The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

JDW

Quick question to run by everyone. People might be sick of TWD being done year after year. But do you think if something that is generally well liked (like American Horror Story for example) would suffer the same fate? I would think no due to that AHS is constantly changing themes. Thoughts?

the best thing AHS has over WD is that the characters can talk and move faster than a walking corpse. so yeah, definitely could be better than wd.

the problem would be, will the characters from the show even appear in the house? I mean, they got away with not having any of the characters in the wd house but i dont know how would that work with something like AHS. unless they made genetic freaks or genetic witches or whatever.

a house based on AHS could easily be like the dolls house we had this year, AHS is bizarre enough to create a really weird and creepy house.

One problem I had in this maze is the horde animatronic. Is there anyway to speed that thing up? I laugh everytime I see the damn thing!

They should have had it operated by someone like ours in Hollywood. The placement seems off too, the horde should be coming from the side if they intended on scaring people. Seeing it come out at the speed is just lame. Lol

• Like 1

Speaking of the end, it does NOT work during the daytime. The strobes are 100% ineffective. You can barely notice them. So when you walk through it it's the same thing as having scareactors just stand in the middle of an open room.

Yep. I made the mistake of going during day time for my second run. Won't be doing that again closing night.

the best thing AHS has over WD is that the characters can talk and move faster than a walking corpse. so yeah, definitely could be better than wd.

the problem would be, will the characters from the show even appear in the house? I mean, they got away with not having any of the characters in the wd house but i dont know how would that work with something like AHS. unless they made genetic freaks or genetic witches or whatever.

a house based on AHS could easily be like the dolls house we had this year, AHS is bizarre enough to create a really weird and creepy house.

American Horror Story is ripe fodder for several years of HHN. Each season is radically different, not only in setting but also in tone, and has more variety by itself than any season of TWD ever has.

On the other hand, TWD is basically a gory character drama that just happens to take place during the zombie apocalypse. Horror is a secondary focus, with the zombie apocalypse simply acting as a convenient plot device to allow for the intended plots to happen. Much of the content could be recycled simply by putting everyone on a deserted island, or a planet of hostile aliens. And when you get down to it, zombies are overdone. I still love them and work with them in stuff that I make, but they've been around for decades in their current form. Zombies lack variety, as they're either crazy running people or crazy slowly shambling people. They have little diversity, so every zombie house has to distinguish itself by what it does different. Dead Exposure used the blacklight "camera flash" gimmick, while Zombiegeddon used the idea of captured zombies running amok in a zombie hunter training facility and tied it in with the scarezone outside.

The Walking Dead has nothing to distinguish it but the popularity of the show. It's a generic zombie house that points and says "Hey fans, remember this scene from The Walking Dead?" And when your house has to build its popularity off of references to a contemporary TV show rather than its own merits or what it does differently, that's not a good sign.

• 2 weeks later...

The walker hoard was operated by a human. People in charge of how it was supposed to look decided it was better slow. As for American Horror Story, I remember reading something about all the seasons/stories being in the same "universe" like marvel and the upcoming remakes/reboots of the Universal classic monsters. Maybe they are waiting for the reveal about how they are all related to make the house and tie it all together with a best of all seasons house? Just a thought.

• Like 1

The walker hoard was operated by a human. People in charge of how it was supposed to look decided it was better slow. As for American Horror Story, I remember reading something about all the seasons/stories being in the same "universe" like marvel and the upcoming remakes/reboots of the Universal classic monsters. Maybe they are waiting for the reveal about how they are all related to make the house and tie it all together with a best of all seasons house? Just a thought.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/29/ahs-freak-show-lily-rabe/<< This!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This one was tough, I do not watch the show, and was tempted not to even do it. But alas, it was so so. I was confused by half of the scenery. The only part I actually enjoyed was the ending jail scene. On the times that I did go, that scene always got me, the strobes disorienting me and making me get scared easier. I probably ran into half of the actors! But this one was not even in the top 5 for me

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic