Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Here's something that a lot of people didn't understand: the joke with the dancing panda. A while back, Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show made a mascot for himself, and it was Hashtag, the Dancing Panda. Watch a couple videos on it. Also, one other thing is that Jimmy thinks American Ninja Warrior is a stupid TV show, and that plays part in the same joke the first time.

That's a pretty weird joke. like, kind of bizarre, Will Jimmy Fallon even see this show? seems really "inside joke" to me.

That's a pretty weird joke. like, kind of bizarre, Will Jimmy Fallon even see this show? seems really "inside joke" to me.

I mean Fallon did come for the show during the summer, maybe they are doing it since he will probably have the event on his show? Idk maybe it is meant for him or for people to look it up after the show to go watch Fallon's show

I mean Fallon did come for the show during the summer, maybe they are doing it since he will probably have the event on his show? Idk maybe it is meant for him or for people to look it up after the show to go watch Fallon's show

Now I see another missed opportunity, why not have an actor play Jimmy and do some jokes (Not making fun of Jimmy obviously, but Jimmy making fun of other characters on stage) lol

I'm not picking on the show or anything but It just makes me wonder why not do this.

All that I remember:

Bill and Ted (idk why they're in the show they're totally not relevant anymore)

Red from Orange is the New Black

Anna and Elsa from Frozen

Pirate from Captain Phillips (don't remember his name but the main pirate)

Megan Fox

TMNT

Dancing Panda

someone from Game of Thrones

Zac Efron

Ice Cube

Shia Lebouf

Guy Fieri

Bono

Dragon from The Hobbit

Walter White

Godzilla

Professor X

Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy

Justin Bieber

Donald Sterling

Miley Cyrus

Maleficent

Mentioned: How I Met Your Mother, Ray Rice, Avatarland

etc

This year's show plot:

Frat House for crappy celebrities. Ice Cube recruits B&T to go find out why the college students are all dying. They need to wear Magical Tracking Bands to gain access into the Frat.

Overall I thought it was really random and lazily thrown together. I didn't *not* like it, but 2 viewings was more than enough for me, compared to me seeing it 6 times last year and would not mind seeing it again. Some of the Disney jabs and some other jokes were great

I AM THE SLEEPY HOLLOW

but some were misplaced and unnecessary

Donald Sterling, Acid trip, Megan Fox/TMNT, etc

The only reason I'll see it again is to bring other people to see it for their first time, but other than that I have no desire to see it again. I'd give it a C since it doesn't suck completely.

How I'd rank it compared to other years:

Hollywood 2012 (untouchable. Absolutely perfect. I don't care if it's a different event.)

2007/2009/2010 (don't remember them completely but know I like them better then the rest)

Orlando 2012 (most unwatchable piece of shit show I've ever seen. I never saw the finale. I walked out. It was completely horrible.)

Edited by foREVer56

The plot is a complete random events plot. There is a basic plot that gets stuff moving, but for the most part it goes between "Hey, remember this thing?" scenes that get nothing but a minor reminder of the plot's existence at the end....at best. Some of their actors look the part, but a good few look little to nothing like their character. They even hastily threw in a Bono appearance less than a week before employee preview to play off of the Songs of Innocence release, and the actor looks so little like Bono that you could have thrown sunglasses and a baseball cap onto literally any random audience member and had the same effect.

The show was pretty awful to me. They were making jokes at some points and crowd was dead silent, it was super uncomfortable. I giggled at the Smaug skit but the rest just felt so lazily written and boring. Kinda seemed like some old guy writing it was trying to be hip and funny and failed.

• Like 1

Watched it opening night, and then last Friday night. I enjoyed it, I laughed. I didn't see last year's show, so I can't compare it to that.

Differences between the first weekend and the second:

-Added the word "bent" when talking to Bono about the iPhone

-I could literally hear groans from the audience when Ted spoils Game of Thrones (or DOES he?)

The show was pretty awful to me. They were making jokes at some points and crowd was dead silent, it was super uncomfortable. I giggled at the Smaug skit but the rest just felt so lazily written and boring. Kinda seemed like some old guy writing it was trying to be hip and funny and failed.

Yeah pretty much, I'm surprised how much they missed as far as pop cuture gags go, I thought they were going to have so much more

• Like 1

Now I see another missed opportunity, why not have an actor play Jimmy and do some jokes (Not making fun of Jimmy obviously, but Jimmy making fun of other characters on stage) lol

I'm not picking on the show or anything but It just makes me wonder why not do this.

Show goes out of its way--I'm sure at the direct behest of Legal--not to parody anyone or any IP that might be in active negotiations. Notice how Harry Potter quietly disappeared after about the fourth movie? Or how Avatar didn't make it in until Cameron had signed a deal with Disney?

Last year's use of Gandalf hitting a bong was all the confirmation I needed LotR wasn't coming to the parks, as was the hot rumor at the time.

I realize other than Frozen and GotG movies were sort of weak this year, but the show feels too heavily based off of cable TV. Guessing the writers watch a lot of Netflix.

• Like 1

But they did have a Fallon joke. Remember the panda? That's his mascot!

(fair bit of spoilers)

OH.. MY.. GOD! This show is so beyond gold that it is instant platinum.

I loved that they go after that other place down I4 right from the get go. The plot worked well enough into the "random things happening back to back" outline. I didnt think they could possibly ever top last year's half naked horror icon intro dance and they didnt, but a wet tshirt contest definitely made it come close.

When IT happened, and if you've seen the show, you know what IT is, I lost it. I was dying. Everybody in the crowd was dying. When it was over, half of the crowd was standing up cheering both times I saw the show. This might be the funniest thing to happen in the Fear Factor Live venue.

There are a few other really great one liners inbetween the funnier parts. The villain was a really weird choice and the ending was awkward, but it really doesnt matter after the 30 minutes beforehand. A++, two thumbs and two big toes up.

Also, blue selfie girl:

real-mvp.jpg

Someone hates snowcones.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing another 5 times I've grown to love it immensely. I think it's AMAZING now. A lot of it is really hysterical. I still don't really like the Donald Sterling bit and GotG was wasted in part cuz of him, but other than that it's probably in my top 3 favorite B&T's.

Fun Fact: Mike Aiello is Smaug.