AVP: Alien VS. Predator

JDW

bg_AVP.thumb.jpg.cd8b11fdfa537b46db35ed95713b276b.jpg

This one is gonna be intense, gang! The maze takes place within a Weyland - Yutani research facility dealing in bio-weapons.. Communication had been lost with the facility dealing in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically Xenomorph. This is a soundstage maze.. And we are incorporating elaborate puppet builds to achieve our Aliens.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Since it's official now, this is my most anticipated house ever!!

Xenomorphs are my childhood monster that still scare me. I can't wait to see this house and I'm loving the fact that this appears to be an original take of the franchise.

Yeah, I like that they are eschewing the movie plotlines and making it their own thing with the aforementioned baddies. I am really looking forward to seeing the chestbursters, spine ripping scene, and (I hope) a Predator cloaking or uncloaking himself.

It's been a lifelong dream to see the Alien in a haunt setting. After I heard about the haunt they had in England. Now it's happening and I can't be more thrilled. The predator is cool too. I'm glad they decided to make their own spin on the franchise. Even though the movies had promise they were were not very good. In fact, I was done with the whole clue/inside info business this year but then someone threw me this nugget... and it sucked me back in.

If we have to a have a recurring IP, Can we just get Aliens next year ;)

• Like 2

The good thing is that they brought in this great IP and changed around the terrible story. So that they can tell the story in their own way. Now instead of getting a giant pyramid and benevolent predators, we get a freaking awesome weyland yutani spaceship and pissed off predators. I'm so glad they did this

• Like 2

Yea those puppets are going to be amazing!

I'm also really excited that this is looking like a more original maze with characters we know. When I heard that the potential alien house was switched to AVP the only reason I was upset was because we were going to be losing such a great set, I mean a spaceship and a planet infested with aliens it doesn't get any cooler than that. I'm glad that now we are able to get both predators and a pretty sweet set as well

I honestly think this house will almost raise the bar to AWIL's scare-factor. Large f'in aliens being jolted toward you, it's going to be awesome, but i'm wondering what the scares will look like. From what i heard we're in the midst of the haunt between avp so i'm guessing we'll see a lot of the loud strobe intensive scares we saw in AWIL and hopefully the Queen!

Edited by Ande
  • Like 1

If you arent excited about this you are dead inside!!!!

Coming face to face with a Predator AND a Xenomorph! are you kidding me?!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

This house is going to be so good! I wonder what tricks they will have to do the cloaking and uncloaking????

• Like 1

The good thing is that they brought in this great IP and changed around the terrible story. So that they can tell the story in their own way. Now instead of getting a giant pyramid and benevolent predators, we get a freaking awesome weyland yutani spaceship and pissed off predators. I'm so glad they did this

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Well put mang! This sums my thoughts exactly.... gonna be epic!

2 questions

will we see the predalien and/or queen

will we be seeing the predators tear apart aliens and vice versa or will it be more them near eachother

is the weyland yutani thing a spaceship? if im not mistaken it just says research facility which of course could be aboard a spaceship(hopefully is) but could also just be a facility somewhere on a planet? or am i mistaken and that is the name of a ship from one of the movies?

is the weyland yutani thing a spaceship? if im not mistaken it just says research facility which of course could be aboard a spaceship(hopefully is) but could also just be a facility somewhere on a planet? or am i mistaken and that is the name of a ship from one of the movies?

Weyland Yutani is the name of the company that funded the Nostromo in the first Alien movie. In sequels, they have become obsessed with the xenomorph creatures and want to capture it for their own purposes.

From the description of the house, it is clear we are in a lab but it is unclear as to where this lab is so it could be on a spaceship or it could just be earthbound.

2 questions

will we see the predalien and/or queen

will we be seeing the predators tear apart aliens and vice versa or will it be more them near eachother

Mike mentioned a "few surprises", so I would think possibly both could be in there. Of course, I think that the PredAlien is more likely, since we aren't just focusing on Alien.

It is called Alien VERSUS Predator, so I'd think we get would one scene of them fighting.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

This changes my whole perspective on the whole idea if that's the case. Making their own story out of an IP sounds like the way to go. In that case my interest is peaking towards AVP. :)

"You will find yourself caught in the middle of the epic battle between the Aliens and Predators as you visit one of Weyland-Yutani’s secret facilities to assist with a critical situation. This Central American bio-weapons research facility houses several divisions that deal in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically the Alien xenomorph species."

Looks like the house will be set on earth according to the press release.

So, Weyland-Yutani is harvesting xenomorphs and the Predators are coming in to eradicate them?

It's interesting that the plot synopsis doesn't directly mention how or why the Predators are there. It's as if the whole focus is going to be Aliens with a couple of Predators thrown in.

"You will find yourself caught in the middle of the epic battle between the Aliens and Predators as you visit one of Weyland-Yutani’s secret facilities to assist with a critical situation. This Central American bio-weapons research facility houses several divisions that deal in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically the Alien xenomorph species."

Looks like the house will be set on earth according to the press release.

Thanks, I must have missed that release.

Well the lab is in Central America where the first Predator movie took place. Maybe the Predators (being the hunters that they are) want to check out the super weapons in this lab or it could be just as simple as the first AvP movie where they treat hunting the xenomorphs as a game.