

*Begin Real-World Break Down* The concept that unrestained violence some how was cathartic and would stem futher violence *End Real-World Break Down*

Just to let you know, that's actually a facade for the real reasons the Purge is commenced in the movies. Thing is, the real reasons are even more ludacrious. Plain and simple, it's used for the rich to get rid of the homeless and lower class. But considering the rich get richer from the poor, that would never fly in real life. The movies try being political, but they're just not smart enough for those types of messages.

Anyways, this IP is made to be a scare zone. An' it should work very nicely in New York, especially since it has plenty of room for motorcycles.

Just to let you know, that's actually a facade for the real reasons the Purge is commenced in the movies. Thing is, the real reasons are even more ludacrious. Plain and simple, it's used for the rich to get rid of the homeless and lower class. But considering the rich get richer from the poor, that would never fly in real life. The movies try being political, but they're just not smart enough for those types of messages.

Anyways, this IP is made to be a scare zone. An' it should work very nicely in New York, especially since it has plenty of room for motorcycles.

Interesting. Glad it wasn't just me overhtinking it. LOL I tend to do that with situations that are preposed as reality or able to happen *Cough* Walking Dead *Cough*. Dystopian futures are big on that list for me. I'm cool with magical or mythical situations but pose it as real or scientific and I start tearing it apart. there are al ot more reasons it wouldn't work but those bug me the most :P

The motocycles remind me of HHN 15 (Thundery Alley) and HHN16 (dead tropolis) I wonder if they are even the same motocycles....

There is plenty they can do set wise for this. I can already see the cars from last year, the bus, that newspaper stand and the Walker Bomb truck all in use.. and that's just stuff they already have that they can reuse. I'd expect some banners and a polite stranger speaker like Hollywood had. With the chainsaws, motorcycles, and some search lights added in, I dont see how this doesnt have awesome potential.

• Like 1

There isn't much, aside from cars, that can really be added to the streets for the Purge. It's going to be just like nearly every other New York zone over the last few years. I get that people are excited for the IP, but it's the same thing with different masks. That's why it's perfect for New York.

And the Auction is in the second film, but it don't see how that can really be scary. It should have a Barker, sure, but aside from ladies yelling out dollar amounts, I don't see how it would actually be effective.

Honestly i think auction is pointless to have. They just put auction to put something in sting alley and if that is the case why did they scrap geishas from sting alley in favor of the purge?

I'm actually really looking forward to this and I think New York is the perfect place to have it and I think its going to make a good scare zone. Plus the Motorcycles part has got me really intrigued as well.

One must look at it not as any sort of realistic science fiction of a possible dystopian near-future, but rather a fable an allegory of today. It is a parable about how the rich feed on and destroy the poor - presented in a quite literal sense, and also I believe (as I've not seen the second film yet) as a warning to the rich and powerful and how this can and would backfire on them.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but all of human history shows very clearly that this will not continue indefinitely, at some point when the rich become too rich and the poor become too poor, the poor will rise up and overthrow the rich. Thus it is always in the best interest of the rich and powerful to insure that the poor never become too poor.

• Like 6

true Doc.

At any rate Universal gets richer my recycling so many things for this SZ. (Or at least the can allocate the money elsewhere).

All the trucks, cars, and typical NY props we see all the time... they have. Spotlights they have. PA systems they have. Aside from a few hero masks they could literally use any kind of mask. Even so all you need is one of each hero mask molded and then just vacuum form the crap out of them.

This whole scare zone could potentially be an exceptional recycle on the cheap... and the funny thing is it will do exactly what it intends to do.

I'm thinking they'll use the walker bomb truck to "kidnap" other actors and take them away.

Either that, or they could use it to recreate the military trucks with the machine gunner in the back. All they have to do is use the tripod machine gun that Nemesis used in the Resident Evil maze, and put it in the back. So when that truck pulls up to you, the doors open, and bang bang bang bang. ;)

But I think they would need bigger trucks for that. I'm sure they'll have the machine gun trucks, but it won't be the walker bomb truck. My guess is they'll use it for the masked gang that kidnap people for the auction.

Picture this: The walker bomb truck will pull up and the masked gang will kidnap helpless actors who are trying to survive. They grab them and put them in the back of the truck. Then, they drive away to the place where the "auction" is, and unload the victims there. Then, you'll see people bidding on the victims to Purge them!

• Like 1

Chainsaws AND motorcycles in one zone? Count me in.

I'm hoping to catch the movie this weekend. Lots of the things you guys are mentioning (machine gun trucks and auctions) are foreign to me.

It definitely sounds like a promising zone. I'm just curious if there will be enough room for the motorcycles on peak nights.

This scarezone excites me.

I'm expecting it to be SUPER loud, with gunfire, sirens, and motors and A LOT going on. like, crazy stuff everywhere. Smells of exhaust and fire.

Not to mention it's the ENTIRE new York area, which is HUGE. Maniacs all over the place, and scenes from Anarchy around every corner.

I'm trying to picture what the lighting will be like. Maybe super bright with fire, or dark with strobe... not sure. Especially with strobe, which isn't really for outdoor use.

While I agree there's not much to do in the way of sets, I think the siren from the movie alone can be very effective.

I saw Anarchy today, wanted to wait till the announcement to see it lol, and the movie is full of sz/street experience potential and opportunities. As soon as I saw the school bus in the movie I knew we would get that and just add some chainsaw guys or other big guys around it and you are done, check. Also I was thinking about the walker bomb truck as well and I agree that it should be with the motorcycles and part of the masked gang group. Def need to find a truck for the machine gun guy. Also the hunting grounds for rich looked very similar to the park in front of the Mummy. I mean so much looked made and primed for HHN and New York. Not really a horror movie in my book (never saw the first) def more action oriented with a few horror elements to it maybe but regardless the movie is perfect for HHN and I agree I think this should translate really well into the streets. I think the siren and some music is really all they need.

Sorry to regurgitate some things already said but I will anyways lol.

I think JackTHEREAPER made a very important point.

This scarezone will most likely be huge. The only way I see the bikes being feasible is if this zone encompasses the same amount of space as Deadropolis including the portion that was dedicated to Robosaurus.

Not sure if this should be here or spec but:

As anyone considered a mini street show? Something that is in between last year's "tank show" and 06 Robosaurus? Maybe a Mad Max kinda thing (for those who remember the Mad Max street shows)?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Last year near the tank in NY, there was a "show". The scareactor would get attacked by the zombies.

interesting, I saw Michonnes pets and Bicycle girl but didnt get to see that one, sounded fun too, any chance its on Youtube?

• Mark M. changed the title to The Purge: Anarchy
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic