Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Are we sure both "Who am I" clues relate to Jack? I know one does, but... Did the other?

I thought the other picture was the Dust Witch from Something Wicked This Way Comes?

See an example pic here...

https://cdn.d23.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/042913_DatelineDisney_SomethingWickedThisWayComes_1.jpg

I never read the novel, but from what I gather, it has something to do with a traveling carnival.

I thought the other picture was the Dust Witch from Something Wicked This Way Comes?

See an example pic here...

https://cdn.d23.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/042913_DatelineDisney_SomethingWickedThisWayComes_1.jpg

I never read the novel, but from what I gather, it has something to do with a traveling carnival.

True, but here's the thing.

Part 1 apparently relates to Mr. Dark and how his traveling dark carnival operates. I'm guessing this is supposed to relate to Jack in the way that once he killed Oddfellow, he took over the circus and ran the "carnival of carnage?"

The thing is, we've had three clues relating to Jack and previously people had a notion fear was coming back. I was just wondering if perhaps these three clues (Who am I part 1 and 2, as well as clue 4) could be potentially alluding to three different characters, especially since one was incredibly easy to solve. Three clues pointing to the same thing is an odd bit of redundancy.

Are we sure both "Who am I" clues relate to Jack? I know one does, but... Did the other?

Clue 4 appears to reference Jack.

Who am I pt. 1 seems to be a picture of the Dust Witch, and the "voice" of the text seems to be the Dust Witch.

Who am I pt. 2 seems to be a picture of Dr. Oddfellow or taken from Dr. Oddfellow's promotional material, but the "voice" of the text still appears to be that of the Dust Witch.

Jack was originally a part of Dr. Oddfellow's traveling circus in the 1920s and killed by Dr. Oddfellow. In 2000, a box that contained Jack's spirit (possibly body as well) was purchased by Universal. After Jack was brought backed to life in 06 as a mortal man, he proceeded to hunt down and kill Dr. Oddfellow after escaping from Shadybrook. He took over Oddfellow's circus in 07. Dr. Oddfellow appears to have been "immortal" due to the large gap in time between Jack's original death, and Dr. Oddfellow's death. This immortality has been attributed to the "cane of souls" that Ringmaster Jack has possession of now.

Yes, Something Wicked This Way Comes is about a traveling carnival.

If memory serves, Dr. Oddfellow's carnival was an homage to this Ray Bradbury story.

Take that to where you will spec wise. Is Jack coming back? Is Oddfellow reappearing? Will we see the two of them at odds or Jack back in Dr. Oddfellow's service?

Interesting tidbit...

With the latest clue from Cassilda pointing to both voodoo and gypsies, the only way I can see a single scarezone holding both of these themes is through a Dark Carnival over all theme.

Gypsy caravans tend to be a visual staple to old traveling circuses, and the Dust Witch does resemble a gypsy fortune teller.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Who am I pt. 1 seems to be a picture of the Dust Witch, and the "voice" of the text seems to be the Dust Witch.

Who am I pt. 2 seems to be a picture of Dr. Oddfellow or taken from Dr. Oddfellow's promotional material, but the "voice" of the text still appears to be that of the Dust Witch.

Jack was originally a part of Dr. Oddfellow's traveling circus in the 1920s and killed by Dr. Oddfellow. In 2000, a box that contained Jack's spirit (possibly body as well) was purchased by Universal. After Jack was brought backed to life in 06 as a mortal man, he proceeded to hunt down and kill Dr. Oddfellow after escaping from Shadybrook. He took over Oddfellow's circus in 07. Dr. Oddfellow appears to have been "immortal" due to the large gap in time between Jack's original death, and Dr. Oddfellow's death. This immortality has been attributed to the "cane of souls" that Ringmaster Jack has possession of now.

If memory serves, Dr. Oddfellow's carnival was an homage to this Ray Bradbury story.

Take that to where you will spec wise. Is Jack coming back? Is Oddfellow reappearing? Will we see the two of them at odds or Jack back in Dr. Oddfellow's service?

Interesting tidbit...

With the latest clue from Cassilda pointing to both voodoo and gypsies, the only way I can see a single scarezone holding both of these themes is through a Dark Carnival over all theme.

Gypsy caravans tend to be a visual staple to old traveling circuses, and the Dust Witch does resemble a gypsy fortune teller.

Wait season 7 of faceoff has to do with death life, morality and rebirth could the chalenge be make a oddfellow orginal character Edited by timbo8

Interesting tidbit...

The thing I'm confused about though is this:

Is this really a "dust witch" or is it a character we've seen before that is similar in appearance/motive/or action?

Another detail that I noticed in hint number 4 that no one has commented on (that I saw) was the pair of black gloves sitting there. The ingredients may be used to make Jack's face paint, but I'm pretty sure he didn't wear black gloves. What's up with that?

this a sleepy hallow conncetion there was a episode called the lesser key of solomon get it two fox as fox tv station two sisters were involved in sleepy hallow

As mentioned before by timbo8, episode 4 of Sleepy Hollow was called the Lesser Key of Solomon. Here is a summary of it here via imdb:

Crane realizes that another series of crimes is committed by descendants of the Shadowhunters, an occult order among the British crown's German mercenary regiments, which is after the Lesser Key of Solomon, a book with spells to release 72 demons. Abbie's sister has escaped from psych ward and joins them to find it and the Hessian devil worshipers, just when they attempt to unleash Moloch, the demonic director of the Apocalypse, and mother Mills's killer.

The symbol in the background of Cassi clue #7 is thought to be a symbol from the Key of Solomon.

We also know from the post via boogeyman13 on May 15th that the 2 foxes may be the 2 Fox Sisters who tapped on objects to fool people into believing there were spirits. What wasn't mentioned was that when one of the sisters (Margaret) came forward and told the truth that their rappings were a hoax in 1888 that it ruined their reputations.... much like when Jenny Mills told the truth about seeing a demon in the woods and she ended up being institutionalized.

2 sisters (Fox Sisters) on fox (network) hunting for the lesser key of solomon being tracked by old man splitfoot (a goat-like demon named Moloch)

Sleepy Hollow?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

As mentioned before by timbo8, episode 4 of Sleepy Hollow was called the Lesser Key of Solomon. Here is a summary of it here via imdb:

Crane realizes that another series of crimes is committed by descendants of the Shadowhunters, an occult order among the British crown's German mercenary regiments, which is after the Lesser Key of Solomon, a book with spells to release 72 demons. Abbie's sister has escaped from psych ward and joins them to find it and the Hessian devil worshipers, just when they attempt to unleash Moloch, the demonic director of the Apocalypse, and mother Mills's killer.

The symbol in the background of Cassi clue #7 is thought to be a symbol of the Key of Solomon.

We also know from the post via boogeyman13 on May 15th that the 2 foxes may be the 2 Fox Sisters who tapped on objects to fool people into believing there were spirits. What wasn't mentioned was that when one of the sisters (Margaret) came forward and told the truth that their rappings were a hoax in 1888 that it ruined their reputations.... much like when Jenny Mills told the truth about seeing a demon in the woods and she ended up being institutionalized.

2 sisters (Fox Sisters) on fox (network) hunting for the lesser key of solomon being tracked by old man splitfoot (a goat-like demon named Molch)

Sleepy Hollow?

Maybe we dont know for sure Edited by timbo8

starting to catch up on the speculations...something came to mind wouldn't it be cool if we are getting two of the three sisters of evil that Singapore had last year i wouldn't mind all three but with our team putting their own spin on it....I believe mike did travel there last year to lend a hand.

Jack had fingerless gloves for COC and after.

Chance wore long black leather gloves.

Unknown what Oddfellow wore but if he is a clone of Dark, he could wear leather gloves.

Or CC? IDK what she wears.