The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

JDW

I want my puddin scene. Even if it is just a can of puddinfg sitting on a roof in the house. but preferably Carl eating the pudding.

What I want are actual chocolate pudding packs handed out in the house! Interactive puddin' eatin'!!! That will never happen *sigh* but a man can dream.

Oh yeah, there were 14 cats, but one of them was a human named Cat.

• Like 9

This article confirms it's a soundstage.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/prnewswire/press_releases/Florida/2014/06/09/FL44947

Universal Orlando's maze will be the largest maze ever created at Halloween Horror Nights. It is literally double the experience and will feature more scareactors in one single haunted house than ever before. Guests will encounter iconic scenes from Season 4 of the hit show – beginning at the prison, fans will enter the cell block where the infection began, escape into the massive Big Spot location with a crashed helicopter ripping through its ceiling and journey to the dilapidated country club overrun with walkers. These and other incredibly immersive environments culminate to the maze's finale taking you to the End of the Line – Terminus. This year's maze will be an entirely new experience, featuring never-before–seen walkers and brand new scares.

"Bringing a horror property back for a third year in a row is always a decision that is carefully considered. Fortunately, The Walking Dead is unlike any horror brand around. Its appeal spreads across so many types of viewers. Hardcore and casual horror fans alike are watching week after week, and season 4 offered many new and unique environments and walkers," said Michael Aiello, Creative Development Director for Universal Orlando's Entertainment team. "This year, we are taking this partnership to the next level, with a monstrous soundstage maze and a scope that is bigger and badder than anything we've ever done in the history of our event."

• Like 1

This picture from both JWD and the article linked to above is pretty interesting with the tunnel (I don't think they'd do anything crazy like put the spinning tunnel from hell in there) and burned zombies...having a section of burned zombies piping in the smell of SMOKE they've done before would be pretty damn cool. Does anybody know the source of the image? Is it something they just "stole" off the internet, or is it a teaser image designed by Universal?

A really dark tunnel with the smell of smoke/meat and periodic strobe flashes (or gunshot flashes) to show burnt zombies would be pretty damn cool. Or maybe something like scareactors with the flaming/smoldering red areas being something "triggered" by blacklights where you'd barely be able to see the zombies, but could see the burning areas of their flesh in the dark.

Getting an error message for embedding the image...it's the one here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/prnewswire/press_releases/Florida/2014/06/09/FL44947

Lots of legalese at the bottom, but not sure what it says.

Here's what we know for locations. (did this quick in sketchup the other night so pardon it's crudeness) TWD is still an unknown SS... but my guess? SS 24. 25 and 19 are broadcasting sound stages. The middle ones (21-23) would make it hard to have exterior elements.

Also, 20 will house two and 18 is blue man group.

260xw7b.jpg

Are you still unsure of the last SS house? That's only 7 in total with 20 holding 2.

Also, numerous articles have called the house "The Walking Dead: End of the Line", so I'm assuming that's our house title? I think it's ok, and WAY better than The Walking Dead:Dead Inside (ugh) and No Safe Haven.

Guest kiwisoup

A couple people made references to the event selling out last year because of the crowds TWD draws...I wasn't aware of this. Can you guys give me more info? Like when it sold out and for what days? I'm flying in to attend and my group will probably get add-on or rush of fear tickets and I'm not sure if sell-outs affect these...

Edited by kiwisoup

A couple people made references to the event selling out last year because of the crowds TWD draws...I wasn't aware of this. Can you guys give me more info? Like when it sold out and for what days? I'm flying in to attend and my group will probably get add-on or rush of fear tickets and I'm not sure if sell-outs affect these...

It sold out one Saturday night in 2012 towards the end of October due to popularity and cuz of the park's lowered capacity (half the park was a construction zone + one less house=less people can get in. I'm not saying TWD didn't bring in people but the lowered capacity didn't help). Second to last weekend I believe. If you've already purchased add-ons or a Rush of Fear night sells out (which I SERIOUSLY doubt) you will still be able to use them.

I'm curious about how the capacity for this house will compare to the others given it size. I believe last years was around 2000 an hour, so would this one push almost 4000 an hour? That'd be insane. If that's the case, I can imagine very fast moving and relatively short lines 60 or less at peak times, which would be great.

Edited by foREVer56

Separate post for separate things. Mike said some tidbits about the house on Twitter a little bit ago:

"So yes Walking Dead is coming back. This maze is really gonna top the first two in every way possible. It will be a soundstage maze.".

"It's facade will exist outside the soundstage so we can use every square inch of the interior."

"Almost every major environment in season 4 will be featured. Prison for a small portion. The big spot and it's parking lot...."

"....The moonshine shack, the country club, the tunnel... Terminus."

"To clear up some info.. TWD is a maze only in Orlando. It's a big one, but only a maze.. There's so much more to come.."

Before anyone asks: They've done facades outside SS's before. Horror in Wax in 03 or 04 (forgot which), Hellgate in 04, All Night Die In 2 in 06 off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Many people are speculating that TWD will be in Evil Dead's SS 24, BUT isn't La Voz (some Spanish spin off of The Voice) located there at the moment? To me it seems that SS 20 would be more plausible. They could run the house from under the pavilion to the parking lot then into the sound stage. Here is a picture to accompany my description :P A lot of assumption and speculation here. I'd be cool to see construction from Seuss Landing, that's if my speculation is correct lol! When's the last time you went to Islands to see HHN related things?

