Halloween

JDW

Super psyched to get to walk through this house. I can see no way in which this house won't completely blow my socks off. The talks of us not entering through the front door does disappoint me a bit, but as long as that facade is fully realized and we enter though a side door and it feels like we are still entering into the house I'll be fine. If they could do AWIL justice, then I have no doubt Halloween should be every bit as good if not better.

Guest kiwisoup

They are saying it's only the first movie which is basically all interior house settings, but I'm hoping they do transitions where you go "outside" between different buildings.

Also, I think a great finale would be for Michael Myers to jump out of a closet and startle you, then Dr. Loomis comes around the corner from the other side and uses that gun effect we see every year with you in the middle of it all... and Michael stumbles backward out a window. This would require the scareactor to fall back onto a mat out of view and some convincing sound effects.

They are saying it's only the first movie which is basically all interior house settings, but I'm hoping they do transitions where you go "outside" between different buildings.

Also, I think a great finale would be for Michael Myers to jump out of a closet and startle you, then Dr. Loomis comes around the corner from the other side and uses that gun effect we see every year with you in the middle of it all... and Michael stumbles backward out a window. This would require the scareactor to fall back onto a mat out of view and some convincing sound effects.

^ THIS B)

Super psyched to get to walk through this house. I can see no way in which this house won't completely blow my socks off. The talks of us not entering through the front door does disappoint me a bit, but as long as that facade is fully realized and we enter though a side door and it feels like we are still entering into the house I'll be fine. If they could do AWIL justice, then I have no doubt Halloween should be every bit as good if not better.

No, the way they're doing it is absolutely perfect. They're following the opening of the movie, you are Michael walking around his house on Halloween night as he goes to investigate what's going on with his sister and her boyfriend. It is the PERFECT way to open for multiple reasons. 1. It is one of the most important/recognizeable shots in horror history. 2. The shot sets up the psychological/sexual battle that is carried out through the duration of the movie. And it provides the setting for a flawless example of what a slasher film is truly about. If Mike and the rest of A&D wanted to, they could display this deeper meaning throughout the entire house (by what you saw and what the scares were) but I'm not sure that they'd want to take all that time for something that not many of the die hard hhn fans would even notice, even if it is a passion project.

Mike made the entrance where it is because it IS his passion project and he understands the importance of that opening shot. Despite how cool it would be to walk through the front of the house, that isn't how it was in the movie and it simply would not have been half as good of a shot because you wouldn't get the ability to look into the house and see michael's sister and her boyfriend fooling around before they head upstairs. You have to walk in his footsteps, it's the only chance you'll get to do so, so you might as well copy his actions as closely as possible to make it as similar to the movie as possible. Somebody that doesn't appreciate the thought involved in every aspect of this house, doesn't deserve to go through it. Just pay attention as you go through, no matter how closely you look, you'll miss something special.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

No, the way they're doing it is absolutely perfect. They're following the opening of the movie, you are Michael walking around his house on Halloween night as he goes to investigate what's going on with his sister and her boyfriend. It is the PERFECT way to open for multiple reasons. 1. It is one of the most important/recognizeable shots in horror history. 2. The shot sets up the psychological/sexual battle that is carried out through the duration of the movie. And it provides the setting for a flawless example of what a slasher film is truly about. If Mike and the rest of A&D wanted to, they could display this deeper meaning throughout the entire house (by what you saw and what the scares were) but I'm not sure that they'd want to take all that time for something that not many of the die hard hhn fans would even notice, even if it is a passion project.

Mike made the entrance where it is because it IS his passion project and he understands the importance of that opening shot. Despite how cool it would be to walk through the front of the house, that isn't how it was in the movie and it simply would not have been half as good of a shot because you wouldn't get the ability to look into the house and see michael's sister and her boyfriend fooling around before they head upstairs. You have to walk in his footsteps, it's the only chance you'll get to do so, so you might as well copy his actions as closely as possible to make it as similar to the movie as possible. Somebody that doesn't appreciate the thought involved in every aspect of this house, doesn't deserve to go through it. Just pay attention as you go through, no matter how closely you look, you'll miss something special.

I think someone's taking this a little too seriously. Anyways...

In the opening of the movie, he walks onto the front porch, see's them through the door, see's them in the front window through on the right as he walks back down and around the right side of the house where he he's them again through a window heading upstrairs, he then heads to the BACK of the house not the side.

