Halloween

JDW

What did Burger King leak?

Lady Luck in 2011, probably something else some other year too.

Those are the 3 biggest selling points. Biggest TV show on cable, classic and instantly recognizable slasher film, and a house with 2 characters just as recognizable as Halloween and are very widely associated with being scary, regardless of the quality of the films. FDTD and Dracula aren't as strong and the 3 originals wouldn't bring in as much as TWD Halloween and AvP will.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

I'm a little concerned/confused. In the reveal video, they don't use the real theme song, but a different song that is similar but different enough to not be copyright infringement. But then, if you click the blog post, they spend most of the post talking about the theme song and saying that it will be blaring in the house.

Were they not able to use the song online for promotion but they can for the house? Weird.

I'm a little concerned/confused. In the reveal video, they don't use the real theme song, but a different song that is similar but different enough to not be copyright infringement. But then, if you click the blog post, they spend most of the post talking about the theme song and saying that it will be blaring in the house.

Were they not able to use the song online for promotion but they can for the house? Weird.

Probably have rights for only certain uses.

"The glow of that pumpkin during the title sequence filled my room; the theme immediately injected me with anticipation. It drew me in completely. It captured me."

I love that Mike loves this movie as much as I do. This man will not allow this house to suck.

• Like 4

Guest kiwisoup

I'm excited, but I'm a slight bit disappointed that Mike Aiello says it is only the first movie...there are so many iconic moments that the Hollywood version captured that I'll miss in our version. Here's hoping they really knock it out of the park despite this limitation!

I'm excited, but I'm a slight bit disappointed that Mike Aiello says it is only the first movie...there are so many iconic moments that the Hollywood version captured that I'll miss in our version. Here's hoping they really knock it out of the park despite this limitation!

Personally I thought it would be Halloween 1 and 2. Considering those are the movies actually set on THE night he came home. But either way, considering this is a passion project like a certain HOTY last year, I'm still going to be VERY hyped over it.

It will be pretty cool I'm sure even though I'm not really a Halloween fan. I did find it interesting it is on the UMTH tour list. What are the sets... Interior house shots? That was pretty much all there was in the movie.

It will be pretty cool I'm sure even though I'm not really a Halloween fan. I did find it interesting it is on the UMTH tour list. What are the sets... Interior house shots? That was pretty much all there was in the movie.

Yeah, I expected Dracula Untold over this. Maybe there are some more impressive effects than we think?...

Do we have a definitive answer on why the real Halloween theme wasn't in the little video? I mean, if they have the rights to use it for the whole house experience, you'd think promoting said house would allow for it as well. Maybe not, though, as I guess this is a different media form, and YouTube vids last just about forever. Thoughts? I was kinda bummed it wasn't in the video because that would've given me goosebumps. However, I'm beyond myself that this is not only a house, but one in which they are passionate about doing - and we've already seen what that kind of passion produces..

Do we have a definitive answer on why the real Halloween theme wasn't in the little video? I mean, if they have the rights to use it for the whole house experience, you'd think promoting said house would allow for it as well. Maybe not, though, as I guess this is a different media form, and YouTube vids last just about forever. Thoughts? I was kinda bummed it wasn't in the video because that would've given me goosebumps. However, I'm beyond myself that this is not only a house, but one in which they are passionate about doing - and we've already seen what that kind of passion produces..

If I had to guess I would say having the video use a different version of the Halloween theme was to entice people to keep watching. It is something that they are not used to hearing and places the thought in the back of their mind that they might see something really cool and unexpected at the end. If you're not a die hard fan of the property you may see the beginning and shrug it off because you've seen it before. The new music might encourage you to keep watching and leave you being way more excited about the event and the property that was previously "meh" to you. In the case with people like us we will be stoked to see the Halloween announcement video no matter the music choice. Also they may be wanting to save the punch of the real theme when guests come face to face with the facade for the first time. Which is going to be one hell of a moment I'm sure.

• Like 1