VQihL1a.jpg

Edited by Ande

Many people are speculating that TWD will be in Evil Dead's SS 24, BUT isn't La Voz (some Spanish spin off of The Voice) located there at the moment? To me it seems that SS 20 would be more plausible. They could run the house from under the pavilion to the parking lot then into the sound stage. Here is a picture to accompany my description :P A lot of assumption and speculation here. I'd be cool to see construction from Seuss Landing, that's if my speculation is correct lol! When's the last time you went to Islands to see HHN related things?

Problem with that is two other houses are already being built in that location.

260xw7b.jpg

20A/B are two IPs. 22A (Not to be confused with 22) is another house.

19 and 25 are broadcasting soundstages. It can be done but it may not be ideal espeically with the size of the house.

That pretty much leaves 21, 22, 23, 24.

If 24 is being used. (I don't have a schedule for the soundstages so I have no idea)

Then that leaves 21, 22, and 23.

Of those, I would have to pick one of the outer two but my guess is the queues would have have some creative routing. Typically all of our queues dump out in front of 21/22

But then again I could be wrong and 19 or 25 is big enough even with them being fitted for broadcast. There is no precident for houses in these location so it's hard to guage.

BUUUUT if anyone wants to load the PDFs and check the scale (I cannot at work) you can check here.

I'm unsure why 19 is shown differently than what exists. Perhaps it was divided into 19 and B-17.

It was confirmed by some folks on OU that it would be in SS25 with the facade facing IoA.

I just looked. I see one person named Teebin saying it is confirmed. I don't know who that is as I don't got to OU.

Anways there is an Auto CAD JPEG of the SS so I was able to pull it up.

It has 10,000 square feet that can be used. For comparison SS 20 has 16,500 feet that can be used and has two houses (which will most likely have their facades inside) so that is 8,250 per house give or take. Accounting for the facade being outside (which was stated by Mike) It is plausible. I've seen them easily take 1000 sq feet for a facade.

Edit: NVM I got confirmation. SS 25 it is. I'll update the map when I get to it.

• Like 1

Some good thoughts going on here. Gotta say I'm not a fan of W.D. but I'll go through it once just based on the "biggest house yet" idea. Although, for those who are saying "no one does it like Universal"... you need to get out to the haunts listed on America Haunts... places like Netherworld will blow your mind. You'll get top notch sets and scares in a maze that literally takes 30 minutes from start to finish. I used to be a HUGE HHN fan from when I started attending in 1993 but once the icons started taking over, my loyalty faded. Having experienced some of these other haunts... I now believe that Universal misses the mark on occasion. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out all night (from 6 to midnight) due to the atmosphere which you rarely get at other haunts. But pound for pound, you can definitely get a better experience for your money and these almost always are completely original ideas which don't use movie IP. Just my 2 cents.

So TWD won't be hijacking the event like it did last year? I certainly hope not.

TWD zombies are boring, I'm sorry, but they simply are. If they want to make 1 maze to cater to the fanbase, great, awesome, more power to them. But to a non-fan like me, I simply don't get as much enjoyment from it, and so I don't like that one theme intruding into the rest of the event. I'm not very excited for the big TWD house, because it's clearly going to be a main house where they'll focus a lot more resources on, which means less resources focused elsewhere (potentially something that would interest a non-fan like me).

I wish they'd keep it to one, decently-sized maze. Don't remove it from the event, but don't drill it into us either.

• Like 1

The permits today identify SS 24 not 20 as the location of the other two houses.

Where did we confirm The End of the Line as subtitle? In the article previously linked that was used for the Hollywood house, but I saw no use of it for the Orlando house there.

If this has been officially confirmed please post a link. Thanks.

So TWD won't be hijacking the event like it did last year? I certainly hope not.

TWD zombies are boring, I'm sorry, but they simply are. If they want to make 1 maze to cater to the fanbase, great, awesome, more power to them. But to a non-fan like me, I simply don't get as much enjoyment from it, and so I don't like that one theme intruding into the rest of the event. I'm not very excited for the big TWD house, because it's clearly going to be a main house where they'll focus a lot more resources on, which means less resources focused elsewhere (potentially something that would interest a non-fan like me).

I wish they'd keep it to one, decently-sized maze. Don't remove it from the event, but don't drill it into us either.

If you go to the HHN Orlando Twitter Mike posted about how TWD would only be a house this year.

https://twitter.com/HorrorNightsORL

He made a couple of posts explaining it!

• Like 1

(Speaking for Orlando) I don't see this maze as a "bad thing". Has HHN overused TWD? Yep! But is one maze really that bad? Nah. At least not to me. I 100% agree that Walking Dead zombies are boring. I love the show but I think, just like all the other fans out there for Orlando, have had quite enough of TWD, especially after last year with it's "Walking Dead street experience overload". It was not the best first reveal, but I see it as "Hey! The Walking Dead is only a maze this year! That means we don't have to worry about The Walking Dead taking over the street experience again!" Basically, now it's out of the way! But it actually sounds like a pretty cool maze, if Mike Aiello's description of it is true. :zombie2:

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic