The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

JDW

Yes due to the size of the house i am curious as to where there going to put it

Soundstage or parade. Dont they usually only use half of the parade building? Maybe kick the floats out this year? I have no idea what I'm even talking about.

• Like 1

Yes due to the size of the house i am curious as to where there going to put it

Here's what we know for locations. (did this quick in sketchup the other night so pardon it's crudeness) TWD is still an unknown SS... but my guess? SS 24. 25 and 19 are broadcasting sound stages. The middle ones (21-23) would make it hard to have exterior elements.

Also, 20 will house two and 18 is blue man group.

260xw7b.jpg

• Like 1

So now that TWD is confirmed, which Dr. Jimmy clue was tied to it?

I'm a very big fan of TWD. I read the comics even before there was a show. The show is one of my favorite things still running on tv. However, I can sympathize with some of you on the idea of it returning again. Variety is the spice of life, and there is so much horror to choose from (not to mention semi-original ideas). I'm not going to lie and say I'm disappointed about having 1 giant house. If anything, I'm more disappointed in the idea that no matter what you are dealing with, making money always seems to be the top priority.

• Like 1

It is a business after all. The top priority is always to make money. And love it or hate it, TWD has brought a ton of money in, including a sellout. Besides, it's only one house, there will still be plenty of variety.

Edited by ghostdude
  • Like 1

If you read the comments from the general unwashed masses... they mostly don't seem too thrilled. But who cares. Contracts are contracts.

Regardless, there is a large brightside. TWD is only one house and it's a whopper of a house.

We got streets back. We have more originals. No transplants, no sequels, and some good IPs as well. Should be an all around win even if you hate TWD.

• Like 3

It's funny when people cry doom when Universal brings back TWD because "it's not original" and so on, yet the've done numerous "reunions" with the old icons, and brace yourself for another one in the works, and not a peep comes out of many. Like ferox said, it's a matter of taste, it's only going to be a house, skip it all together and do the remaining 7 that are yet to be announced. And before anyone says that "at least Jac's original", these icons stopped being fresh and new ages ago. :)

I don't care that TWD is back for the third year in a row, it is not even a factor in my decision to go. I will be getting my Rush of Fear ticket and enjoying the fact that we should get scare zones back after whatever that stuff was over the last two years. I didn't mind the wandering legions as much as being inundated by fanboys and girls running and screaming from zombies in bad masks. Plus, after the improvement from HHN 22 to 23 in the WD house, I am actually looking forward to hitting it at least once to see if they outdo last year. If not, there are 7 other houses to enjoy.

• Like 2

There is nothing to complain about at this point with TWD, we've known it was a three year contract since the beginning. This time it is just a house and it sounds like it will be pretty damn good even if its just in set pieces. I go because the houses are so well done and not the scares, so I'll be there.

• Like 1

sounds to me like there was some kind of compromise. Like the head honchos at Uni wanted walking dead to come back so the designers took the opportunity to finally make a mega house.

I don't really like walking dead but I am excited because it means we will see something interesting, I am curious about the house design and how big the rooms will be. Also having more actors will be very interesting

Looks like my prediction of this being our first announced house last night was correct.

Biggest house ever, eh? Maybe this explains the disaster queue situation? Not entirely sure on that, so don't quote me on it.

I'm at least expecting that the walking dead will be the focus of at least one scarezone, though.

Also, the main site updated and it still is very much a "generic site." Seems under the attractions it says Diagon alley will in fact not be open, so... For those who were still wondering for some reason, yeah.

Most likely, I don't know how they're going to make it any bigger than a sound stage house, though.

We shall see, I suppose.

Give the house a whole soundstage... Or "officially" have the house begin or end outside the SS.
  • Like 4

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic