The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

JDW

Admittedly, I check the forums three to four times a week and play catch up instead of several times a day, so I'm sorry if this was posted and I overlooked it. I haven't noticed anybody post about how the "Big" in the "Big Spot" is covered under a black tarp. They showed us that on the UTH tour on Sept 20. I don't go through TWD as much as other houses, but when I went on Friday the 3rd, I noticed that the black tarp is still covering the "Big."

You know you've passed the saturation point of Zombies when ANIMAL PLANET is creating their own Zombie show!

U.S. cable network Animal Planet has optioned Joshua Ortega and Digger Mesch's graphic novel "The Other Dead" and plan to develop it as a scripted series.

The story is set in Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina and revolves around a world of undead animals and unrelenting storms.

In a statement, Animal Planet exec VP Rick Holzman says: "This is an intriguing choice for Animal Planet as the network further branches out into different, dynamic genres."

A 2016 series premiere is being targeted.

Please fill out survey you receive after the event and say NO to a 4th year of TWD!

• Like 1

You know you've passed the saturation point of Zombies when ANIMAL PLANET is creating their own Zombie show!

Please fill out survey you receive after the event and say NO to a 4th year of TWD!

for everyone one of us that says no on the sruvey, there will probably be 15 people that say yes... WD is just too unstoppable now. Specially with the new season starting. People will be more WD crazed than ever.....

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/10/the-ratings-are-in-and-the-walking-dead-just-obliterated-everyone/

As for the Animal Planet show... that seems kind of cruel. I am not sure that people want to see zombie versions of cute animals lol, I don't think I would watch that, seeing some cat or some bird or rabbit zombie... That just doesn't sound right to me.

Edited by clash

I apologize if this was mentioned earlier...haven't been following too closely since the spoilers started coming out for the event or much since I got back from it.

Sorta, kinda, maybe a bit of spoiler...but a funny did you know:

In the Big Spot! Scene were there are projected zombies behind the store windows, you'll notice most have menacing poses. One zombie however is standing there with his hands on his hips. It's a life size cardboard cutout of the CEO or President or something of Universal.

A little tidbit from the BTS Tour.

• Like 1

Yeah I was calling those the "disco zombies" as the lights flash all goofy crazy colors it appeared, to me anyway, that it was more like they were dancing than being menacing. I did wonder about the one with the hands on the hips though lol.

• Like 1

Quick question to run by everyone. People might be sick of TWD being done year after year. But do you think if something that is generally well liked (like American Horror Story for example) would suffer the same fate? I would think no due to that AHS is constantly changing themes. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Quick question to run by everyone. People might be sick of TWD being done year after year. But do you think if something that is generally well liked (like American Horror Story for example) would suffer the same fate? I would think no due to that AHS is constantly changing themes. Thoughts?

I don't think people would get tired of AHS. It wouldn't be the same characters each year which I think what causes the fatigue the most. Walking Dead has varied environments but seeing zombies each year is what gets boring. Plus, zombies have never been the most exciting genre in horror.

In AHS, we'd see different characters, environments and overall different themes with a changing soundtrack too. So it would feel completely new each year.

• Like 1

That was my thinking exactly. Not a bad idea for an IP rather than TWD. They have the name to draw people and have the fans be happy from the fresh maze every year.

Agreed. Only 1 episode in with Freakshow and I already can see the potential for it being turned into a maze. I know you guys have said AHS was in talks to be a part of the line up but was cancelled, so I really hope it happens next year for the 25th anniversary. I don't even care if Hollywood gets it, I'm flying down to Orlando no matter what after finally checking out the event this year.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the reason they haven't done it yet is the same reason it took so long to get Halloween. They probably can't agree on something. I'm sure someone in A&D watches AMS so I doubt it hasn't come up in a design meeting.

They already had it.

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic