Halloween Horror Nights 24 Construction (Discussion)

...that would make perfect sense for Dracula Untold...

Actually, I was thinking From Dusk Till Dawn. Apparently there will be quite a few bats in Dracula Untold as well, so who knows? I'm not sure how close the person who took the picture got to the image taken. From a distance, I think you could mistake a tobacco leaf for a hanging bat.

I believe the area in the picture wasn't a soundstage (sprung tent 2?). Supposedly, Dracula Untold is going to be in a soundstage.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Yes the pic on the right was just for comparison.

Bats in that location don't really make a any sense anymore... unless for streets.

He also said he saw her making them. I'm not quite sure what that means but I envisioned bundling them or hanging them.

Something as complex as a bat would most likely be poured latex and then airbrushed.

He was under the impression it was tobacco leaves as well so I will have to difer to the one who was there.

Guest kiwisoup

Yeah they are definitely leaves and not bats. I saw a close up pic somewhere but I did note that they somewhat resembles bats.

We don't. Although I'm not entirely sure what other projects Universal would use them for. Being directly in front of the tent 1 to me would imply they belong there... But that is a little confusing based on the theme so logic moved them to the parade building (it is just a hundered or so feet away) as they make sense there. Why are they making them? What is the significance? Which house if any are they going in? Unknown.

Really wish i brought my cannon that day but my phones camera doesn't give it justice. I couldn't see the object hanging under the tent as being bats. My first impression when I saw them were tobacco leaves. A lady was working on the leaves spraying or painting the color that they are seen in the picture. I could "maybe" see them as bats if painted black but as of what I saw I really doubt they were bats.

• Like 1

Another little update on construction:

The Notice of Commencement for construction of HHN houses 5-7 has been filed.

This group of houses are being built by another new builder, Keystone Builders.

As people may remember, I posted about the NoC for houses 1-3 and the builder listed is P D E Homes.

Need notices for 4 & 8 now.

what in the world is going on this year? what could Fake have done?

Got outbid?

Most of the individual builders are subcontractors that typically just follow the work. The actual builders could very likely be the same people, it's just that different companies are managing it.

I hope they are for HHN....and for the streets only because they make me think of my favorite scare ever: Rock Man whose blended in perfectly in IOA. Even after being scares by him once, I still couldn't find him the second time and scared the crap out of me again! I REALLY hope they have "CamoScares" again this year.

Thinking of leaf lined areas makes me think of them...

Got outbid?

Most of the individual builders are subcontractors that typically just follow the work. The actual builders could very likely be the same people, it's just that different companies are managing it.

True, but if I'm not mistaken isnt FAKE a family ran business? So wouldnt that mean most of the regular people would not be returning?

True, but if I'm not mistaken isnt FAKE a family ran business? So wouldnt that mean most of the regular people would not be returning?

Managerially, if I remember correctly, it's family-owned. But most of their staff worked as subs.

It's also possible that Fake didn't want to be bothered with HHN this year because they were helping with Diagon Ally.

Managerially, if I remember correctly, it's family-owned. But most of their staff worked as subs.

It's also possible that Fake didn't want to be bothered with HHN this year because they were helping with Diagon Ally.

My wild theory is that Fake is working solely on TWD. (Plus all the Diagon Alley stuff they are doing).

It kinda makes sense. Biggest house ever. Biggest IP ever (especially from a monetary standpoint). Hopefully this is the swan song for the property. Having it built by a proven company who you have worked with for years makes sense. Letting them dedicate their time to it and it only also makes sense.

• Like 1

Well, to the left of the video screen for the Potter fans, we see the start of what could be a façade near the entrance to Sprung Tent 2. It isn't completed yet but in the lower section there are two openings. Windows? Doorways?

Maybe a nice little house in an Illinois town?

• Like 1

Ugh. The orange disk is driving me crazy >.<

It honestly looks like one of those collapsible laundry bag things I had in college just draped over the side...or some kind of filter that a yet to be installed spotlight could be placed behind. I know a 3D Disaster Queue house has all but been eliminated, but a bright orange spotlight with a piped in fog machine making 3D fog with hidden 3D clowns would possibly be the best thing ever!