The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line

JDW

bg_TWD.thumb.jpg.948af1e7151d45218b51162518afc881.jpg

In the largest haunted house Universal Orlando® has ever created, you’ll journey through the most recent season of AMC’s The Walking Dead from the prison on your way to Terminus, dodging flesh-eating walkers every step of the way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So to no surprise whatsoever, The Walking Dead is returning. This year it'll be in the form of the largest house they've ever done in HHN's history, twice the size of anything they've done in the past.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/06/09/halloween-horror-nights-walking-dead-universal/10220147/

For those that are...ummm..displeased by the news, just remember this. Over at Hollywood they're stuck with a maze, scare zone and a TWD Terror Tram once again. An' they're probably not getting particular IP's because of that.

I'm thoroughly convinced that universal marketing has been replaced by 12 year old internet trolls. Yeah I know about the walking dead coming back. But you made people stay up until 6 in the morning and then dropped that turd on them? Extremely rude and geeze release one of the exciting properties first. Break the TWD news easy.

• Like 5

Who says?

the three year contract was only speculation. Granted they're trying to hype it up by making it twice as long. But that isn't a guarantee. I agree however, look on the bright side at least that's the worst news.

Who says?

the three year contract was only speculation. Granted they're trying to hype it up by making it twice as long. But that isn't a guarantee.but I agree look on the bright side at least that's the worst news.

i agree now that done time to get intresing now

Well, we all knew it was coming but to hear the confirmation totally breaks my heart.

The fact that its going to be double the length of any house prior worries me too... I kind of get the feeling that its going to be a house full of all the props used over the last two years... Im betting we will see everything we have already seen used in last years scarezones and the both houses with a new face on it (maybe thats how they can budget to do a double length house as its already been made). But then im british... im an eternal pessimist :P

Oh well :) at least thats over... heres to the next announcement being something that will be awesome! Sweep this under the rug and move on.

Edited by Panok
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind if it is just a maze. I just don't want the walking dead to cover the entire park and all the merchandise like it has the last two years. But a big ass walking dead house might be cool! I'm a try and stay on the positive side here people!!!! Lol

People stay up for these announcements? That's funny.

Not this guy!

• Like 1

So to no surprise whatsoever, The Walking Dead is returning. This year it'll be in the form of the largest house they've ever done in HHN's history, twice the size of anything they've done in the past.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/06/09/halloween-horror-nights-walking-dead-universal/10220147/

For those that are...ummm..displeased by the news, just remember this. Over at Hollywood they're stuck with a maze, scare zone and a TWD Terror Tram once again. An' they're probably not getting particular IP's because of that.

I feel like the kid who has my first day of summer vacation, all excited on my way to my first day at the pool, only to get there to see a giant turd floating in the middle.

• Like 7

So I don't mind having TWD as a house, but the fact that it is double the length is very... disappointing. I would rather have a house that we haven't seen be double the length, not a house that we've seen the past two years. While yes, I understand it is a "new" version, zombies are zombies. Hopefully I am wrong! I think they are going to have a boat load of zombies in here, as that has been a complaint I've seen all over with not enough zombies being in the houses.

"We have an uber maze and more," says Aiello."

The "uber maze" I can deal with. Might even be fun. It's the "and more" that worries me. Please let it only be 1 scare zone. No takeover of the entire park and the merchandise.

• Like 1

"We have an uber maze and more," says Aiello."

The "uber maze" I can deal with. Might even be fun. It's the "and more" that worries me. Please let it only be 1 scare zone. No takeover of the entire park and the merchandise.

i don't think we getting a takeover since i believe we getting diferent scarezones as well

I'm thoroughly convinced that universal marketing has been replaced by 12 year old internet trolls. Yeah I know about the walking dead coming back. But you made people stay up until 6 in the morning and then dropped that turd on them? Extremely rude and geeze release one of the exciting properties first. Break the TWD news easy.

I think by them not hyping up the first announcement for a few days like normal, they tried to just throw the TWD news out there because it's not getting great reception on their Facebook page or that article. I feel like it's not something they wanted to do again, especially here, but they're obligated to so they had to do it. I seriously can't see them doing it 4 times in a row, especially since it wasn't even the most popular house last year over here and I doubt it will be this year.

Maybe this means they'll start announcing the good IPs real soon :)

Granted I am a huge TWD fan but I think this will be awesome. The first house was a let down, last year they learned from the first and had a great house... This year they should knock this one out the park. I go to HHN due to the high quality of the houses and the atmosphere, no one does it better. Most of us on here love this event and appreciate it more than just the general public... I know this genre has been done the last two years but I think we can all have confidence that Uni will make this house very unique from the last two

• Like 7

So have we figured out where there going to put this Monstrosity?

You mean the highest rated cable show that single handedly sold out an event that hadnt sold out in years? That monstrosity?

• Like 4

rick-grimes.gif

The house the first year wasn't very good at all, I'll give you that.. but last year I thought it was a really strong house and they gave us the biggest street set piece ever. Now the largest house ever? I'm in.

Highest rated cable tevelevision show in history in the event's demographic and this property is why the event sold out for only the second time ever. You really still question why it's back?

Edited by Coast
  • Like 5

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The End Of The Line
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic