Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I reversed the entire text and here's what it says.

Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd. Thrice and once the hedge-pig whined.Harpier cries "'Tis time, 'tis time."Round about the cauldron go;In the poison'd entrails throw.Toad, that under cold stoneDays and nights has thirty-oneSwelter'd venom sleeping got,Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.
Contributing Artists
Double, double, toil and trouble;Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Album:
Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,Witches' mummy, maw and gulfOf the ravin'd salt-sea shark,Root of hemlock digg'd i' the dark,Liver of blaspheming Jew,Gall of goat, and slips of yew Silver'd in the moon's eclipse,Nose of Turk and Tartar's lips,Finger of birth-strangled babe Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,Make the gruel thick and slab:Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,For the ingredients of our cauldron.
Genre:
Double, double, toil and trouble;Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

• Like 1

Witch wraith crown. Autumn people. She feeds off fear/pain/and anguish.

She's always showing herself as a negative too notice that? Perhaps she is not corporeal because she has no master. BUT if she can generate enough fear/pain/and anguish she can manifest herself and therefore take the cane for herself. Unless she can't.

The clue about Jack (the paint ingredients) lends me to believe she is either doing his bidding or preparing for his return. Then again she may be trying to generate the energy she needs to bring him back to take the cane so she can manifest again. So either way her audio, being very aggresive in nature, is an attempt to do generate power. By that proxy she uses the clues to entice us in.

... or I could be way off base. But it does seem to fit.

LOL this is fun :P

• Like 1

Looking over the Who Am I clues, perhaps The Dust Witch was originally captured by Oddfellow ("bound by bone and dust" "indentured to the dark man"), but then was (unknowingly?) released by Jack when he killed Oddfellow and took over the carnival (clue #3 is about Jack, and mentions the Dust Witch serving him, but the wording doesn't seem quite as ominous as the wording for serving under Odd Fellow, so maybe she was doing it out of debt because Jack released her). Now that Jack's been captured in the lantern, she plans to unleash him as the ultimate repayment so she will no longer be in his debt ("Forever bound to the vessel (lantern), I shall see his restitution").

• Like 2

Yep! The full quote is "Viewed some in progress scenic today".

It's stage speak. Scenic refers to the stage dressing. The scenery.

That's what I get for trying to quote the tweet off memory xD

And obviously he tweeted that pic because that could be from literally anything.

There are 3 options that jump out immediately without thinking.

The Shining, Insidious & The Conjuring. Conjuring & Insidious have the haunted dolls & the fact that Annabelle & Amanda just wish to play connects them to The "Twins" in The Shining. Amanda is a real life haunted doll, Annabelle connects to The Warrens & The Conjuring so it could be an original doll house instead if it's not IP. I'm thinking however at this moment, this is an IP & either we'll get one of my favorite horror movies of the past few years or one of the most suspenseful King features of all time.

Well...that or Insidious.

There are 3 options that jump out immediately without thinking.

The Shining, Insidious & The Conjuring. Conjuring & Insidious have the haunted dolls & the fact that Annabelle & Amanda just wish to play connects them to The "Twins" in The Shining. Amanda is a real life haunted doll, Annabelle connects to The Warrens & The Conjuring so it could be an original doll house instead if it's not IP. I'm thinking however at this moment, this is an IP & either we'll get one of my favorite horror movies of the past few years or one of the most suspenseful King features of all time.

Well...that or Insidious.

The Grady twins are never given names in the book or movie version of The Shining. Also, they never appear in the book, but are mentioned in passing, and they are not twins in the book. Usually I go with the most obvious answer, which The Shining SEEMS to be, but given that there are no names for the 'twins' in either the book or movie, I would tend to believe it is not The Shining.

Now, something inspired by The Shining I could see.

Or something inspired by Alice Sweet Alice and The Bad Seed.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

I saw this clue when i was just waking up and all i could see was Madamme Vastra from Dr. Who staring at me in the image behind the words.

Now im awake i dont see it so much but thought id mention it as that is one IP i would love to see even though its a stretch goal.

I'll post a couple pictures for those who are unfamiliar with what the dolls look like.

Real Annabelle vs. Hollywood (left/right)

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/conjuring/anbld.jpg

I think this is the haunted version of Amanda.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Vigssite/Haunted/HAUNTED-DOLL-AMANDA.jpg

Also...

How would you like these guys walking around your house? (Dr. Who - Night Terrors)

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/35/618_cult_doctor_who_0609_8.jpg

This one isn't haunted, but is pretty awful to look at.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/7233/840/1600/715783/cheekydoll.jpg

I would post a couple pictures of the Island of Dolls in Mexico, but pictures don't do it any justice.

Any guesses as to what the picture is in the clue? So far, all I got is maybe a fly's wing?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Sounds like I have decided to catch up at a very busy time! I love this dust witch idea with the Jack tie in. If she releases Jack, does she release everyone? Or could this be a basis for the next few years. Each year someone else gets released (24-Jack, 25-Caretaker, 26-Director, 27-Storyteller, 28-Usher) leading to a big reunion party at HHN 29? I should probably slow down...

Sounds like I have decided to catch up at a very busy time! I love this dust witch idea with the Jack tie in. If she releases Jack, does she release everyone? Or could this be a basis for the next few years. Each year someone else gets released (24-Jack, 25-Caretaker, 26-Director, 27-Storyteller, 28-Usher) leading to a big reunion party at HHN 29? I should probably slow down...

Nice idea I wouldn't mind HHN going that direction.

Or, since he forgot Bloody Mary, the 30th.

I intentionally left Mary out since she was not "imprisoned" in the lantern in 20. I was trying to think of another for 30, so they could still include her, unless they give us someone else random like Fear in 20. Or it could be 25 as JDW suggested, I didn't even think of that milestone number.

I intentionally left Mary out since she was not "imprisoned" in the lantern in 20. I was trying to think of another for 30, so they could still include her, unless they give us someone else random like Fear in 20. Or it could be 25 as JDW suggested, I didn't even think of that milestone number.

Is Eddie in the lantern?

Is Eddie in the lantern?

He and Cindy both made appearances at 20 I believe. Not sure if they are considered to be in the lantern since they never actually had an even that they were icons of. I don't know if only icons are considered to have gone away or old characters in general.

• Like 1