Halloween Horror Nights 24 Construction (Discussion)

Waiting in the Gringots line at the moment so i have time to reflect haha. Anyways, the sprung tent 2 facade looks really strange to me. There are a few odd windows and strange angled panels. One window is a foot off the ground and slanted at 40°-ish angle. These windows are prefect rectangles but i was thinking that wood might cover them leaving a small gun hole (cant remember what they are actually called). Over all this facade is some form of 16th C fort. I mean we have a freakin cannon in front of the facade!

I really had no idea the Myers house was going to be so large. It looked nowhere near that size in earlier photos. I'm very impressed.

I have no idea what to make of the Charlie facade. Its going to be interesting to watch its progress.

Thanks for the pics!

Charlie facade definitely looks like a doll house to me.

I can see how Cannons COULD be used in the charlie maze, but it would mean a theme involving a lot more than just dolls.

Yes, dolls are toys, but the only thing that cannons would be used for is toy soldiers. Maybe we could be seeing not just "Evil Dolls", but evil toys in general.

Think about it: Evil toys involve toy soldiers with toy cannons. It could end up being similar to the Hollywood "Toyz" scarezone but in maze form.

Evil toys that want revenge because they were abused. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Charlie facade definitely looks like a doll house to me.

I can see how Cannons COULD be used in the charlie maze, but it would mean a theme involving a lot more than just dolls.

Yes, dolls are toys, but the only thing that cannons would be used for is toy soldiers. Maybe we could be seeing not just "Evil Dolls", but evil toys in general.

Think about it: Evil toys involve toy soldiers with toy cannons. It could end up being similar to the Hollywood "Toyz" scarezone but in maze form.

Evil toys that want revenge because they were abused. Simple as that.

When you put it this way, I immediately think of Sid from Toy Story and what he did to all those toys.

I forgot to add... When took the pictures of the new facade i saw what looked like rebars put together in a cone shape (teepee?). I couldn't get a clear shot of this but I just remembered about it and thought it interesting. This was near the cannon, could be a frame to something they'll add to the scene outside. EDIT: tried to find a picture that best resembled it and oh my gosh i think its something like this (without vegetables of course)!

tomato-teepee.jpg

Edited by Ande
  • Like 2

Just came back from a construction update and nothing major has happened. All of the items outside sprung 2 are now gone and a little had been added to the facade but still no paint or detail. However the Myers house now has fencing running along the side of the facade toward the entrance of the sprung tent. Guessing we're not walking through the facade :(.

Thats all for now, we will update toward the end of the month where there will (hopefully) be full facades to take pictures of

Edited by Ande
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not that we weren't already aware of where, but...

The permit for SS22 is finally on the permit site.

FDtD is the only SS house that I hadn't found a permit for (except TWD, which Mike has confirmed for SS25), so FDtD is in SS22.

Mike said FDTD was SS22 on that Twitter photo of the facade back a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the pics Ande! Looks like everything is starting to shape up nicely. I am breaking a friend in this year (he has always wanted to go but hasn't ever. Halloween is his favorite horror film of all time so I cannot wait to see his face as we walk up to that facade. I will be waiting until dark though to get the full effect!