Without being able to see anything in windows, actually going through the back door, and going through the side where it can immediately be seen that the facade cuts off after a few feet...I just would rather go through the front. I like how Hollywood did it where you see the shadow of young Michael stabbing his sister in the upstairs window and you enter the front. I mean we are walking into that first night already in progress...we are not Michael Meyers himself so we don't need to follow his exact footsteps.

In regards to other sets besides the house interiors...

Seems like they could have a least a room or two involving the asylum scene where Michael escapes and the exterior areas of Haddonfield (streets mostly although they could use the school I guess). Also, I am predicting a garage scene where Lauries friend gets it in the car. Seems like this could be really well done...especially if they simulate the moment where the horn blares!

Guest kiwisoup

I'm kinda glad they weren't allowed to film...I feel like the past couple years were slightly less exciting once I was there because I had skimmed through the media walkthrough videos. I'm gonna try really hard to keep myself cut off from videos of the event!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even see any of the movies (spent hours trying to find the first one to no avail-argh!) but I loved this house all the same. I don't think it could have been any better, and it is the first house to legitimately scare me on multiple occasions (it wouldn't be the last that night, however :P)

I'm a huge fan of the original film, and this house did every second of it justice. The entire experience starts off strong and never lets up.

During my run through on Saturday, they added a Michael Myers outside the house. Once you thought it was over, he popped out behind a fence and gave you one last jump.

Edited by Tich0las

Honestly this is probably the First house where i stood outside of the Facade, and contemplated on leaving. The exit was right next to me. I was scared out of my mind. This is from someone who's been watching the Halloween series since he was a sperm cell almost. haha. This house was extremely terrifying, and a great walkthrough each time. Fans or not, you will LOVE this house.

• Like 1

On Friday night before the tombstone scene, a girl was having a massive panic attack next to the attendant. The staff member and girl's boyfriend were both trying to help her use the chicken exit, but she was trembling and crying so hard she couldn't move. I felt extremely bad for her. Yeah, it is suppose to be terrifying but in a fun way. This girl was clearly not having fun.

Both times I went through I never got to see the Laurie couch scene play out. I was really upset and wanted to see what happened but I was being herded through the house. I didn't get to fully appreciate that room. I'll be going back so maybe I'll be able to catch it.

I slowed down to a crawl both times to make sure I saw it. It's pretty cool.

I completely missed the finale the first time through. That's because my girlfriend and I ended up running out of the house since the scareactors kept getting us back to back to back! My second walk through, I slowed down and barely caught it due to the attendant trying to hurry me along. Really wish they'd ease up on the conga lines.

On Friday night before the tombstone scene, a girl was having a massive panic attack next to the attendant. The staff member and girl's boyfriend were both trying to help her use the chicken exit, but she was trembling and crying so hard she couldn't move. I felt extremely bad for her. Yeah, it is suppose to be terrifying but in a fun way. This girl was clearly not having fun.

This is a topic of much contemplation for me. I'm not trying to sound like a prick, but, she CHOSE to go to the event and she has to live with the consequences. To me, if there's a chance you're going to have that happen, it's unfair to everyone involved: the worker now has (to try) to help, your whole group has to deal with your panic attack and try to calm you down after leaving, the people behind you are now going to get held up as your situation is handled, the scare actor who did this to you probably feels QUITE guilty, and most of all, it's unfair to yourself! to put yourself through a massive panic attack isn't ok, your body does not need that stress, so to put yourself through that just so you can go with your friends is a terrible idea. This is coming from somebody who often has panic attacks and, from time to time, they are quite extreme (physical scares don't cause them, it's more of a mental thing for me.) BUT, there IS one group of people who should feel horrible for her having this panic attack and that group of people is her (neglecting) friend(s) that talked her into going to hhn, because I guarantee it wasn't her idea in the first place.

All I'm saying is, if I were you, I wouldn't feel bad at all (though I understand why you do.) I would simply have been very judgmental of the people she chose as friends? I for one can say that if my friends brought somewhere, knowing that it was likely I'd have panic, they wouldn't be my friends much longer. Sorry for the rant, but this is a common thing that happens at hhn and it aggravates me.

• Like 2

I slowed down to a crawl both times to make sure I saw it. It's pretty cool.

I completely missed the finale the first time through. That's because my girlfriend and I ended up running out of the house since the scareactors kept getting us back to back to back! My second walk through, I slowed down and barely caught it due to the attendant trying to hurry me along. Really wish they'd ease up on the conga lines.

My thoughts exactly! They tried to rush everyone through and I don't get to see anything. The only times I get stopped in houses, its always in a transition room where nothing is happening. I got an eye full of the cat photo though xD

• Like 1